Sign in to follow this  
RileyC

Personnal Messenger issues

Also, speaking of the upper-right conrner controls, the drop-down box doesn't work properly for me; it'll pop out for a moment, and before I can click an option I'm dropped straight to my profile page. It's probably an IE9 and/or Windows 7 issue, but if there's a solution I'm all ears.

The forum software serves broken HTML to IE9, which causes this and a few other problems. You can fix it by telling IE to render the site using it's compatibility renderer. The button to enable it is in the IE address bar, just to the left of the Refresh button (it kind of looks like a page torn in half).

The forum software serves broken HTML to IE9, which causes this and a few other problems. You can fix it by telling IE to render the site using it's compatibility renderer. The button to enable it is in the IE address bar, just to the left of the Refresh button (it kind of looks like a page torn in half).

Thanks a bunch, this fixed a LOAD of things!

I signed up for Sandy's Mafia School, and got picked. She tryed to PM me my role, but, she couldn't. Any ideas? :sceptic:

Ok it's not a big issue but i thought i would bring it to your attention.

When i use my personal massager it says that i can invite 'six more people' to that message when i am starting a new message.But if i what to add more people to a conversation i have already started it says that i can only add 'four' other people to that conversation,even if i have only sent it to one person.

Should it not say i can add 'five more people' to conversation that i had already started?

When i use my personal massager...

Your personal massager? :laugh:

I'm glad you wrote it correctly for the rest of your post, because inviting several people to your massage would have been a bit strange, especially as many as four - or six...

Sorry for going off-topic right away, but that was too good to ignore!

Edited by L@go

Your personal massager? :laugh:

I'm glad you wrote it correctly for the rest of your post, because inviting several people to your massage would have been a bit strange, especially as many as four - or six...

Sorry for going off-topic right away, but that was too good to ignore!

Ah that might be why i have not got a propper answer yet.:laugh:

I love how this forum has that feature (personal massager) i just wish more forums had them! :blush:

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

It sounds like once the PM thread has been created it's counting you and the initial person, leaving only 4 additional, it does the same for me. So I am guessing it's how the board works. An admin can probably get a better answer but unless they raise your threshold to 7,it will probably remain the same.

Have you successfully created a new PM sending it to 1 recipient with 6 additional people totalling 7 people not including you?

Ok, this may be a stupid question, but how do i get to my personal messenger?

I tried clicking my name in the top right of the screen. For a fraction of a second i see a pop down menu, but then the page immediately jumps to my profile. I suspect the page jumping to my profile should not be happening and that only the pop down menu is supposed to show when i click my name. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

I tried clicking my name in the top right of the screen. For a fraction of a second i see a pop down menu, but then the page immediately jumps to my profile. I suspect the page jumping to my profile should not be happening and that only the pop down menu is supposed to show when i click my name. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

I'm not sure about the menu, but, for now, this link should work.

What browser and operating system are you using? When you click your name in the upper right corner of the board, the drop down menu should drop down and stay down until you choose a selection.

What browser and operating system are you using? When you click your name in the upper right corner of the board, the drop down menu should drop down and stay down until you choose a selection.

I suspected as much. I'm using Windows Vista (SP2 with all the most recent updates) and Internet Explorer (9.0.7).

I suspected as much. I'm using Windows Vista (SP2 with all the most recent updates) and Internet Explorer (9.0.7).

Try clicking the compatibility button up by the address bar, that fixes a lot of the Web issues that IE9 seems to create.

Try clicking the compatibility button up by the address bar, that fixes a lot of the Web issues that IE9 seems to create.

Ah, that did the trick, thanks a lot! I hardly ever use the messenger, but on the rare occasions that i do at least i can get there the normal way now.

Hi everyone. I think this is the appropriate place to put sutch a topic but im not 100% sure. Anyway i have a slight broblem with getting up my messages. Every time I click the dropdown menu for my account in the top right hand corner it goes straight to my homepage rather than giving me the option to click anything else(system settings, PM, Manage freinds etc) Is their any soloution to this? Or if not is their another way to get to my messages? Thanks in advance :classic: .

It's a browser issue of some sort; I don't have this issue. In any case, a direct link to message is this.

Are you using Internet Explorer 9? This appears to be the IE compatibility problem that many have been reporting. This member had the very same problem you have.

Interesting. I thought the problem was with the spelling of messenger. :tongue:

Thanks for the replies guys. I have favorited Sinners link so i will have to make do with that for the time being. :sceptic: Oh well I only check it once a day anyway :shrug_oh_well: .

@Fugazi-Thanks for your link. I have no idea what internet explorer I am using. I just buy a computer and get on with it :tongue: .

@Hinckley- How on earth did I manage that! That must be one of the worst spelling mistakes ever??

Edited by The Joker1

If you are using internet explorer, look for the compatibility button somewhere near the address bar and click that.

It fixes a lot of the IE compatibility issues. Or you could do yourself a favor and download Google chrome. :classic:

If you are using internet explorer, look for the compatibility button somewhere near the address bar and click that.

It fixes a lot of the IE compatibility issues. Or you could do yourself a favor and download Google chrome. :classic:

Great! Thanks Big Cam it seems to be fine now. :classic: I feel stupid now as it was such a simple fix. (I do have google chrome but it still wasnt working untill I hit the compatibility button?) Oh well at least its fixed now :sweet: .

Great! Thanks Big Cam it seems to be fine now. :classic: I feel stupid now as it was such a simple fix. (I do have google chrome but it still wasnt working untill I hit the compatibility button?) Oh well at least its fixed now :sweet: .

hooray-zoidberg.jpg

Your welcome.

Are you using Internet Explorer 9? This appears to be the IE compatibility problem that many have been reporting. This member had the very same problem you have.

Merged

I believe I need to have this working in order to participate in the Gotham City Mafia game, but it gives me an error and says I cant use it?

Huh?

Can someone please explain?

EDIT: And as soon as I made this post, it shows up. figures. :wacko:

Sorry, just delete this topic.

Edited by Aokpies