Sign in to follow this  
Mister Phes

How to use the Pirate LEGO Avatar and Signature Workshop

This thread is linked to the

The Pirate LEGO Directory

How to get an Avatar or Signature

Do the following steps:

1. Create a thead with your user name as the title, then use the word(s) "Signature", "Avatar" or "Signature & Avatar" as the description.
  2. Describe the mini-figure you'd like.
  3. Describe the background you'd like or choose one from the Pre-Rendered Backgrounds thread.

Then what?

Wait for a kind user to offer to design your signature and/or avatar, but be polite and courteous because it is a privilege, not a right to have these graphics designed for you.

You must be a Eurobricks Citizen to use this service because we don't want to spend time designing graphics for someone who is going to disappear after a week or two. Spamming to get the enough posts to reach the Eurobrick Citizen Rank is unacceptable and will result in your post count being reduce to zero.

Example of Finished Signature

Calisto

calisto_signature_smaller.jpg

This thread is linked to the

The Pirate LEGO Directory

Edited by Mister Phes

How is one supposed to know whether or not they've posted 100 times in the pirate threads? Or do you mean 100 posts overall?

I don't know about everyone else but I have a rough idea of how many threads I've contributed to. Since I respond and moderate ALL pirate threads I have a very good idea of how each user has contributed to them. But definitely not 100 posts overall because the user could have made 100 useless spamful posts and that's not what I want to see. To motivate me to create graphics for a user I expect them to have at least put some thought into their writing.

Using you as an example Sir Dillion, I would say you are elligble for a avatar and/or signature as you have dedicated yourself to this message board and contributed with intelligent posts over the past few months.

Well I obviously don't need one... but this is a mighty generous offer all the same. It is in that true pirate spirit "join our crew or walk the plank*".

God Bless,

Nathan

*Yes I know a plank is not the most historically accurate pirate detail out there...

Nah, no ultimatium of any sort Mr Norro. I shouldn't imagine I'd be making a signature or avatar more than once per 3 months - if that!

Nah, no ultimatium of any sort Mr Norro.

I liked the more 'piratey' explanation :-)

God Bless,

Nathan

Great work Phes! I really like Willy's and Yoda's stuff. Nice one with the cad rendered backgrounds, they look really good.

Glad ya pleased! I do my best to beautify the place! :biggrin:

I agree about Armada Yoda's shadow and after he comments upon the images I'll make the changes he requests, or just correct the shadow.

I will chuck in a quick reply to say how great these are all looking Phes. Awsome work!

God Bless,

Nathan

Mr Tole, I prefer to use Macromedia Fireworks as my image editor which I use to clear up the backgrounds and add effects like shadows and mist. For the backgrounds I use a program called Bryce which is a terrain generator.

Without a doubt these Avatars and Sigs are good. Though, i am curious on how you make the backgrounds as a long the smoke. Also what program you use. I hope to see greater Sigs and avatars soon! :-)

I used Macromedia Fireworks as the image editor and the backgrounds are generated in Bryce. I'm not going to be making any signatures and avatars until November but you guys can still help each other out.

Mister Phes, I would like to offer you my services in avatar and signature making, I will only need your backgrounds, and I use Corel Draw 9, so they may not be always perfect. Like I said I only need your backgrounds...

I used Macromedia Fireworks as the image editor and the backgrounds are generated in Bryce. I'm not going to be making any signatures and avatars until November but you guys can still help each other out.

Thanks. I might get bryce to do backgrounds and other things. FOr animation and such. Be helpful to create water.

I wouldn't mind helping either. If that is alright?
I might be able to help too. I made mine today.

Anyone who wants to help can, I notice Admiral Starwind would like an avatar so this thread would be a good starting point.

The only problem is that I can't make ships/shadows in the backround, like he wants.

edit: Ha! 100 post, and it only took me about a year. :-P

There are probably online tutorials which can explain how to do shadows Mr Babyjawa. Which program(s) do you use for creating graphics?

Can I please have a Imperial admril in a blue goveners out fit(captians out fit whatever) With a cutlass in the right hand and a pirate map in the left, and standing in front of a carribean clipper, or on a dock with a sunset!!! ;-) I hope you can make it please! Hope it's not to much.

Can I please have a Imperial admril in a blue goveners out fit(captians out fit whatever) With a cutlass in the right hand and a pirate map in the left, and standing in front of a carribean clipper, or on a dock with a sunset!!! ;-) I hope you can make it please! Hope it's not to much.
You should make a topic about it... And be active enough in the pirate forum to deserve one!

Someone else makes it for you. You just create a thread (as per the instructions at the top of this thread) and then just tell us what you want.