Brickdoctor

[MOC] Micro Venator-class Star Destroyer

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Well, I'm new here, but I think I've been around forums long enough to know how this works. I'd appreciate tips on everything I'm doing wrong. For some reason, my Internet browser (Safari) won't let my paste a copied URL into the 'Insert Image' dialogue box, so I don't know if it will display properly :hmpf_bad: .

1266191700m_DISPLAY.jpg

This MOC has been one of my ongoing projects on MOCpages; I've already gone through three renditions. It includes opening dorsal hanger bay doors, independently posable turbolasers, and the option of full suspension :cry_happy: ; to name the major points of interest.

Finished February 2010; see more on MOCpages.

AWESOME MOC 'Brickdoctor' - plenty of detail with trim and weapons too ! :grin:

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Nicely done 'brickdoctor'! :thumbup: For such a small-scaled ship you managed to put a lot of details, I simply love all the greebling effects. Maybe you could make a few of these to make a whole fleet. Great job once again and welcome to EB!

Micro? If this is mini-scaled, how can this be micro-scale? Looks more like Midi to me.

Anyway, nice model with great detail! But I'm not really buying the whole "suspense" thing. :tongue:

Wow. Way to introduce yourself! Great detail, and the shape is perfect :thumbup:

Thanks, everyone. :classic:

Why cant TLG make stuff this good???

Don't know if you've read the LEGO Star Wars Visual Dictionary, but it does mention stability as a factor in official LEGO models. This thing has more illegal connections than I can count, and the only reason it's survived so long is that the suspension prevents the top half from crushing the bottom half.

Micro? If this is mini-scaled, how can this be micro-scale? Looks more like Midi to me.

Anyway, nice model with great detail! But I'm not really buying the whole "suspense" thing. :tongue:

"Micro-scale" simply refers to a model smaller than mini-scale. Mini-scale is approximately 1:200. For comparison, I like to use minifig hands as the height of a mini-scale person. I remember this model as being smaller than 1:900, but I don't remember the exact number.

Love it - superb !

Have you produced a set of building instructions ?

Never have, probably never will....

This is as good as the 120$ minifig version.

It looks spot on!

Very, very cool, nice job. And what is TLG? (New nerd......):D

The LEGO Group

And this is a fantastic MOC, I would so buy it if it was a real set!

I thought the Midi Falcon was awesome.

Eh, only if you're pressed for money and space. I really thought the stacked plates design of the Midi-Falcon was fairly unimpressive. TLG's greatest SW set, IMO, was the Mindstorms Droid Developer Kit. Really, how can you beat a robotic LEGO R2-D2? (the sequel, Dark Side Developer Kit, also had the first walking AT-AT, among other things :wub: )

Wowza... GIMME GIMME :cry_happy:

pleaaaaaaaassseeeeeeeee

Seriously, this is a great Moc, you should be proud(you probably are, aren't you?).

Cheers.

By- Banana-phone.

Seriously, this is a great Moc, you should be proud(you probably are, aren't you?).

Pride is a step towards the Dark Side.... :yoda:

Maybe that's why Sith are so much cooler than Jedi! :tongue::vader::devil:

Pride is a step towards the Dark Side.... :yoda:

Maybe that's why Sith are so much cooler than Jedi! :tongue::vader::devil:

... may I say ROFL or is that cliché?

I mean this is absolutely awesome... because only a sith deals an absolute no?

But really, this kicks... cans?

Cheers, and I promess not o start more conversations that deviate from the topic(if I can), even thought his is probably the best Moc this size, it's like the midi scale millennium falcon... except it looks good...=D

Hasta La Vista.

thought his is probably the best Moc this size, it's like the midi scale millennium falcon... except it looks good...=D

:laugh: