Sign in to follow this  
Superkalle

Preview LXF-thumbnails, how?

Some time ago I browsed my folder full with LXF-file, and instead of seeing that LXF-file icon (with the Blue brick), I could see the small thumbnail image of the actual model. It's just that now I can't remember how I did that, or even if it was something native in Windows XP/7 or if it was some image browsing software I used. Anyone knows how to do it?

I did this before too, but I don't know how :wacko:

Sorry Prateek, and I mean this in the best intentions: but could you please only post if you have something to add to the discussion.

He confirmed that preview was real and not your immagination, it's something I think! :tongue:

I think it is possible that old LDD versions provide an explorer plugin able to create the preview.

It is possible too that old lxf format include a little gif preview inside it, that could be read from explorer's thumbnail function.

Can anyone install LDD v1 to check?

He confirmed that preview was real and not your immagination, it's something I think! :tongue:

I guess you're right. Sorry to Prateek in that case. It's just that sometimes it really gets to me with those "I don't know", "I think so", "Maybe" etc.

On to the question at hand. No, this was in the past 2 months, so it must have been 3.1.

I mean, it should be possible. A LXF is just a zip-file that contains a PNG, that can easily be pre-viewed.