@PerryMakes

Your gallery on BrickShelf is not public still.

You should deeplink the images to allow us to see that.

The brickshelf folder is not public yet, so the pics won't show :look:

(EDIT: Noticed Calabars post now)

About 64bit office you're right - it won't open 32 bit Access-files (which LDD Manager is). Microsoft has gotten quite a few complaints about this. Your best bet is to install 32 bit office (or install the 32 bit runtime). If LDD Manager still won't start, try to use the File>Open within the runtime (just to avoid any risk of faulty file type associations).

And about runtime, you're right. It's just that Access is such an incredibly fast developent environment for these kind of database driven apps, so it just became what it became. I whish there was some way to quickly port and Access app to VB.net or so.

Done.

By the way - I wasn't really saying that Access/Office was a poor development platform. I agree completely that it's very good at what it's good at (ummmmmmm... yeah). I will often times create a RAD prototype using the Office suite before expanding it in a more robust, full-featured environment (C#/VB.NET, C/C++, Python, Ruby, etc...) after procuring funding commitments from the customer. Having something tangible for the customer to see and interact with does wonders for that process! I'm just wondering why you've stuck with version 2003, which at this point is two versions old.

Done.

By the way - I wasn't really saying that Access/Office was a poor development platform. I agree completely that it's very good at what it's good at (ummmmmmm... yeah). I will often times create a RAD prototype using the Office suite before expanding it in a more robust, full-featured environment (C#/VB.NET, C/C++, Python, Ruby, etc...) after procuring funding commitments from the customer. Having something tangible for the customer to see and interact with does wonders for that process! I'm just wondering why you've stuck with version 2003, which at this point is two versions old.

Good points.

About your last question; 2007 and 2010 reads 2003 databases fine, and since some people haven't still updated from 2003 I decided to stay with 2003 (and besides, I didn't any of the fancy new features in 2007 or 2010 :tongue: ). Also, the 2003 runtime is the last runtime that is readily available and easy to install as a separate SW (at least from what I recall).

And to be very, very honest - Access 2003 is what I know best, and I simply haven't had the time to look into the upgrade process :blush:

Version 0.98 of LDD Manager released today. The main update is off course support for the new bricks in 4.1.8 and also updated database info for BrickLink data. Some other small fixes too, but nothing big.

As usuall you find it here

Enjoy.

@ Superkalle: I just downloaded LDD Manager 0.98, and everything works fine. Thanks for this useful update.

P.S. Do you foresee a time when your LDD Manager will be incorporated into some future version of LDD? Has TLG expressed interest in making it part of their software? I am wondering whether your version numbering system is leading up to an "official release" of LDD Manager 1.0 someday.... :look:

@ Superkalle: I just downloaded LDD Manager 0.98, and everything works fine. Thanks for this useful update.

P.S. Do you foresee a time when your LDD Manager will be incorporated into some future version of LDD? Has TLG expressed interest in making it part of their software? I am wondering whether your version numbering system is leading up to an "official release" of LDD Manager 1.0 someday.... :look:

Thanks for the kinds words David. I really appreciate it.

And about the version numbering. Funny you should ask because I'm myself wondering why I'm having this system. I mean, when will I ever reach 1.0. :laugh:

And no, unfortunately TLG have not shown any interest, so my hopes of earning the big bucks (like when YouTube was sold) seems distant. But they do know about it, which I guess is kind of cool.

The latest version is good, but some parts' categories need to be revised. First place I noticed this is part 2587, which is still marked as being in the Question Mark category despite that no longer existing.

The color reference also needs to be updated, specifically to add the Bricklink colors Dark Azure and Light Aqua (which correspond to 321 Dark Azur and 323 Aqua, respectively).

The latest version is good, but some parts' categories need to be revised. First place I noticed this is part 2587, which is still marked as being in the Question Mark category despite that no longer existing.

The color reference also needs to be updated, specifically to add the Bricklink colors Dark Azure and Light Aqua (which correspond to 321 Dark Azur and 323 Aqua, respectively).

I'll look into the categories.

But I'm not sure I understand what you mean about the colors. Where are they missing?

I'll look into the categories.

But I'm not sure I understand what you mean about the colors. Where are they missing?

Never mind; I was looking in the wrong columns! :blush: What the color reference is missing, though, is the "color type" field for these two colors. They should both be listed as "solid".

I'm actually having trouble with the latest release. The feature that launches LDD from within LDD Manager works great for me in the previous version, but this latest just spits out MessageBox after MessageBox with errors. Is this feature working for others? Maybe it's related to my environment ... if nobody else is having trouble with this, I'll post some more specifics, including screenshots.

Perry

I'm actually having trouble with the latest release. The feature that launches LDD from within LDD Manager works great for me in the previous version, but this latest just spits out MessageBox after MessageBox with errors. Is this feature working for others? Maybe it's related to my environment ... if nobody else is having trouble with this, I'll post some more specifics, including screenshots.

Perry

Please post whatever you got. I need all the help I can get to find bugs :classic:

To be honest though, I haven't made any changes to this feature, but stuff happens :blush:

Please post whatever you got. I need all the help I can get to find bugs :classic:

To be honest though, I haven't made any changes to this feature, but stuff happens :blush:

I tried to launch LDD from within LDD Manager's Import interface by clicking the "Open selected model in LDD" button. Nothing came up at all. :shrug_confused: However, I can open a model by double-clicking its name in the import list. :shrug_oh_well: Here's my specs:

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit (Service Pack 1)

CPU: 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Quad CPU

RAM: 4 GB

GPU processor: GeForce GTS 250

Access 2007

LDD Version: 4.1.8 (Brick version 434)

-Toa Of Justice

Edited by Toa_Of_Justice

I tried to launch LDD from within LDD Manager's Import interface by clicking the "Open selected model in LDD" button. Nothing came up at all. :shrug_confused: However, I can open a model by double-clicking its name in the import list. :shrug_oh_well: Here's my specs:

Thanks for pointing it out. Found the error!

Thanks for pointing it out. Found the error!

Might be a moot point to post these if you've already identified the error ... but I guess it couldn't hurt.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/PerryMakes/LDDManagerProblems/lddm001.png

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/PerryMakes/LDDManagerProblems/lddm002.png

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/PerryMakes/LDDManagerProblems/lddm003.png

Thanks for the screenshots becuase this seems to be another problem. I initially thought it was when it tries to launch LDD from the main windows (where you have all the models and model content).

I'll look into it, but since I haven't heard anyone else having the problem, I'm wondering if its not a system environment problem related to LDD Manager.

Thanks for the screenshots becuase this seems to be another problem. I initially thought it was when it tries to launch LDD from the main windows (where you have all the models and model content).

I'll look into it, but since I haven't heard anyone else having the problem, I'm wondering if its not a system environment problem related to LDD Manager.

I've got to run out for a couple hours - but when I get back, I'll post a comprehensive system spec.

This looks like an awesome program! When I try to 'export entire plan to excel' though I get the error "Error:1004 - Paste method of Worksheet class failed". Any suggestions?

This looks like an awesome program! When I try to 'export entire plan to excel' though I get the error "Error:1004 - Paste method of Worksheet class failed". Any suggestions?

I'll look into that. Thanks for pointing it out. Question though: Do you have MS Excel installed on your computer.

In any ase there is a super simple workaround. Just select the entire sheet (in LDD Manager). Simplest is to clikc the small grey square that is formed in the top left corner. That should select the entire sheet. Then copy (Ctrl-C) and paste into Excel.

hmm,

got following error. "Database is created in 32-bit Access. Open this database with 32-bit access"

I know the problem : I have windows 64bit and also office in 64bit.

Can you upload a 64bit version?I will try it with an 32-bit version of Open Office and let you know

hmm,

got following error. "Database is created in 32-bit Access. Open this database with 32-bit access"

I know the problem : I have windows 64bit and also office in 64bit.

Can you upload a 64bit version?I will try it with an 32-bit version of Open Office and let you know

Hi

Yes, I'll have a look at compiling in 64-bit office. Give me a couple of days to try it and I'll give you an answer.

Hi

Yes, I'll have a look at compiling in 64-bit office. Give me a couple of days to try it and I'll give you an answer.

thx for the fast answer.

I tested it in Open Office, and I can open every tabel, I can find the cross-references, but I can't find the start form. So for me is Open Office a dead end, and I'm glad to see you wanna give it a try in 64bit

thx for the fast answer.

I tested it in Open Office, and I can open every tabel, I can find the cross-references, but I can't find the start form. So for me is Open Office a dead end, and I'm glad to see you wanna give it a try in 64bit

To be honest though, it seems the 64 version of office is not something that MS recommends.

By default, Microsoft Office 2010 installs the 32-bit version of Office 2010 even if your computer is running 64-bit editions of Windows. The 32-bit version of Office 2010 is the recommended option for most people, because it prevents potential compatibility issues with other 32-bit applications, specifically third-party add-ins that are available only for 32-bit operating systems.

You can also read more here about the shortcoming of 64-bit office and here from MS. Seems the only reason to use 64 bit is if you have >2Gb Excel files or Access Databases, and who has that?

So a solution would be use Office 32-bit instead.