Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

Red Moon: Chapter Seven

chapter_07_01.jpg

The group is severely disoriented after the events in the Ceremony Chamber. Everyone takes a moment to catch their breath after the tragic losses they have suffered. Unfortunately...evil doesn't take a break. :devil: The crown appears again. This time it floats only above Penny's head. She tries to shake it, but it follows her floating just out of reach. Nobody can grab it, no matter what they try. In addition, this time, the crown appears with a skull in it. The skull inexplicably begins to speak. It says "Crown the Damned Queen! Feed her virgin blood." before disappearing.

The silence that follows that odd incident is shattered by a blood-curdling scream from the courtyard. The odd engine/chainsaw sound is heard again, followed by the sound of gunshots. Everyone rushes to the courtyard to behold a horrible sight:

chapter_07_02.jpg

Sandy's remains lie on the altar. The tranquilizer gun lies on the ground close by. An unconscious William lays on the ground across from her. Donna rushes to his side and realizes that in addition to a tranquilizer dart in his neck, there is a large gash and a lump on the back of his head. Fred Thomas checks the tranquilizer gun to discover it is out of ammo.

Due to the despair and odd onset of disorientation, nobody seems to remember who had left the room or where everybody was when they heard Sandy screaming.

Objective

• Who is the one person who has caused the 8 murders in the tour group?
  • How do you stop the cycle of evil to escape alive?
  • Start keeping track of the evidence. Discuss what you have learned and seen.

To solve any of these mysteries, PM the host. Solving it correctly will change the game play depending on your character and which mystery you have solved. Mysteries can also be solved in the thread by the group. Just reach a consensus before submitting a guess. You are allowed three incorrect guesses before you are comically killed off of the game, so think before solving.

Rules for Game play (borrowed mostly from Dragonator's Mystery Manor)

1. There are to be 21 participants. If you commit to the game you are committing to contributing to the story and sticking with it to the end. I am trusting you all not to drop out halfway through, as that is never any fun.
  2. The winner will be announced at the end of the game. Players will be scored along the way on certain criteria and completion of objectives. This will not be clear until the end. Ask questions for clarity along the way, but don't be surprised if the answers are cryptic. Of course, to win, you must survive…
  3. Attempts to solve the mystery or objectives can be postulated in the game itself. The truth will be revealed at the end. If someone solves the mystery before then, the mystery will play out and that player will be given points for solving it.
  4. Throwing out constant solutions will only get you killed. If an objective is to find out who stole something and you end up posting a guess of every other player, your latest post will be taken as your solution and you will be killed anyway, so just don't do it.
  5. You must search for clues. This means that an action must be specified. For example, you wish to search a room for hidden objects. The following is an example of how not to go about this:
    "I wish to look for suspicious or hidden objects in this room".
    Instead, you must be able to specify what you want to do. For example:
    "I would like to open the drawers of the cabinet."
    It is not required for you to specify exactly what you are doing and what you are looking for, but a generalised statement will not find you anything. Act like a detective and you will be fine.
  6. Dynamic Actions: Actions you wish to carry out without all of the other players' knowledge can be PMed to the game host, Hinckley. You may or may not be allowed to do what you request.
  7. Attacking: I have setup a system for attacking and defending that is needlessly complicated and I won't try to involve you all in the specifics. At a certain point, you may want to attack another player. PM me your attack and I will answer if it is plausible or not. Some characters just would not attack another player, based on their character description. Some characters are stronger than other when it comes to defense and counter-attack. So think before you attack.
  8. Life points: I am using TheBrickster's life points system, however I will not bother you all with the details. Just be careful and do your best to live. :devil:
  9. Host response time: Please be patient. You may bring the story to a point where you need the host to further game play. I will be on top of this game as much as possible. Please be patient with me between chapters as well.
  10. The game host is always right. :wink: Please don't question the rules or the info you are given. Take the info I give you and work with it. If you're terribly confused, please say so or ask questions. But, if I don't give you any further info, please be patient with the info you are given and try to work with what you have.
  11. Stagnant game: If you find yourself trapped in a room, it is because you need to find a clue or you've missed something. Don’t argue with the game host. You’ll be there until everything that needs to be discovered has been discovered.
  12. This game is meant to be fun, so enjoy yourselves!
  13. Please try to avoid editing your posts, as it can lead to suspicion against you. Just consider what you want to say before you say it or even proofread and you'll be fine.
  14. Failure to follow these rules will result in a warning. A second failure will result in the humorous death of your character.

Cast of characters:

Pleas note: more character info will come to some players from the host before each chapter starts.

sylvia.jpg

Sylvia Berent played by Svelte

chris.jpg

Chris Owen played by The Crazy One

siegourney.jpg

Siegourney played by Siegfried

rich.jpg

Richard Sexton played by Ricecracker

william.jpgdonna.jpg

Donna and William Falcon played by Dannylonglegs and WhiteFang

diesel.jpg

Diesel Nolan played by Dragonator

penny.jpg

Penny Maltese played by Peppermint_M

sheldon.jpg

Sheldon Wills played by Shadows

samantha.jpg

Samantha Cole played by I Scream Clone

pecks.jpg

Tony and Ingrid Peck played by TinyPiesRUs and iamded

fred.jpg

Fred Thomas played by fallentomato

diana.jpg

Diana played by Sir Dillon

"Dead"

jack.jpg

Jack Baxter played by Jim Butcher

hector.jpg

Hector played by Hinckley

stanton.jpg

Stanton Sexton played by Striker

johnson.jpg

Tour Guide Johnson Willoughby played by TheBrickster

quentin.jpg

Quentin Mantino played by Quarryman

zachary.jpg

Zachary Fortem played by Zepher

dj.jpg

DJ Nolan played by Millacol88

sandy.jpg

Sandy Sanders played by Zapper Brick

Is that... Sandy? Oooh, this isn't good. This isn't good at all.

<clutches red gem tightly>

So, with what I heard, it seems Sandy, or some other person who is no longer here, tranq'ed William. If it was Sandy, was it to protect herself? Or to temporarily put him out of his misery? <Glances at his wounds...> If it was someone else, my guess is they didn't want him interrupting. Oh, this is troublesome.

I vote we tend to William's wounds, but also tie him up. We don't know if he's responsible for this. I'd prefer to hear his side of the story while he's safely secured.

Will my necklace help anyone? It didn't stop that creepy skull... But it might help a second time!

OMG! It's Sandy's hair on a skeleton! OMG! It can't be Sandy! It can't! I was almost fond of her!

Well, William... what do you have to say for yourself? You seem to keep being at the center of cases where woman are hurt or dead. Coincidence? I ought to just shoot you on the spot and not take any chances ... :angry:

Hey, wait a minute. We heard gunshots. I don't think most tranquilizer guns make much noise...

I'd like to check my own gun and get a bullet count, please.

Hey, wait a minute. We heard gunshots. I don't think most tranquilizer guns make much noise...

Indeed. It's normally compressed gas. Anything else would break the syringe in the dart. :look: Who else still has a gun and where is it?

OMG! It's Sandy's hair on a skeleton! OMG! It can't be Sandy! It can't! I was almost fond of her!

You've seen it yourself and you still don't believe?

Oh God. Another death! This is he'll. Why did I come on this trip. Poor Sandy, is William

in a bad state? Is it too much for us to help with?

Noo No no no! William! :cry_sad: Speak to me Will! Speak! No! He's breathing! He must be unconscious! Not another tranq dart! :hmpf_bad: Wait, what's this gash on the back of your head?! Good think I picked up the Med-Kit. *I would like to inspect at his head carefully and then tend to his wounds with the med-kit* My poor William, why is he always the victim? :cry_sad:

That's too bad about sandy too. She was a kind lady. God have mercy on her soul. :cry_sad:

Indeed. It's normally compressed gas. Anything else would break the syringe in the dart. :look: Who else still has a gun and where is it?

If I remember correctly, this tranquiler gun has a "loudener" on it that makes it sound like a gun. This is useful for scaring away jaguars, which, when we started the tour, seemed like the biggest threat. *Perhaps a voice from above will confirm that those gunshots we heard we in fact from the tranquilizer gun*

I have a rifle, but I have not fired it, you can count the ammunition if you wish. As we should for the revolver Sheldon has.

We should definitely restrain William. He has a lot to answer for. Perhaps his wife will not be so hysterical this time and realize for the good of the group we need to figure out what he knows and what he was up to back here (or those other times he snuck off).

I have a pistol which I've asked for a bullet count on (to the best of my knowledge it's never left my possession and hasn't been fired).

No matter how many times you say it, it's still hard to believe, both physically and emotionally. :cry_sad:

The skull floating above Penny's head must be some kind of omen, but I'm not sure whether it means she is dangerous or is in danger. I'm leaning towards the former, but we should watch out for her either way.

The skull also said "feed her virgin blood". Is anyone here a virgin?

We should definitely restrain William. He has a lot to answer for. Perhaps his wife will not be so hysterical this time and realize for the good of the group we need to figure out what he knows and what he was up to back here (or those other times he snuck off).

You ain't touchin' him. Whatever you have to ask him you can do while he's untied! Instead of turning this fight for survival into a full fledged battle, let's try to do things like civilized people, and refrain from violence!

It could also mean she is a virgin, feed her. Two different meanings. This worries me a bit. More confusion in this awful place.

You ain't touchin' him. Whatever you have to ask him you can do while he's untied! Instead of turning this fight for survival into a full fledged battle, let's try to do things like civilized people, and refrain from violence!

I'm not suggesting we torture him or water-board him or anything. I just think we should restrain him so we can actually question him when he wakes up. Last time he woke up when the rest of us were on the other side of that gate and we all got distracted by the monsters and traps. Let's not lose focus this time? No violence, perfectly civil, just want to tie him up is all.

*Ooops :blush: Yes, the tranquilizer gun was very loud to scare away cheetas or whatever that security guy said.*

As the air glows a darker and darker shade of red under the full lunar eclipse, the group hears voices seeming to come from all around them. The wildlife goes eerily still, the wind stops blowing and odd shadows begin to move around in the jungle.

Is anyone here a virgin?

If so, we can certainly fix that problem. :grin:

Mystery Shadows!

Sheldon can go find out what they are....

Is my silver protection from them?. Does anyone have any kind of torch?

I'm not suggesting we torture him or water-board him or anything. I just think we should restrain him so we can actually question him when he wakes up. Last time he woke up when the rest of us were on the other side of that gate and we all got distracted by the monsters and traps. Let's not lose focus this time? No violence, perfectly civil, just want to tie him up is all.

Who's fault is it that you got destracted!? :hmpf:

I maintain that my husband is innocent, and that you're just paranoid. If you want to ask him, just ask and forget about the tying! Come on, he's an aging gentleman (never too old for me though :sweet: ) what could he do to you that he couldn't while tied up? He's unnarmed, and prone to falling unconscious, what's so dangerous about that?! We should be more worrried about the creepy shadows! *Continues to aid William with the first aid kit, and INVESTIGATES THE GASH ON THE BACK OF HIS HEAD*

*The swirling shadows move quickly from the shadows to the courtyard. They swirl momentarily around the large urns before materializing into a vision:

chapter_07_03.jpg

Jonathan Falcon: Monica, what is it?

Monica Maltese: Here are the remains.

Jonathan Falcon: How did they get here?

Monica Maltese: I'm not sure I want to know.

Jonathan Falcon: Where is Siegfried?

Monica Maltese: I haven't seen him since the snakes came.

Jonathan Falcon: Did they get him?

Monica Maltese: I don't think so. I don't think they got anybody. I think the snakes are a vision.

Jonathan Falcon: What?

Monica Maltese: One of the snake seemed to go over my arm, but I didn't feel anything. That scripture we found said the one who awakened the demons would receive powers: superhuman strength, the ability to make others hallucinate...I think it's that Mr. Mantino.

Jonathan Falcon: What makes you think that?

*There is a loud roar. Both apparitions turn off towards the jungle.*

Jonathan Falcon: It's back!

Monica Maltese: Run!

*The vision fades.*

Don't look at me grannie, I know far to many tricks to be considered a virgin!

If so, we can certainly fix that problem. :grin:

It's always the loud mouths that are still the virgins in the group, notice how he holds his piece?!

Well we certainly are dropping like flies and these apparitions point towards power for the one to release the demons. Hmmm who let us in first of all when demons appeared? Some research is required.

It's always the loud mouths that are still the virgins in the group, notice how he holds his piece?!

Oh yes, that's so right. Someone save me. :devil:

Hmmm who let us in first of all when demons appeared? Some research is required.

A good question! I think we definitely have two situations going on here. We have human killers who can't turn their victims into lunch, and we have demons who can. Are they related? Maybe, maybe not. We need to analyze each death to see if there is a pattern in the victims.

I can't think of anything about Sandy that would make anyone want to kill her. Well, maybe the nag nag nagging she did, but that just made me want to break up with her sometimes. I just don't know ...

Well, I know this death is shocking and all, but maybe we should have a look around.

I would like to look inside the second urn from the right, and inspect the urn itself once I've checked inside it.

*The shadows snake into the courtyard again, ethereal tendrils reaching out from the jungle and beyond death. They form another vision*:

chapter_07_04.jpg

Robert Mantino: While we were busy fighting off that tentacle thing in the East Library, she was taking gems out of a secret compartment. You know something about this temple, Monica. You've awakened the demons to kill us so you can have those gems.

Monica Maltese: Jonathan, Siegfried, listen to me. I looked into his eyes and saw the eyes of a demon. It's just like that scripture said.

Jonathan Falcon: We checked everyone's eyes...

Monica Maltese: But if he knows you're looking he can make you think he looks normal. Remember the scriptures!

Siegfried Harcourt: Let's all calm down. Robert, please stop treating the lady with such disrespect. We all want to live through this and the scriptures said we need to find the sku...

*The vision is cut short and the figures swirl into an inky gray fog...*

chapter_07_05.jpg

*...and into one of the shadowy robed figures.*

chapter_07_06.jpg

*The robed figure moves aggressively towards the group.*

Um... Robed figure heading right for us.

All these visions aren't exactly helping. I am concerned that once again I will be targeted for my family..

Kill it with fire!! Or... wait. The bones! Let's poke it with our bones! Or, hey, yeah, wave the gems in it's face! That should do it!

I would like to simultaneously wave my gem in the malicious looking figure's face and stab at it with my trusty rib bone.

Anyone else care to lend a hand? I don't fancy doing this by myself, in case it just angers it, you know?

If I remember correctly, this tranquiler gun has a "loudener" on it that makes it sound like a gun.
*Ooops :blush: Yes, the tranquilizer gun was very loud to scare away cheetas or whatever that security guy said.*

Technology these days.

No matter how many times you say it, it's still hard to believe, both physically and emotionally. :cry_sad:

Sorry, I must confess that I'm a bit rattled. I'm used to seeing death but there's been so many.

Is anyone here a virgin?

Depending on your perspective I might be.

*The robed figure moves aggressively towards the group.*

Oh my!

*I order the figure to stop. If it keeps moving I pick up a rock and throw it just to see if this is a ghost/vision or something that I can touch... and kill.*