Hi, I am new here, but some of you may know my other creations from here: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=grohl666

I would like to introduce my last MOC to you. It is a 480mm long and 145mm wide model of speedboat. 2M motors for pretty fast movement and excellent maneuverability. Powered by LEGO rechargeable battery.

Video can be seen here:

00.jpg

boat.jpg

Edited by grohl

Very nice! The panels on the deck look like Mahogany wood like those in the fancy Century wooden speedboats from the 1950s! You used the 30215 "White Boat Hull Unitary 52 x 16 x 5, Base (Belville Set 5848)" piece well. If you ever go to The Netherlands, maybe you can race Mahjqa's boats! :tongue:

Edited by dluders

Looking very nice, and it seems to work pretty well. However, wouldn't you think putting less gears underwater might be better, to reduce some friction?

Looking very nice, and it seems to work pretty well. However, wouldn't you think putting less gears underwater might be better, to reduce some friction?

There are just two on each side. Definitely it would be better but not that small.

Now that is cool, I've seen some cool power functions before, but nothing like this.

Very cool, I liked the video too, so you can really see I in action.

Looks great!

Nice use of those Technic parts upside down!

And its great how it uses rechargeable batteries!

Altogether great MOC!

Thanks for all the kind words.

Yes, my goal was to achieve the appearance of a vintage speedboat like this.

Speed-boat-2008.jpg

The fisrt and the last time anything got wet was when testing the first version in my bath. The Battery box fell of and straight into the water. The good thing is, that it still works and the Ni-MH batteries also.