Superkalle

LDD Design Contest Discussion thread

I mean, if all LDD MOCs are going to be kept inside this forum, why not the contest entries?

This LDD forum will not be used to post MOCs, those belong in the most relevant theme forums (inline with the Eurobricks structure). This place will be for all LDD discussions except posting MOCs (note: a recreation of an existing set in LDD is not seen as a MOC by our definition). LDD MOCs are digital, but still they are MOCs, so to be treated as such and to be posted in the most matching them forum.

This LDD forum will not be used to post MOCs, those belong in the most relevant theme forums (inline with the Eurobricks structure). This place will be for all LDD discussions except MOCs (note: a recreation of an existing set in LDD is not seen as a MOC by our definition). LDD MOCs are digital, but still they are MOCs, so to be treated as such.

I did a steampunk moc wip thread that was moved here instead of to the sci-fi forum.

I did a steampunk moc wip thread that was moved here instead of to the sci-fi forum.

I should have said finished MOCs go into the theme forums. WIP LDD MOCs can be posted here if the you want specific help of idea's related with the LDD program, as long as the final version goes into the themes.

I see an entry thread has appeared in the Pirate Forum.

If somebody had given us the heads up we could have factored this into Classic-Pirates.com news schedule and provided additonal exposure. However, we're days away from launching the Tournament of Retribution II and promoting two contests in days of each other may not be the best approach.

How do I check how many pieces are in my MOC? I have a MOC I want to enter but right now I'm not sure if it exceeds the 2500 limit.

Also, Can I post 3 pictures instead of two? (One of the exterior, one of the second floor, and one of the first floor.)

Is there an easy way in LDD to show the total piece count of a model?

I had to download LDD Manager to do that :sceptic:

How do I check how many pieces are in my MOC? I have a MOC I want to enter but right now I'm not sure if it exceeds the 2500 limit.

Also, Can I post 3 pictures instead of two? (One of the exterior, one of the second floor, and one of the first floor.)

Well, this contest seems great! :grin:

It's been a while since I built something in LDD (last time was about Christmas when I designed and then bought my father a mini-land scale guitar and amplifier - he loves it! :laugh:)

Consider me entered!

~A.S.

That sounds like a great contest! :thumbup:

Hopefully I've got some time to build an entry since I'm very busy at the moment.

I've got one question:

May I use bricks or colors of bricks which TLG produced in the past but doesn't produce anymore (e. g. a canoe or a white hair piece)?

Klaus-Dieter

Is there an easy way in LDD to show the total piece count of a model?

EDIT: There are two methods.

1) Generate HTML building guide (thanks Zblj)

2) Use LDD Manager. Just import the LXF file and it will show you the piece count.

And please not that if you are using minifigs in MOC, they are not included in the 2500 brick limit. This means that the MOC can be 2500 bricks and ontop of that you can use up to 50 complete minifigs.

May I use bricks or colors of bricks which TLG produced in the past but doesn't produce anymore (e. g. a canoe or a white hair piece)?

If TLG has produced that exact hair piece in white color, than you can use it. In other words, basically you need to be able to find/buy any piece you use in your MOC at BrickLink. The reason for this is that even thought LDD is used for the design process, we still want to promote that you should be able to build any MOC entered with physical bricks.

I thought entries were going to be the lxf files, not screen captures... Any lxf seen by judges will be in their raw visual state.

1) In class "Only LDD" you must enter both "screenshots" and LXF-file. With screenshot is mean either a straight screenshots, or you can use "Toolbox > Take Screenshot" in LDD. The reason you must enter LXF is to promote sharing of model designs, and also to allow other users to inspect your MOC in a way that cannot be done with physcial bricks, i.e. we want to use LDD to expand the way we see and review MOCs

2) In class "LDD + Physical" you naturally must enter both screenshots and photos. But in this class you do NOT have to send in the LXF-file (if you don't want to). We don't want to push for this in this class, since building the physcial MOC is actually a way to verify the stability and looks of the model.

Yes, the rules has been updated to accomodate this. Up to three images are now allowed.

Great contest, I have already started work on mine. The only thing that bugs me is that LDD cant scroll sideways so your model must be central.

Great contest, I have already started work on mine. The only thing that bugs me is that LDD cant scroll sideways so your model must be central.

Shift+ Right Click will do what you want.

Shift+ Right Click will do what you want.

Thankyou so much, I have spent so long wishing I could do this in LDD, now my entry will be even better

I will give you a hint to what I am doing, I am using the two games below as my main referance:

LOTR%20THE%20THIRD%20AGE%20PS2.jpg

lotr.jpg

Is there no binding about use or not use (like I do) of LU-mode? I want to use only previous mode (DbM or MIndstorm or Creator).

Quick question,I'm building on 5 baseplates,but only because I could not get a 48x48.Could they count as one piece?

Yes, it's OK

Is there no binding about use or not use (like I do) of LU-mode? I want to use only previous mode (DbM or MIndstorm or Creator).

Sorry, I don't fully understand what you mean. You can use LU mode, or DbM, or Creator or whatever mode you want. But in LU mode you have everything in the other modes, so why not use that?

Oh thank you!Also,could I post the MOC I am building for the contest in its own thread as a WIP?When I am done I will post it in the contest.Thanks in advance.

Regarding WIP, I strongly advice against posting them. It's a competition, and all WIP should be kept a secret at until you are ready to submit your final entry.

Final entries should be posted in the Entry Topic (one in each theme).

Regarding WIP, I strongly advice against posting them. It's a competition, and all WIP should be kept a secret at until you are ready to submit your final entry.

Final entries should be posted in the Entry Topic (one in each theme).

Okay (not ok-ey) dokey then, I'll wait and see the competition before I enter :devil:

Okay (not ok-ey) dokey then, I'll wait and see the competition before I enter :devil:

You can do that, no problem. But my thinking is that what's the purpose of posting a WIP? I mean, if you get get critic from others and then decide to fine tune your MOC based on that, then is it really 100% your own MOC anymore?

A contest is a contest. Do your best, don't cheat, and may the best person win. :classic:

Ill enter in but i am not sure can i finish my entry before the ending date, (i afraid not) couse my LDD what im currently buuilding has alredy 1206 pieces and it isnt nearly even finished.

So im busy, very very busy but if we had even a month time then maby ill get it don but otherly i cant get it finished, good luck to all for the contest

PS: Does LDD Universe mode really have the all parts? couse i cant even install the Universe mode (my PC has something against it)

Captain Becker

Ill enter in but i am not sure can i finish my entry before the ending date, (i afraid not) couse my LDD what im currently buuilding has alredy 1206 pieces and it isnt nearly even finished.

So im busy, very very busy but if we had even a month time then maby ill get it don but otherly i cant get it finished, good luck to all for the contest

Hey, you did see that the contest ends 18 JULY, so you should have plenty of time!