As far as I can see via the help pages in bricklink, the only way to have an inventory is to become a seller. That way bricklink lets you have your inventory.

Thing is I don't wanna sell at all!

So maybe I can have a "closed" shop, but thats somewhat against the idea of the bricklink site i guess.

Maybe you can shine your light on this if you have the time.

Jan

Edited by Jan

This is somewhat related, somewhat not, but would it be possible to implement a system into this to get the cheapest prices on bricklink through this? If not, are there any programs out there that do that?

The reason being, my project at current form already has 373 unique pieces and will probably skyrocket once I get into the details and I can't even begin to imagine calculating the cheapest orders of them with shipping and whatnot.

This is somewhat related, somewhat not, but would it be possible to implement a system into this to get the cheapest prices on bricklink through this? If not, are there any programs out there that do that?

I see your point, but sorry, I don't have such plans in the pipeline for LDD Manager

But maybe someone else knows if such a tool exist.

@ Superkalle: I just tried LDD Manager for the first time on Zblj's Lynx Trial Truck 10 model, and it generated a parts list in no time! It's a great time-saver; I used to pore over each and every page of the LDD Building Guide Mode to tally up each individual part. When I once had to spend 3 HOURS making a Parts List, now LDD Manager can do it in less than 5 minutes. :thumbup: Thanks for all the work you did on this software!

@Superkalle,

I've tried http://www.brickforge.de/software/brickstore/ but I think I have to spent a little more time on it to get it to work for what I want.

Right now I only get one set parted out, and allows me to export that to a bricklink store.

If you have any other suggestions, I am very willing to try them out.

Meanwhile I am working on my first "digital" MOC for the great LDD contest.

Hope i will be able to surprise.

LDD manager still comes in very handy for checking availability and partcount.

thanks for your help in advance

Jan

Absolutely brilliant. It's already proved invaluable for finding pieces within LDD's "interesting" categorisation scheme.

The one thing I have noticed is that piece 49668 (1x1 plate with tooth) shows up in the wrong category, 2x2 Plate w. Wheel Pins rather than the Windscreen which is where it should be. Other than that, seems perfect!

Is this compatible with Mac computers? I didn't see it mentioned anywhere, though I did skim through it quickly.

Is this compatible with Mac computers? I didn't see it mentioned anywhere, though I did skim through it quickly.

I'm assuming you need Microsoft Access to use it, but there is no harm in trying. :classic:

BTW, Superkalle, this program is awesome. I'm surprised at how easy it is to use :thumbup:

The one thing I have noticed is that piece 49668 (1x1 plate with tooth) shows up in the wrong category, 2x2 Plate w. Wheel Pins rather than the Windscreen which is where it should be. Other than that, seems perfect!

Thanks, I'll have to fix that!

No, sorry, not for MAC

BTW, Superkalle, this program is awesome. I'm surprised at how easy it is to use default_thumbup.gif

Thanks! If there is anything missing, please let me know!

What about exporting to LEGO PAB? I usually design in LDD and then order through PAB because the price is lower that in LDD and its easier than going through Bricklink. In the past I would have to breakdown each model and make a list of all the parts and colors and then go and add them piece by piece on PAB. LDD Manager as is takes the step of breaking down each model and hand creating the list out, but it would be sweet if you could export to PAB and it would add all the parts to your bag for ordering. Im sure this would require cooperation with LEGO and Im sure they wouldnt be real happy to help because it would basically replace the upload feature of LDD in turn costing them money. Just a thought.

Sal

WFB, WI

What about exporting to LEGO PAB?

Hm, kind of intesting idea! It could maybe be possible to interact with the PAB web-page programmaticaly from LDD Manager. Find the controls on the PAB web page, move the cursor there and paste the various elements. However, I'm not to sure how many would use it since the PAb prices in 97% of the cases are more expensive then BL. Off course there is the convinicence of getting most of the bricks you want in all the colors from one "store" (i.e. PAB), and that can be worth some. But then there is the issue that PAB does not have all the bricks and colors that are in LDD LU mode (which I guess most of us use).

Even so, I'll add this request to the "investigate a bit more" list and we'll see.

When I try to run LDD Manager I get the following error.

Windows Script Host access is disabled on this machine. Contact your administrator for details.

I am running XP SP3 and I installed Microsoft Access 2003 from your link.

Need to know what to change.

When I try to run LDD Manager I get the following error.

Windows Script Host access is disabled on this machine. Contact your administrator for details.

I am running XP SP3 and I installed Microsoft Access 2003 from your link.

Need to know what to change.

The Windows Script Host (WHS) is integrated in the Windows operating system to allow runing basic scripts. It is enabled by default when installing Windows. In LDD Manager I just use WHS it to hide the warning message that would otherwise come up everytime you open LDD Manager.

There are two otions:

1) Run LDD manager without enabling WSH (and live with the warning messages): Just double click LDDManager.mdb-file.

2) Enable WHS and use the vbs-file. It's quite simple to do: http://www.ehow.com/how_5122784_enable-windows-script-host.html

PS: As extra info for the curious: If you open the StartLDDManager.vbs file in Notepad, you can see how WHS script looks like.

Is LDD Manager Fan-created? If so, perhaps you should include an appropriate disclaimer (e.g. Lego® is a registered trademark of the Lego Group of Companies, which does not sponsor, authorise, or endorse this computer program.)

Is LDD Manager Fan-created? If so, perhaps you should include an appropriate disclaimer (e.g. Lego® is a registered trademark of the Lego Group of Companies, which does not sponsor, authorise, or endorse this computer program.)

It sure is Fan created :classic:

If you click the "Help & About"-button in the program, you'll find the disclaimers there.

Hi,

When I try to upload a model's parts to BrickLink, the resulting XML is simply

<INVENTORY>

Not sure if anyone else has the problem... I'm on Windows XP SP3, Office 2010 is installed.

I'd like to point out one error in the LDD Manager, Superkalle. While building 5985 Space Police Central, I noticed that all mudguard pieces are listed as being located in the 2 x 2 plate with wheel pins, but they are all actually located in the windshield section. That confused me enough to skip one part of the build and come back to it later (the truck). But other than that, it's a very useful tool! Thanks for making it :sweet:

EDIT: Oh, and it says that epaulettes are located in the level/antenna section, while they are actually in the minifigure section. :wink:

Edited by ILikePi

I'd like to point out one error in the LDD Manager, Superkalle. While building 5985 Space Police Central, I noticed that all mudguard pieces are listed as being located in the 2 x 2 plate with wheel pins, but they are all actually located in the windshield section. That confused me enough to skip one part of the build and come back to it later (the truck). But other than that, it's a very useful tool! Thanks for making it :sweet:

EDIT: Oh, and it says that epaulettes are located in the level/antenna section, while they are actually in the minifigure section. :wink:

Yeah, I know. It's kind of embarrasing, sorry. It might be that I fixed that problem in the latest release. Perhaps you could download and check (v. 0.92 beta). Otherwise I'll defintely fix it in the version for LDD 4.0 in September.

Just to let you know, when you upload a model build in 114.5, this message comes up:

This version of LDD Manager only fully supports LDD with BrickSetVersion 114.3. The import will continue, but please be noticed that some bricks may no be supported.

This doesn't really affect the import, but I'm just putting this out there :classic:

Just to let you know, when you upload a model build in 114.5, this message comes up:

This doesn't really affect the import, but I'm just putting this out there :classic:

Ah...thanks for letting me know. At least it show my "warning system" works :classic:

However, I'm not planning on updating LDD Manager until LDD 4.0 is out, which is soon thankfully.

Ah...thanks for letting me know. At least it show my "warning system" works :classic:

However, I'm not planning on updating LDD Manager until LDD 4.0 is out, which is soon thankfully.

When is that, then? The Coming of LDD4, that is.

And is there a possibility of exporting the bricklist as a file? Does the "copy to Excel" button also work on similar programs? (Namely those in OpenOffice?)

Thanks for your work, Superkalle!

According to a press-release from TLG some months ago, LDD 4 is scheduled for release in September. Can't wait :classic:

Exporting the brick list to any format is possible. Simply copy the entire list, and paste into any program of your choice (Excel, OpenOffice etc).

PS: A quick way to select the entire list is to click the small gray square at the top-left corner of the list. Then just hit Ctrl-C as usual to copy.

According to a press-release from TLG some months ago, LDD 4 is scheduled for release in September. Can't wait :classic:

Will LDD 4 have the same 4 catagories, especially Lego Universe?