To all LDD Manager users - I need you help. I can only test on my own computer with Win7 and Access 2003, so I don't know if it works on other configurations. If any of you have Access 2007 or Access 2010 running on either on Win7, Vista or XP, let me know if it works OK for you?

Thanks!

I'm running Vista and it works just fine! I tried the import brick list from Bricklink function (Using both Google Chrome and Firefox) and it works now! Thanks!

To test it I imported the bricklist of the 4910 Hover Scout. There were a couple errors. The printed piece was omitted, obviously, but oddly enough part 3004 DID have a printing on it; while it's supposed to be blank. It has a small clockface on each end.

Also, the 298c01(Bricklink)/ 73587 (Lego) part did not import. I'm assuming this is because the list has it assigned to be two colours?

I'm running Vista and it works just fine! I tried the import brick list from Bricklink function (Using both Google Chrome and Firefox) and it works now! Thanks!

To test it I imported the bricklist of the 4910 Hover Scout. There were a couple errors. The printed piece was omitted, obviously, but oddly enough part 3004 DID have a printing on it; while it's supposed to be blank. It has a small clockface on each end.

Also, the 298c01(Bricklink)/ 73587 (Lego) part did not import. I'm assuming this is because the list has it assigned to be two colours?

Thanks for testing. The 298c01 did not import because it has a yellow lever. I'll look into it. And you're right about the 3004. Gotta fix that. BTW: What version of Access do you have?

Thanks for testing. The 298c01 did not import because it has a yellow lever. I'll look into it. And you're right about the 3004. Gotta fix that. BTW: What version of Access do you have?

I have Access 2003, I believe. I'll look and see about updating that.

To all LDD Manager users - I need you help. I can only test on my own computer with Win7 and Access 2003, so I don't know if it works on other configurations. If any of you have Access 2007 or Access 2010 running on either on Win7, Vista or XP, let me know if it works OK for you?

Thanks!

I tried running it on Access runtime 2010 x64 with no luck (not really surprising).

After uninstalling the 64 bit version and then installing the 32bit version I'm happy to report it works!

The os is Win7 64bit Home Pro edition.

Arild

I tried running it on Access runtime 2010 x64 with no luck (not really surprising).

After uninstalling the 64 bit version and then installing the 32bit version I'm happy to report it works!

The os is Win7 64bit Home Pro edition.

Arild

Yeah, I know - you can't open certain Access files made in 32 bit office with 64 bit office. There's quite a bit of discussion about this on the internet. Glad you solved it though.

And thanks for reporting that it works on 32 bit Office 2010.

I emailed you again, it's still not working. :sceptic: Also, whenever I open the program, I get this message:

"Error: 3251 - Current Recordset does not support updating. This may be a limitation of the provider, or of the selected locktype."

Maybe that has to do with the problem, but hope it helps.

I emailed you again, it's still not working. :sceptic: Also, whenever I open the program, I get this message:

"Error: 3251 - Current Recordset does not support updating. This may be a limitation of the provider, or of the selected locktype."

Maybe that has to do with the problem, but hope it helps.

Hi,

I am getting this error as well on Access 2010, on Windows 7.

Thanks,

Noam

Hi,

I am getting this error as well on Access 2010, on Windows 7.

Thanks,

Noam

Hi Noam

Does it work once you get past that error? (i.e. can you import models)?

Hi Noam

Does it work once you get past that error? (i.e. can you import models)?

Hi,

I haven't tried, that error looked worrying ;)

I also got a warning bar saying that the database is in readonly mode, and I should Save As if I want to modify it, is it ok?

Thanks,

Noam

Hi,

I haven't tried, that error looked worrying ;)

I also got a warning bar saying that the database is in readonly mode, and I should Save As if I want to modify it, is it ok?

Thanks,

Noam

The first error is nothing worring. However, that the database is read only is more worrying. I'm not sure where and which program it says "Save As". Is it when you try to unzip it or when you try to run LDD Manager?

In any case, the LDD Manager files needs to be put in a folder where you as a user have right to read and write (i.e. have full admin rights). Also, you need to make sure that the MDB-file is not "read-only". Right-click the MDB-file and look under Properties. Uncheck the "Read-only" tag.

Let me know how it works out.

EDIT: I fixed all the security warnings, so I've removed those screen prints. The file still won't load though.

I just loaded LDD Manager, and it will not load my small LDD file.

I'm running Vista Home Premium with all updates, and using the A2003 Runtime you link to. I'm also running Office 2000 Premium, including Access 2000, in case that's an issue. I did not receive any errors when I installed the A2003 Runtime, and have rebooted the system. I am logged on as the administrator.

Here's what happens:

When I open my LDD file, I receive these errors:

Image4.jpg

Image5.jpg

Finally, I recieve this error, which repeats infinitely until I kill the LDD process:

Image6.jpg

When I reopen LDD Manager, the LDD BOM page shows this:

Image7 small.jpg

Here is the full-size image, so you can actually read it.

The Re-Import link does not click. When I use the button and import the file again, I get the same errors as above.

Here is the LDD file I'm trying to import.

I'm an application developer too (since long before Win existed), so I know how frustrating the process can be. Thanks for all your hard work on our behalf! :thumbup:

Peter

Edited by petero

Hi Petero

Sorry for not replying until now.

The second problem seems to be related to the Shell32 file in the Windows operating system, because it contains the routines that does the zip-extraction (as far as I have managed to figure out). All the warnings you get are because of that. Even though there shouldn't be, it might be beause of sligh variations in the version of Shell32 between different versions of Windows. Having said that, I haven't heard anyone else having this problem, and I don't know exactly what can be wrong. I'll try to investigate and I'll get back where when I got some news.

PS: the file you sent opens fine on my computer, so there's nothing wrong with it per se.

Thanks for looking into it! The only other possible cause I can think of is the runtime version. I downloaded the runtime on 22 May when you first released LDD Manager, but never installed it. I installed the 22 May version a few days ago, rather than downloading it from your site again.

I also have the LDD Manager 0.9 beta file. Would it help if I uninstall 0.95 and try 0.9?

Peter

Thanks for looking into it! The only other possible cause I can think of is the runtime version. I downloaded the runtime on 22 May when you first released LDD Manager, but never installed it. I installed the 22 May version a few days ago, rather than downloading it from your site again.

I also have the LDD Manager 0.9 beta file. Would it help if I uninstall 0.95 and try 0.9?

Peter

The runtime version of Access is the same now as it was in May, so that shouldn't be a problem. Howver, yes, it's a good idea to install the newest LDD Manager :thumbup:

The runtime version of Access is the same now as it was in May, so that shouldn't be a problem. Howver, yes, it's a good idea to install the newest LDD Manager :thumbup:

I didn't think the runtime would change, so that's why I didn't bother downloading it again.

Does LDD Manager have a function to globally change the colors of pieces? For instance, to change all Dark Bluish Gray pieces to the old Dark Gray?

Peter

I didn't think the runtime would change, so that's why I didn't bother downloading it again.

Does LDD Manager have a function to globally change the colors of pieces? For instance, to change all Dark Bluish Gray pieces to the old Dark Gray?

Peter

If need be, you could do that with LDD in just a few steps.

*Create a Dark Bluish Gray piece if there are none visible on the outside of the model.

*Go to the paint bucket tool and select the old Dark Gray. Make sure you're on the paint bucket, not the eyedropper.

*Go to the selection tool. Use the color selection tool to select all Dark Bluish Gray pieces.

*With the pieces selected, go to the Paint Bucket tool and all Dark Bluish Gray pieces should be recolored to old Dark Gray automatically.

It should be noted that this cannot be done with parts that have multiple surfaces of the same part painted different colors. So while it would work for minifig torsos (since the minifig torso parts can be selected separately), it would not work for the Crystal King's head (which is just a single part with multiple paintable surfaces).

*Create a Dark Bluish Gray piece if there are none visible on the outside of the model.

*Go to the paint bucket tool and select the old Dark Gray. Make sure you're on the paint bucket, not the eyedropper.

*Go to the selection tool. Use the color selection tool to select all Dark Bluish Gray pieces.

*With the pieces selected, go to the Paint Bucket tool and all Dark Bluish Gray pieces should be recolored to old Dark Gray automatically.

Yes, I realize it can be done that way. What I'm looking for is a global one-click replacement that can be done without selecting bricks. Think the equivalent of a word processor's Replace function.

Peter

Yes, I realize it can be done that way. What I'm looking for is a global one-click replacement that can be done without selecting bricks. Think the equivalent of a word processor's Replace function.

Peter

Sorry, no there is no such function, and the reason is that the feature Aanchir explained allready exists in LDD, so I didn't think there was any use for such function in LDD Manager. The only batch replace feature that is in LDD is the "Batch Replace parts".

Out of curiosity, why is the LDD color change feature not sufficient? Is there any particular case you have bumped into?

Sorry, no there is no such function, and the reason is that the feature Aanchir explained allready exists in LDD, so I didn't think there was any use for such function in LDD Manager. The only batch replace feature that is in LDD is the "Batch Replace parts".

Out of curiosity, why is the LDD color change feature not sufficient? Is there any particular case you have bumped into?

Speaking as a long-time programmer, since you've already done it for part numbers, it would be easy to replicate it for color codes :laugh:

(And Superkalle is thinking "Easy for you to say :angry:")

The specific case is where I've screwed up the colors :hmpf_bad: . For instance, using the wrong shade of light gray. Rather than trying to select each of the dozens of bricks scattered throughout the file, I would like to say Replace Light Bluish Gray with Light Gray, and have all of them change. Type or select the old and new color names/codes, press the button, and it's done.

The difference between a global replace, and the current LDD method, is that I'll never do it if I have to select the bricks one by one. With all the best intentions in the world, I know myself well enough to know it would never happen. :thumbdown:

Peter

The difference between a global replace, and the current LDD method, is that I'll never do it if I have to select the bricks one by one.

But LDD allow you to select all bricks of a specific colour in the scene (including those with multiple colours, but those are selected depending on the colour of the main section), so you have not to select bricks one by one.

I thought your request was due to the need of batch replace colours in more than one lxf file, but with a single lxf file LDD is fast and easy enough.

Or miss I something?

PS: remember that a lxf file is a zip file.

You can extract it and extract the LXFML, that is a text file.

Then with a text editor you can replace the wrong colour code with the correct one (the colour code is specified at the voice

materials="<colour_id>[,<colour_id>]*"

Edited by Calabar

Yes, Calabar is right. You can allready in LDD change all bricks of a certain color.

1) First go to the Paint Bucket Tool and select in the Color Palettet Tool the color you want to change TO (target color)

2) Then use the "Color selection tool" to click on a brick with the color you want to FROM (old color). Note that all brick with that color will be selected

3) Click on the Paint Bucket Tool.

4) Done

This is actually the reason I did not add the batch color replace feature in LDD Manager. It's so simple to do it directly in LDD. :classic:

(But you are right, it would be very easy to add a batch color replace in LDD Manager, but for the time being I decided not to. :grin:)

1) First go to the Paint Bucket Tool and select in the Color Palette Tool the color you want to change TO (target color)

2) Then use the "Color selection tool" to click on a brick with the color you want to FROM (old color). Note that all brick with that color will be selected

3) Click on the Paint Bucket Tool.

4) Done

Thanks Calabar and Superkalle. I think I've finally got it. In Step 2, I was clicking the "Color picker tool" in the Paint menu, not the "Color selection tool" in the Selection menu. No wonder it wasn't working *huh* It was obviously a PEBCAC* on my part.

Now, if only I can remember long enough to actually use it :classic:

On a related subject, is there a better tutorial for LDD than LEGO's online help? That's about as useful as, well, most help files. And if that's not an insult, I don't know what is!

Peter

*PEBCAC - Problem Exists Between Chair And Computer