Battle for Concord

4608960883_2200bc4970.jpg

4608959877_340eef633b.jpg

4608959089_8605e8b9f9.jpg

4609565318_9a1e1ac002.jpg

4609563554_283d2015f9.jpg

06.jpg

Photos are links.

The Battle of Concord on April 19th, 1775 in Middlesex County, Massachusetts marked the official beginning of the Revolutionary War between the Kingdom of Great Britain and its 13 colonies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_concord

I decided to post a new topic separate from the old WIP topic in response to some of the comments during PTV when I had merged the two as one large topic. Thanks again to everyone that gave a response.

Looks very good NewRight!

But I'm confused, is this one or the one with the river that is your entry for the contest? I liked the latter one better if I should be honest but this one is nice too :classic:

This is the entry. I just changed it a bit by getting rid of the river. I though the bridge was really out of proportion to the figs and especially to the actual size that the river and bridge should have been. If build in fig scale the bridge and river would have been about 3 times the size I had them at. I'm still satisfied with how the redo turned out.

Wow, an impressive entry, I like all the detail, and the brick built terrain is a nice touch, good job mate, and good luck :pir_laugh2:

I think it turned out great. i like all the small details that you incorporated into a small space, and the colors blend well with with eachother. This enty has a pretty good chance

of winning a prize from this point :thumbup:

Edited by Captainkiwi

You run those redcoats out of America! :pir-cry_happy: Great MOC. I like the varied use of the minifig torsos for the colonists and the skeleton arms for smoke to propel the cannonball is brilliant. Kudos!

Really nice work, I love the smoke trail behind the canon fire.

Expect to see this blogged soon.

blogged.png

Looking good! :thumbup:

You could put a bit more blood in it, but for the rest it's really nice.

I like the fact that the 'baseplate' isn't square and the 'normal fire' and cannonfire are also great.

A deserved frontpage MOC :pir-classic:

Not trying to be jerkish about pointing this out, but the sights on the right cannon in picture four are angled the wrong way. It is still an amazing MOC, as has been said numerous times, that is a thousand times better than anything I could ever build.

This scene reminds me of a song I heard a while ago, "AMERICA!! F*** YEAH!!!" :pir_laugh2:

There's a lot of action going on I esspecially like the use of Sly Owl's skeleton arm technique. It's a very good entry, no doubt there :thumbup:

However I also have to state I liked your WIP much more. The bridge looked lovely and so did the river. Without them a lot of more studs are showing up and IMO the landscape looks a little boring.

It's still good, so this is criticism on a high level, but seeing your WIP, I did expect a bit more. :pir-devil:

There's a lot of action going on I esspecially like the use of Sly Owl's skeleton arm technique. It's a very good entry, no doubt there :thumbup:

However I also have to state I liked your WIP much more. The bridge looked lovely and so did the river. Without them a lot of more studs are showing up and IMO the landscape looks a little boring.

It's still good, so this is criticism on a high level, but seeing your WIP, I did expect a bit more. :pir-devil:

Yes, but if you draw you attention to this you'll notice how out of proportion everything would have been. Look at the size of the bridge/river I had been trying to replicate. It wasn't reasonable with my brick supply. The bridge/rive would have had to be 3-4 times larger than it was in the WIPs. I liked the scene, sure, I loved it, but it failed to accomplish what I really wanted. I felt this did a better job.

Thanks for the response though and I agree. Thanks to everyone for the response.

Nice entry NewRight! I agree with you on the bridge, although it looked great it was a little out of proportion. I think you adapted it quite nicely. Good luck on the contest.

:jollyroger:

Impressive entry indeed, I actually do not know THAT much about the revolutionary wars while I really like to know more about it.

It seems this contest is an outstanding opportunity to do so!

Much luck and fun with the contest :thumbup: .

Very nice MOC!

May I ask though, where did you get the bayonets for your musket?

I have been searching far and wide to find a good bayonet layout for my soldiers.

Your landscaping is impressive I think you have a good shot at winnig

Very nice Moc and good luck in yor contest :thumbup:

Yor posing of the figs is superb and you cannons look realistc too (alot better than the mold)

Edited by Darth Hawken

Very nice MOC!

May I ask though, where did you get the bayonets for your musket?

I have been searching far and wide to find a good bayonet layout for my soldiers.

The bayonets are items from BrickArms and are really nice items. I don't think they have been "officially" put into production yet, but I'm sure you will see them sometime soon. They are also part of a prize package in the contest.