It seems the new LDD Manager is working fine, since I haven't heard any complaints. :tongue:

I haven't been able to test it other then on my own computer using IE8. If any of you guys bump into problems, let me know. Thanks!

I can't seem to get the Bricklink Inventory import to work. I went to a bricklink inventory page, set it to "no images", and scroll-selected the entire inventory with my mouse. When I try and paste that though, it says "The text is too long to be edited". I tried going through and copy/pasting each row individually, but that brings up a "parts not recognized" error when I click "Go" and imports none of them. I'm not sure what I'm doing incorrectly, but some help would be much appreciated. :classic:

As for other information that may be helpful, I'm running Vista 32 bit and I use Google Chrome as my browser (Though I'm not sure if that would effect anything?).

Thanks!

Edited by Daedalus304

I can't seem to get the Bricklink Inventory import to work. I went to a bricklink inventory page, set it to "no images", and scroll-selected the entire inventory with my mouse. When I try and paste that though, it says "The text is too long to be edited". I tried going through and copy/pasting each row individually, but that brings up a "parts not recognized" error when I click "Go" and imports none of them. I'm not sure what I'm doing incorrectly, but some help would be much appreciated. :classic:

As for other information that may be helpful, I'm running Vista 32 bit and I use Google Chrome as my browser (Though I'm not sure if that would effect anything?).

Thanks!

You need to make sure to select the entire first row in LDD Manager so that it is turned black, before pasting. See Figure 12 in the help file.

(PS: I know it's not very user friendly, but it's the best I could do at the moment :blush:)

I tried what you suggested and my Copy-Paste function doesn't seem to want to work correctly. When I paste the fully-highlighted list the only thing in each row that shows up is "Yes", without any of the brick information. Trying to run it regardless simply gives me an error, as well. I did go and verify that I copied all the correct data by pasting my Ctrl+V into a text document, that had all the part names and numbers. I'm not sure why my computer doesn't seem to want to paste them correctly into LDD Manager.

Sorry about all this trouble, I don't mean to cause a mess. :look:

When I paste the fully-highlighted list the only thing in each row that shows up is "Yes", without any of the brick information.

I can confirm this behaviour. It seems to depend on the web browser - it works if I copy from IE8, but I only get a long list of "Yes" posts if I copy from Chrome or Opera. My guess is that Chrome and Opera copy the actual "tab" character which makes Access skip to the next column, while IE8 just copies the text with some spaces between the columns.

Is it possible to add more columns to the "Input set data from BrickLink" dialogue box and have LDD Manager detect if the pasted data is across one or multiple columns?

I tried it with both IE and Firefox, and it works with IE7 but not Firefox. I guess I'll just use IE to import the lists for now then, until other browsers work with it. Thanks for the help! :classic:

Is it possible to add more columns to the "Input set data from BrickLink" dialogue box and have LDD Manager detect if the pasted data is across one or multiple columns?

I'll defintely look into this. Thanks for letting me know.

I forgot to mention it before, but I did want to say - thanks for making this program and being so helpful with it all around, Superkalle. It's very helpful and useful. :classic:

Thanks for those kind words.

I think I found a solution to the import from other browsers then IE. However, to check, can you please copy "BL set list" and paste it in to a .txt-file, zip it, and then upload for me. That way I can identify the characters used to separate the different columns.

Also, I'm looking into adding support for the decorations, so any bricks in BL with a decorations that exist in LDD, will import correctly.

I saved examples from both Firefox and Chrome for you, which are in this .zip file. They're both of the same set (Thought maybe that could be useful). I'd have gotten one from Opera too, if I had that browser.

BricklinkInv.zip

Hello, I joined just to ask this question! When trying to import one of my LDD lxf's, I get an error message 307 and a message saying 'Operation must use an updatable query.' Do you know this problem and do you know how to fix this?

Thank you for this wonderful program!

Hello, I joined just to ask this question! When trying to import one of my LDD lxf's, I get an error message 307 and a message saying 'Operation must use an updatable query.' Do you know this problem and do you know how to fix this?

I haven't heard about this error before. Could you please tell me what OS and what version of Access you are using. Also, if possible, can you please zip and mail me the LXF (my mail adress can be found in the program under About & Help).

I haven't heard about this error before. Could you please tell me what OS and what version of Access you are using. Also, if possible, can you please zip and mail me the LXF (my mail adress can be found in the program under About & Help).

Sorry but OS? What's that? And I have Access '07.

I'll email you the lxf as soon as possible.

Sorry but OS? What's that? And I have Access '07.

I'll email you the lxf as soon as possible.

OS = Operating System

I'll look into that LXF as soon as I get it.

I have this same error, no matter what .lxf file I tried to open.

OS is Windows XP SP3

Running Office 2010

I have this same error, no matter what .lxf file I tried to open.

OS is Windows XP SP3

Running Office 2010

Thanks for confirming the error!

Can anyone else using Office/Access2010 or 2007 test if it works or doesn't on their computer?

I sent you the email. The two OS's are Windows XP and 7. If you can just get a parts list for me, that's all I really need.

No mail received yet. I'll check my inbox again after work.

Got it! I'm sending back a BOM (Bill of Material) via mail.

But since I could open the LXF, I can't find anything wrong with the program. I read somewhere it could be a read-only issue. Can you check so that you have full read/write access to the folder in which you placed LDD Manager? Also check the file itself (LDDManager.mdb). YOu can do this by right clicking the folder and file respectively and selectiong "Properties". Un-check the "read-only" flags, and look at the Security tab so you have full rights.

LDD Manager 0.94 BETA released today.

As usuall, download from here

Also note the updated Help-file.

Changes since last version:

• New feature: support for decorations, both Import from LDD and Import from BrickLink

• New feature: possible to generate LXF-files and get certain composite part when importing part lists from BrickLink:

-- 2x2 turn table

-- 1x2 + 1x2 hinge plate

-- Lever (mini antenna)

-- Technic Joint 3L

• Bug fix: fixed incorrect Icon description in the Parts & Color reference

• Bug fix: now possible to paste BrickLink sets also from other browsers then IE

• Bug fix: fixed some minor errors in the BrickLink to LDD parts table

• Bug fix: added support for Power Functions elements with the following BrickLink ID’s: 55206c01, 58120c01, 58123c01, 58122c01, 58121c01, 54950c02. NOTE: Mindstorms sensors and motor not yet added.