Sign in to follow this  
Fat Tony

Immolation- the end of Anakin Skywalker

WOW! Excellent work my friend! You really captured the 'volcanic atmosphere' in your vig, gotta love those orange and trans-orange peices for the lava effect. Just curious, did you use Photoshop for the 'glowing effect' of the lava? Really great job on the 'post-production'.

Taking Anakin's lightsaber, Obi-Wan laments the end of his best friend as he burns to death.

I think the man called Anakin Skywalker died long before this moment. Though I guess you could say that in this moment Anakin's appearance "died", destroying the last reminder of the person he once was. :sadnew:

You captured this epic moment very nicely. The lighting of your shots definitely adds to the atmosphere of it. But I can't help but feel that this is a bit empty for a medium entry. Perhaps you could have a droid or two hovering over the lava, or some flames coming up here and there.

Good luck, and may the force be with you.

This is a really good MOC.

Building things so it looks like fire is not easy at all.

I think you captured the scene very good!

Personally I am most impressed by the light effects you managed to create, these are just superb!

I can immediatly see what scene this represents, and it gives me the same feelings as watching it in the movie :thumbup: .

Well done, and thanks for sharing with us.

Wow, this is really really good.

The only thing I would change is the head on anakin, I would have used the burnt regular anakin head as opposed to the 20 year later, Vader head.

EDIT: On second thought, I'm not quite sure which head that is, after looking at the close-ups.

Great job!

Wow, this is really really good.

The only thing I would change is the head on anakin, I would have used the burnt regular anakin head as opposed to the 20 year later, Vader head.

EDIT: On second thought, I'm not quite sure which head that is, after looking at the close-ups.

Great job!

I think it's Bib Fortuna's head. That mean's Oky's right- it's not Anakin :laugh: !

But seriously- that's a real nice job.

The lightning of the moc makes it really epic, and you can immediatly see what scene this represents. :thumbup:

But without the light effects it looks a bit too empty, maybe if you add some sort of droid platform it looks better.

I think it's Bib Fortuna's head. That mean's Oky's right- it's not Anakin :laugh: !

I think you're right.

the Inventor

Thanks for the replies and input everybody.

The first picture is actually two pictures combined, one taken in normal light and the second one with UV light (makes the trans-orange glow). Then they're combined in Photoshop.

That is Bib Fortuna's head. I used it cause of his red eyes, like Anakin had as he was burning with hate, and fire.

I left the hover-platform out because it wasn't in the picture I referenced and I was going for accuracy. But if you all think it would add to the MOC I'll see about building one.

Wow! This is amazing!

Especially with the lightning.

But, did you put Anakin in the lava or just on the end of that hill?

Just asking because it seems the orange part is lava. If he's in the lava, then he should be just on the very end of the hill, else he would have burned away completely.

Great job on this, anyways! :classic:

~ General Magma

Edited by General Magma

Brilliant! The only thing i would change is to not use the clone wars minifigs. But the only reason i say that is because i really dont like the clone wars :laugh:

^^^ Wow that's even better, still finding ways to improve an already-stunning entry! Until now I am still amazed on the glowing-lava lighting effect. Staring at the pic makes me feel like I'm actually there in the scene (just like an IMAX movie)

Wow, I really like your Moc, it captures the scene

perfect!

To be honest I would like to see also a picture without any photoshop-editing and glowing effects in post-production.

So it would be fair for the competition, also for people without photo editing software.

But don't get me wrong. I think your entry is fantastic also without the effects!

Cheers and good luck!

To be honest I would like to see also a picture without any photoshop-editing and glowing effects in post-production.

So it would be fair for the competition, also for people without photo editing software.

I have to admit, this is my opinion, too. This is a lego building competition - no editing competition.

And it's a fact, that people, who have not that skill (or that software), might have a huge disadvantage.

But that does not mean, I don't like your MOC. You captured the scene really well. :classic:

Edited by Darth Lion

^^^ Wow that's even better, still finding ways to improve an already-stunning entry! Until now I am still amazed on the glowing-lava lighting effect. Staring at the pic makes me feel like I'm actually there in the scene (just like an IMAX movie)

Thanks so much!

Wow, I really like your Moc, it captures the scene

perfect!

But don't get me wrong. I think your entry is fantastic also without the effects!

Cheers and good luck!

I have to admit, this is my opinion, too. This is a lego building competition - no editing competition.

And it's a fact, that people, who have not that skill (or that software), might have a huge disadvantage.

But that does not mean, I don't like your MOC. You captured the scene really well. :classic:

There seems to be some confusion, the glow effects aren't added in Photoshop. That glow is there when I photograph the model.

I only used Photoshop to achieve what a traditional film camera could do called a double-exposure, where one picture is taken and then

without advancing the film a second picture is taken. Since that isn't possible with my digital camera I used Photoshop to combine two photos,

one with the lights on and one with just the UV light.

Here is a picture with the lights on and unedited (other than resized): MOCPages

Okay, now I have to get back to work on another entry!

Amazing , I will not even try and compete against this , But i will enter one or two categories just for fun. Very nicely done , Bravo