Sign in to follow this  
Brickdoctor

[MOC] Aratech 74-Z Speeder Bike

gallery_101_23_281.gif

The first of many small MOC's to come from the dark archives of Brickdoctor! :devil:

1269644748m_DISPLAY.jpg

I've always had a soft spot for the smaller[est] vehicles of Star Wars, and the 74-Z Military Speeder bike is one of my favorites. I really was annoyed by the blockiness of LEGO's recent (albeit, valiant) attempt to recreate this speeder. :sadnew: I wanted mine to be more streamlined with a smaller profile. I also used rubber bands to attach the scout's legs in a more natural position.

Finished in March 2010, see more on MOCpages.

C&C welcome!

Awesome... re-invention?

I like it, it's a pity that the minifigures' legs have to be put on in an akward position... it looses a little bit in playability, BUT IT MORE THAN MAKES UP FOR IT IN SHEER AWESOMENESS!!!!!!!!!!!!

You Moc alot don't you?

Is this the third Moc you post today?

Man I wish I didn't have to study... and wasn't lazy... and had more pieces... and stopped making excuses...

Cheers and Congrats on all the awesome creations(also FIRST!!!)

BAI!

Nice I like the way you didn't attach the legs to the Scout Trooper so he actually looks like hes sitting :thumbup:

Far better then the official TLG speeders!

Very nice moc Brickdoctor :thumbup: THis is one of my favorite vehicles in star wars not to mention my favorite type of trooper, I love the way your's actually looks like it would have no problem moving very quickly un like TLG whos was very blocky.

You Moc alot don't you?

Is this the third Moc you post today?

No...I've been posting over the last few days; this is the only MOC I've posted today. I've been posting on MOCpages for over two years now, so I'm just selecting the best to post on EB every couple of days.

Nice job! What do the Aurebesh words say?

"Aratech 74-Z Military Speeder Bike"

No...I've been posting over the last few days; this is the only MOC I've posted today. I've been posting on MOCpages for over two years now, so I'm just selecting the best to post on EB every couple of days.

"Aratech 74-Z Military Speeder Bike"

Ah. Should've guessed that :tongue: .

Very nice moc Brickdoctor :thumbup: THis is one of my favorite vehicles in star wars not to mention my favorite type of trooper, I love the way your's actually looks like it would have no problem moving very quickly un like TLG whos was very blocky.

The Scout's one of my favorites, too.

AWESOME speeder bike 'Brickdoctor' :grin: - nice trim work - looks more movie like - AWESOME work again and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Another great MOC brickdoctor! Your version of the speeder bike is 100x better than the TLG one.

However, IMO, the positioning of the scout's legs just seem unnatural (in a LEGO-way) for me because the legs are noticeably detached from the body. I also noticed you used this technique in your AT-RT. But I fully understand your intention on why you did this, because it is really hard to get that "biker's leg position" in LEGO.

However, IMO, the positioning of the scout's legs just seem unnatural (in a LEGO-way) for me because the legs are noticeably detached from the body. I also noticed you used this technique in your AT-RT. But I fully understand your intention on why you did this, because it is really hard to get that "biker's leg position" in LEGO.

Yeah, opinions are mixed on that topic. Some like it, some don't. But in this model, the piece the legs go around connects the two halves, so if I used the minifig in the conventional way, he'd look like he was kneeling on top of a broken speeder. :tongue: