Sign in to follow this  

I know there's a lot of webcomics made with Lego bricks, but the only one I've ever seen that uses LDD is mine. Does anyone know of any others? I'm going to assume not, since before the mod, it was pretty limited. I'm excited to see how much more I can do with the Lego Universe brick palate. I like using it because I have the freedom to make my own backgrounds or use public domain images or just my own gradients as backgrounds. At one point I made modular building pieces to make background buildings, but they're on my computer that died. Next time, I'm backing up EVERYTHING. =B

Heh. I share it every time I post. The banner in my signature is a link to it. =)

Incidentally, if any of you have LXF's you'd like to see in a comic, I will certainly review them for consideration. And if used, you'd get to see your name as contributor in the artist notes. If you look at some of the models I've used, some of my more detailed ones end up looking not so good in the comic (like my battle mech you may have seen elsewhere in this forum). The fewer lines the better, though that is only a general rule, and there are always exceptions to the rules. Two of my favorite comics use individual bricks... =3

To leave comments, you have to join Drunk Duck. (Which is free, but still...) If you don't feel like making a reader account just to say "Ha! that was funny" or "God, you suck!" you can always leave those comments here at Eurobricks, either in this thread or by personal message.

Edited by Randal

Hmm... These are pretty cool! I see you have a talent for PhotoShop :thumbup:

This is my favourite! :thumbup:

Edited by prateek

Thanks. I guess after I stumble through it I come out okay. =B

Edited by Randal

If there are any Lovecraft fans, I used Atlantis parts to make Cthulhu for today's comic.

Edited by Randal

Today is my 50th consecutive daily comic for Brick. I started Brick 52 days ago on April Fool's day, but I took down the original test image and put up the first comic 2 days later. Every day since April 3rd there has been a new comic. I've had comics go on for more than 50 strips before, but never for every day of the week on this long of a string. That makes me feel good. I realize that's less than two months, but then again most webcomics with 50 pages take anywhere from 3- 12 months to get that far.

Looking back, there are some that didn't quite work visually or were not worded exactly right, but some I still think are very funny. I'm happy with how it's come along up to this point.

I had thought with the ease of use of LDD that there would be others making Lego themed comics with it long before I started, but it appears (unless someone steps forward) that I'm the only one. That's kind of neat. I've never been a trend setter before. (Though more likely I'm just a fluke. I'd like to think not, but I tend to be pessimistic by nature.) I don't think Lego purists have quite warmed up to the comic yet, but some of you more progressive types seem to be reading. My readership has jumped since I've been chumming with you blokes and I thank you for that.

I just want to say that I think it's very innovative the way use LDD to make comics. It's a good example of the cross-over between different diciplines of digital art. Keep up the good work. :thumbup:

Today's Brick features Lego Batman and in spirit, Lego Robin.

(I once read someone ask "what's Batman without Robin?" I immediately thought, "A story I'll actually enjoy.") Obviously, I'm not a huge Robin fan when teamed with Batman (I like him better in Teen Titans), but he turned out to be useful for today's comic.

Edited by Randal

Yesterday I built 3 Space Police III vehicles and used two of them for today's comic. One of them is also displayed in the LDD Official Sets thread. I'm not sure, but I think another person might have done the other model I used earlier in that thread.

Today I used one of the smaller SP3 sets, though I had to change the canopy... and it's been recolored. >_>

I really liked the #053 situation: Code Pink :laugh:

Good job!!

thank you. =)

todays Brick: meanwhile, in the brick bin...

Edit:

man, this sucks. I went to add a "Brick: (webcomic)" article to "Brickipedia" and when I was previewing it, I noticed a spelling error. When I went to fix the error, it said my web page had expired or timed out or something and I lost everything. I'm too disheartened to start over right now. I'll redo it later. =/

Edited by Randal

I finally broke down and made something I should have done long ago. I made a news desk for Brick. There is so much you can do with two talking heads behind a news desk. In fact, todays comic is an example of one such instance.

An interesting concept making a comic in LDD Randal, but please try to avoid making double posts in your excitement to talk about it. If you have something more you want to say, just edit your previous post and add it there. :classic:

I'm just following precedent. Observe KDog's thread in "Brick flicks & comics". If that's allowed there and not here, I'll just post my comic page announcements over there.

(I suppose I could ask you to sticky a "Brick" thread here, but I'm new so I'll not be so forward. I'll just do what I mentioned above.)

Edited by Randal