Sign in to follow this  
marshal_banana

That wasn’t a laser blast. Something hit us.

As child I was blown away as I saw the original scene in "The Empire Strikes Back".

"That wasn’t a laser blast. Something hit us." After this sentence the action was incredible.

For me this is one of the most remarkable flying scenes in movie-history.

And I never saw that scene build in lego before, so I thought this is maybe something for the Eurobricks, Epic Scenes competition. :wink:

enjoy! MB

4695717778_456c916b22_b.jpg

4695717626_b260f4e2ce_b.jpg

4695717704_0b642f5124_b.jpg

For bigger pictures please check my flicker-account...

Great!

The mini-models are well designed, but my favourites are the SNOTted asteroids... brilliant!

The black space with these small, brown dot-bricks adds a nice touch to your MOC.

You'll definitely get one of my points in that category... artistically done!

greets,

Big Brick

Edited by Big Brick

This is a masterpiece. :cry_happy::thumbup:

Only the solar panels of the TIEs look a bit strange...

It looks brilliant but I'm not sure if we're allowed to build a "round" base. :sceptic:

Because if you're pedantic, you could say it's no 32x32 entry...

Good luck in the contest! :classic:

Really nice moc!

The minis look fantastic and so do the asteroids.

There are areas you could improve like the laser being attached directly to the mini MF with I think you could change by using a see through piece to prop it up. Also, I think it may be wise to have full corners instead of cutting them off like that just to make sure your entry is valid.

Good luck! :thumbup:

I LOVE IT!!! A very nice MOC you did there marshal banana, great job! :thumbup: You really captured the space battle scene pretty well on a very small scale. I like how you made the ships and the asteroids float through the black base, very clever! And the TIEs and MF are simply cute!

Edited by KielDaMan

This is great :thumbup: Everything about it is spot on, from the mini ties and falcon to the asteroids ! you can almost here the screaming from the tie fighters guns !

That is truly a superb entry. Not only are the models each great individually, but they're put together an a cool base to create a wonderful display piece. You should be very proud.

To everybody saying he should make the square, that isn't necessary as per the rules. Brick-built bases just have to fit on a 32x32 base. I certainly like the MOC very much on its not square base; the black slab is what makes this MOC a cool sculpture. I would advise adding a picture of the MOC on top of a 32x32 baseplate, though, to show that it fits.

Really wonderful work!

This is really nice.

The Falcon is detailed but not overly greebled, It looks like the Falcon without being overly complex.

My only reservation is the all-brown asteroids. some dark grey would look good mixed in with the brown, but this does not detract from how good a scene this is.

A beautiful MOC. I was considering submitting something, but with high-quality MOCs like this, I don't even feel like bothering.

You've shown strong vision with this, but beyond that, you've shown a lot of ingenuity. You're a strong contender, me thinks.

A beautiful MOC. I was considering submitting something, but with high-quality MOCs like this, I don't even feel like bothering.

You've shown strong vision with this, but beyond that, you've shown a lot of ingenuity. You're a strong contender, me thinks.

Seconded! I could never beat this amazing MOC. My half-built effort's going back into the box...

Seconded! I could never beat this amazing MOC. My half-built effort's going back into the box...

Thirded. There goes my chance of entering :thumbup::sadnew:

I kept looking for the shoe that's rumored to be part of the scene, but I couldn't find it. :)

didnt see the potato either!!

Wow! That's awesome! I always though George Lucas could've done a better job on this scene (Though John Williams make an awesome addition), and this is exatly what it needed! Nice!

didnt see the potato either!!

I could never find the Shaak in the episode 2 asteroid chase :laugh: .

Edited by The Legonater

This is an amazing entry! There is no way that I could have beaten this! One thing though. I am pretty sure that the rules stated that the medium entries have to fit Fully on a 32x32 baseplate. with your rounded edges, I am pretty sure it won't fully fit. might I suggest making it more square.

This is an amazing entry! There is no way that I could have beaten this! One thing though. I am pretty sure that the rules stated that the medium entries have to fit Fully on a 32x32 baseplate. with your rounded edges, I am pretty sure it won't fully fit. might I suggest making it more square.

Actually it looks like it fits.

Plus the rules state that a SNOT base is allowed to be a little bigger due to the difficulty in using the 5/6 ratio when it comes to brick heigth and width.

That's the most detailed mini Falcon I've ever seen! Great job!

The only thing that has actually been requested is a picture with a baseplate next to the MOC to compare width and so far marshal banana hasn't added such a picture.

But there's still time.

This is amazingly good! I can hardly believe the amount of action you fit on such a small plate. I want the instructions

for that falcon, so I can make one for my desk at work. It is really really good.