Sign in to follow this  
Jjsthekid

REVIEW: 8864 Desert of Destruction

Thanks for the review. I think the truck is very nice and fits the road warrior feel of the theme.

I too think it would be nice to see the blasters pit stop. I have a few ideas what it could look like too.

Nice review, with just enough pics. I found truck's trailer disturbing, since it looks ugly. All those bionicle/technic bricks just dont look right there. it would be much better if they'd use SYSTEM bricks, with technic only for joints/hinges. But nontheless its nice theme(i didnt even knew that it exist), especialy lime green/white buggy which look just right for some post apoc (with proper modifications of course)theme.

Found one of these still on the shelf at a more rural TRU last week and treated myself. While I never had much interest in the World Racers line I really am a sucker for the huge overblown super trucks like the EDF HQ and the Agents Mobile HQ. This is a nice set with some impressive features (well except for the wildly out of place Bionacle/Technics cannon marble shooter thingy on the Blasters truck. But that's easily removed). The green buggy is awesome, and the red truck is a sweet little 4x4 excepting the gun.

What really blew my mind, and something I hadn't seen mentioned yet. The helmets on the green team drivers aren't normal race helmets. They are the newer "Space" style helmets from the CMF Spaceman, Galaxy Girl and the Alien Conquest ADU figs. But these are in grey with the really cool custom printing on them. :cry_happy:

Found one of these still on the shelf at a more rural TRU last week and treated myself. While I never had much interest in the World Racers line I really am a sucker for the huge overblown super trucks like the EDF HQ and the Agents Mobile HQ. This is a nice set with some impressive features (well except for the wildly out of place Bionacle/Technics cannon marble shooter thingy on the Blasters truck. But that's easily removed). The green buggy is awesome, and the red truck is a sweet little 4x4 excepting the gun.

Ya, I've seen this set at a few Toys'R'Us locations recently but I've passed on it. I wish I wasn't in my first Dark Ages when this was at Walmart on clearance. :cry_sad: