Rate this Minifig/set!  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Vote your opinion!

• Poor
    • Below average
    • Average
    • Above average
    • Outstanding

I'm sorry to say, but LEGO shouldn't have even tried on this one :thumbdown: . First, no new weapon mould :sceptic: ! Second, no incredibly interesting peices here :sadnew: . And third, low availability, give away junk, don't sell it :cry_sad: ! Thankyou Copmike for this review though! :thumbup:

Thanks so much for the review CopMike! & thanks for showing the whole family together. This is another must get for me if at all possible. Would have been nice with the CC Boba markings but I still want one!

So, you're saying if someone buys 8097, the white Boba Fett in included in the set or randomly packed or?
No. I´m saying when you buy a 8097, you´re given the polybag in the left or right hand or it´s put in the bag :hmpf_bad: .

Imho pure white for this minifig isn't good. It looks like a china toy. And why they had used black head again. We all know that all clones are the same. But i still don't know why lego uses blank black heads for them. All new clones are with faces. It seems that the best Boba Fett minifigure for me is from 8097.

Great comparisons photos. I think it wasn't too easy to get all clan together :)

I'm very pleased I held off buying the new Slave 1 from Amazon.fr a few weeks ago if indeed this polybag is being given away at the same time as a purchase. Now we just need to know where it is being given away.

It would make a lot of sense for this to be given away with purchases of 8097; I wonder if this will only be the case if it's bought from a LEGO brand store or shop@home, however, rather than from another store (i.e. a LEGO exclusive). With the kind of discounts being offered on some sets by Amazon etc., it'd be a good way to ensure that LEGO fans buy 8097 direct from LEGO at an undiscounted price..... I'd certainly pay the full RRP to get this 'giveaway'.

Edited by drdavewatford

Would have prefered an ARF Clone in Camo. A trans blue Obi-Wan. Mara Jade Skywalker. Leia in Stormtrooper disguise. Anything. But a white Boba feels like getting rid of old minifig parts more than something "exclusive".

So they give away the white boba with a purchase a slave 1? Is that for all stores?

Or only LEGO stores? Or only TRU?

Edited by Macoco

Let it go people.

This polybag is going to surface all over the world at different events and stuff like that.

This one was acquired by buying a Slave1 in a toy store in Sweden.

Let's stick with discussing the minifig - we've got no intel on how why and when it'll be available in other places.

:classic:

Thank you very much for this great review, CopMike! :classic:

I voted for

Below Average

since I really do not understand what's that brilliant about this minifig:

1. The colors (only white-black) make looking it really boring.

2. Why did TLG use the old rucket backpack since there is a newer coming out this year which even offers the possibility that there can be added an antenna to the helmet?!

If I really would get this minifigs as a gift when buying the Slave 1, I surely would not say no.

But I surely won't buy the minifig extra - and if I get the Slave 1 in a regular toy shop cheaper than on S@H I prefer to pay less money for it than getting that minifig.

Klaus-Dieter

Its cool that you get this fig free with the slave 1, how much is the slave 1 going to be? It wont be out in the uk til august :(

I attended the very same event CopMike is talking about (yes, as one of the AFOLs from swebrick). It was great to receive the White Boba but I do admit it looks quite boring. I'm more curious about why a white Boba Fett was made in the first place. Seems more like a test of the mold than anything else.

I think this fig offers a lot of oppurtunities for someone who wants to create and customise their own Mandie character. I also noticed that in pre-production for ESB, Boba was originally in completely white armour, so it's like paying homage in a way! :wub:

With more than 30000 being made, then I am sure we'll see this fig at several future events and happenings much like the one in Sweden.

With more than 30000 being made, then I am sure we'll see this fig at several future events and happenings much like the one in Sweden.

This is great news for us average Joe's, and makes me laugh at the people who spent like $500 on the ones a few months ago.

This is great news for us average Joe's, and makes me laugh at the people who spent like $500 on the ones a few months ago.

... why laugh at people that buy these kind of figs - like me - and hope they have something special...

I'm fairly sure noone laughs at those of us that bought the Chrome C3P0 for a load of dollars.

We still have no official statement on how many of these have been made.

I've just heard in the vicinity of 30000, but that's actually not that many considering how large this planet is :grin:

I'm fairly sure noone laughs at those of us that bought the Chrome C3P0 for a load of dollars.

We still have no official statement on how many of these have been made.

I've just heard in the vicinity of 30000, but that's actually not that many considering how large this planet is :grin:

It seems that people from Denmark started to find some according to Bricklink... :wink:

White Bobba...from Denmark Not Sure I think I know the guy who own the store!

So I think that the hunt is just starting and it reminds me a Darth Vader chrome story with a first release in Sweden...

Concerning the minifig...I want it even if I consider it as not so special, and quite cheap. I love the idea of a transblue ghost obiwan that someone suggested above.

Cheers

So I think that the hunt is just starting and it reminds me a Darth Vader chrome story with a first release in Sweden...

:thumbup: exactly...

This white Boba Fett is far less interesting compared to the Chromed C3-POs and Darth Vader from the previous years. So an average rating is fair enough.

Edited by KielDaMan

Not the greatest of ideas, but I have a hunch these will make an appearance at LEGO Star Wars Weekend. [at LEGOLAND California] Last year, they gave away the Chrome Darth Vaders for trivia contest winners, the year before some winners got a Chrome C-3PO. :wub:

The answer is really simple, its a promo like the crome darth vader, but for the 2010 summersets, i ( think) its only in EU. If u dont believe me watch this video: