KimT

Epic Scenes Contest Rules & Discussion

Maybe they're saving all those awesome ideas for a later time.

May we do a spin on a movie scene, not something that is explicitly depicted in the movies?

Anything goes - as long as it is Star Wars.

Even the ever spoken about "Death of Ashoka" can be entered.

And yes all scales are allowed.

Build micro, build mini, build midi, build system, build UCS or build out of scale - it's all good.

It appears so :tongue: .

God, I fear what AC will enter!

Yeah, this contest is just his cup of tea! :laugh:

Yes! Thank you, this is great; better start building. :sweet:

EDIT: Yeah, maybe we should have some "No ACPin Allowed Contests". :tongue:

Edited by Spyder

EDIT: Yeah, maybe we should have some "No ACPin Allowed Contests". :tongue:

I think I could beat ACPin (who am I kidding?!?!), oh well, it's just a friendly competition to see some great scenes. I look forward to seeing some of the entries as I have already started on my own, though I am pressed for time due to exams and such. I'll start 16x16 and go from there :sceptic: .

Thanks again to KimT and others who were involved for hosting the contest, may I ask if it was inspired from the flood of awesome scenes recreated by ACPin?

Yeah, I'm going for a 16x16. I know AC will go for the biggest one, but what is there that he hasn't done yet?

Anyways, Oky, you also seem to be in the top spots of these contests here yourself :classic: .

I am so entering this, i havent made a SW moc for several months

Maybe ill do the scene where Grand Admiral Thrawn and C'Baoth meet.

Edited by Admiral Ron

Yeah, maybe we should have some "No ACPin Allowed Contests". :tongue:

Now why would we do that? If anything, ACPin's creations should make you want to work even harder!

KimT, wyou always do a great job us bringing us great contets. My interest in Star Wars has been a little below average recently, but I'm thinking I'll try to hit both the small and medium catorgory (time permitting, of course). Looks like fun! I've already got ideas!

Awesome! Sounds like a great comp here. I'll hopefully get a chance to enter at least one of them :classic:

Cheers for another contest :thumbup:

What! No extra large scale? :grin:

AC

If you want to, then go ahead and ultra scale :laugh:

Who's moaning? :tongue: I'm just saying that after all the contest ideas I have proposed, this contest has a surprising lack of "new twist". Not that that's a bad thing though. :wink:

I'll leave the "twisting" to you :wink:

May we do a spin on a movie scene, not something that is explicitly depicted in the movies?

Yes, the rule only state that you have to do a Star Wars scene...

And I can't see why a spin on a movie scene wouldn't be a scene, if EU and TFU are considered "in" then so is this.

I think I could beat ACPin (who am I kidding?!?!), oh well, it's just a friendly competition to see some great scenes. I look forward to seeing some of the entries as I have already started on my own, though I am pressed for time due to exams and such. I'll start 16x16 and go from there :sceptic: .

Thanks again to KimT and others who were involved for hosting the contest, may I ask if it was inspired from the flood of awesome scenes recreated by ACPin?

Remember there's 3 categories and 3 prizes in each category plus a few special things we're still cooking.

So there should be plenty of prizes to win.

And no, we weren't inspired by ACPin's rush of dioramas - good as they are.

The idea was to allow you guys ro recreate Star Wars scenes and do it your way.

Which means no limit on parts, scale or vertical size.

The only limitations are as stated in the rules.

No clone parts.

3 categorial sizes to enter in.

Must be Star Wars themed.

and that's about it.

So "Free Your Mind" and get down to some serious MOC'ing.

I'd love to see a mini-scaled space battle on a 48x48 baseplate or a midi-scale Gungan Sub fleeing from a giant fish mouth.

Stuff like that and the usual minifig-scaled dioramas.

Only your imagination is the limitation in this contest.

Aww dang, it's June 2 in Poland! Would it be possible to bend the rules and let me join for a 16x16 vig? Just once?

Rules were meant to be broken.

Which rules? You joined in January last year, so I'm sure you wont have a problem. :tongue:

Aww dang, it's June 2 in Poland! Would it be possible to bend the rules and let me join for a 16x16 vig? Just once?

Rules were meant to be broken.

Which rules? You joined in January last year, so I'm sure you wont have a problem. :tongue:

Exactly.

You misunderstood it Raphy.

It's your member join date and not the date for entering the contest.

May I ask, what's this contest specifically on?

Is it a creation of an actual scene from something star wars related that can made on the provided base sizes?

Sounds like an exciting contest.

One Q: Do you expect that our entries are a more or less exact replication of an epic scene or is it possible to be creative. Example:

Epic Scene: Defense of Echo Base - Entranched rebel soldiers fight against AT-AT etc.

Contest Scene: Inner defense of the Echo Base - Gunfights in the Base (not shown in the movie, but quit possible)

Best Regards...

JanSued

Edited by jansued

Of course, that sounds like a very reasonable idea.

I wouldn't put too much stress on "epic" if I was to build something.

I might consider building the Robot Chicken scene where Leia and Luke ends up in bed together.

"This is sooo wrong!!"

:laugh:

But since this is a contest, then it's also a question of what people would vote for or not.

I'm definatly doing the largest- I won't give away details yet, but I am doing a scene from Fate of the Jedi: Outcast...

I might even enter, if I can think of a good scene and actually build it. Will probably go for the smallest category, but still, worth a try nonetheless...

Is there any restriction on the scale, do the entries have to be minifig scale or is microscale permitted?

This sounds as though it can depict any scene or even currently existing in the SW universe (films, animation, comics, novels, etc). Or can original scenes be used?

Also, are all scales allowed?

TPM

Anything goes - as long as it is Star Wars.

Even the ever spoken about "Death of Ashoka" can be entered.

And yes all scales are allowed.

Build micro, build mini, build midi, build system, build UCS or build out of scale - it's all good.

I might even enter, if I can think of a good scene and actually build it. Will probably go for the smallest category, but still, worth a try nonetheless...

Is there any restriction on the scale, do the entries have to be minifig scale or is microscale permitted?

Ahem! :grin: