Sign in to follow this  
echobasehoth

Q:Boba Fett green helmet

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

just spotted a guy selling a Boba Fett helmet, the helmet has no prints at all, so its all green. has anyone seen any of that kind before??

Could you give us a link please? I would like to see this :classic:

I've seen this before. I think it's just a misprint (unprint maybe?)

Surely he's just scratched off the markings....?

- Tilius

my thoughts as well, but looks nice with no scratch marks, could it be possible to use somekind og thinner to remover the prints??

Edited by echobasehoth

my thoughts as well, but looks nice with no scratch marks, could it be possible to use somekind og thinner to remover the prints??

Yes, much easier than getting an "unprint"

And mind providing a link?

Have never seen a green only helmet-jetpack combo but I have seen a pearl? grey Jango Fett helmet on Bricklink. I wonder if both were made that way purposefully? P.S. how cool would it be if there were unmarked Boba helmets that popped up along with the release of the new summer sets!?! (Slave 1 of course!)

An unknown number of both the Boba and Jango combo helmets exist in unprinted form. I have a couple.

The same is true for unprinted rebel pilot, stormtrooper, clonetrooper and shadowtrooper helmets.

There are many parts out there that one doesn't find listed in an official parts list. :wink:

It's very easy to remove printing from lego - Brasso and a bit of elbow grease :)

Kaitan

There are also a lot of custom molded Boba / Jango Fett helmets out there including the colors green, pearl grey and white, but also other colors.

And Brasso is always an easy option to make plain 'unprinted' helmets. Don't be fooled into paying too much for any of these, when they are in fact probably worth less than the printed version.

I can not see what people think when removing the original paint from these helmets. Boba Fett sells for £10 here in the Uk on ebay, the only thing i can think of is if it was in a loose lot of lego so its a spare and they are trying to make it worth something :sceptic:

Thanks Shadows I had been wondering about that for awhile now. By any chance do you know how/why this is done and how they get released into the world? Or is it a "if you tell me you have to kill" sort of thing! :tongue:

Thanks Shadows I had been wondering about that for awhile now. By any chance do you know how/why this is done and how they get released into the world? Or is it a "if you tell me you have to kill" sort of thing! :tongue:

It's a combination of things. The older ones come into the world the same way that any unprinted or uncoated (imagine the Indy Idol without gold) piece does, they were sitting in a bin at TLG and someone said, "we don't need those, but we need more room, so sell them to someone" and off they go to a Pick a Brick somewhere (usually Germany). Lots of amazing stuff ends up in places like that, so if you're on holiday, stop in and check!

The more recent ones you see, especially in blue and yellow and oddball colours, are largely fakes, I believe. I can't prove that, but I know that there is no reason for so many random colours to be appearing at this late stage. If it was early on, you might find a red test part, but prior to this recent appearance of odd colours, there were never any red ones around either. That makes me very suspicious, especially on a part that has been phased out/replaced. If someone has some and wants to provide a sample, I'd be happy to compare it to the various real varieties out there.

As you may or may not know (but will), I collect rare parts in rare colours, especially things that don't appear in any set. Click the "Museum of the Absurd" link in my sig for details. One day, I plan to display the parts I've collected through the kind generousity of members just like ... YOU. *points at somebody in the 3rd row who has a pink trashcan or a black lamp post* :grin:

heres a picture the seller also has an unprinted clone trooper helmet. are these helmets worth anything at all?? i cant descide to place a bid or not.

608683444_Big.jpg

608682994_Big.jpg

Bah!

Just brasso it yourself :grin: