Sign in to follow this  
LazerBlade

Pod racer!

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Here is my 99.9% complete pod racer. :blush:

I have not seen one of these show up on eruobricks for quite some time (unless I missed it). So I thought I would try something new out. I also will be hosting a contest for the June CABG guild build, so this is my entry.

img_6810.jpg

I need a good name for this awesome pod racer. :tongue::thumbup:

Enjoy and please comment!!! :D

Not bad 'CloneCommanderXD' - do you have any more shots of it yet ? :wink:

Hard to see the rear of it at that angle, but it looks good - who's the pilot ?

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

How about Blue-Sebulba-Rip-off Racer? :tongue: Even though it looks a bit too similar to a certain dug's podracer, it's still nice. And I agree, Eurobricks needs more podracers! :thumbup: Perhaps we should have a contest of our own...

I'm curious about that contest of yours. Is it gonna be about creating your own pod, or recreate one from the movie or EU? I've been meaning to build Mars Guo's podracer for quite some time now...

I'm tempted to call it Azure Angel III, but...

Stingray? Aqua Mirage? Aurora? (I'm suggesting some water- or ice related names since it's blue.)

The engines do look a bit small for the average podracer but the way you built the front of the pod looks really cool and the dark blue is great. Could we get a shot of the cockpit? I can make out an "engine" piece and some wing plates but that's about it.

Shouldn't the power couplings be blue or purple or something?

How about Blue-Sebulba-Rip-off Racer? :tongue: Even though it looks a bit too similar to a certain dug's podracer, it's still nice. And I agree, Eurobricks needs more podracers! :thumbup: Perhaps we should have a contest of our own...

I'm curious about that contest of yours. Is it gonna be about creating your own pod, or recreate one from the movie or EU? I've been meaning to build Mars Guo's podracer for quite some time now...

You have to create your own pod racer. But there is a little twist to make if fun for the builders. The pod race will allow guns/lazers. :wink:

Here are some more pictures. ;)

And where should the guns go?

fvz5up.jpg

15nk1zs.jpg

zxqn7r.jpg

Enjoy!!! :thumbup:

Edited by CloneCommanderXD

Wow, this is really good! :classic:

I think you should put lasers on the small 'wings' either side of the cockpit, and perhaps on the engines.

Can't wait for the contest. :thumbup:

Harsh, but true, the front is almost identical, stiil dont let that take away from it.

It looks really good.

Wherew is this contest? I haven't heard anything about it.

Wherew is this contest? I haven't heard anything about it.
I can say is that it will be on the CABG. There are CABG members on eruobricks so I do not want to be giving information out they do not need to know right now. :tongue: Shhh

And where should the guns go?

fvz5up.jpg

I'd say replace the grey grill tiles at the front with the type of guns TLG puts on Delta 7 JSFs. And how about you replace those dark grey cones in the back with some sort of rocket launchers? Not sure where you could put guns on the engines except at the front of the "wings".

Can't wait for the contest. :thumbup:

I agree, but why are you so excited? You aren't even a CABG member. :tongue:

EDIT: Wait, I just realized I'm gone for most of June! :cry_sad: Maybe I'll still be able to whip something up before I leave...

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Good to finally see a MOC of a Podracer! I just love those so much.

Your one is really good. Glad I waited with posting until you got a few more pics up.

Even though there is simularies with the V engines I think you have a good design.

What I do like with Sebulbas Pod though is that the engines are so BIG.

Yours kind of look like a light version of it. The 1.4 liters compared to Sebulbas 18.0 liters or something.

Funny you should mention that you haven´t seen any Podracers in a while.

I thought the same just some time ago.

I am about to order some parts that haven´t been available in the right colours before to remake the

official versions released for Ep. I in 1999. Both MOD them and make them in bluish grey colours.

Good luck in the competition!

I think I will take my pod racer down to bricklink lane and have bigger engines put on. :laugh:

I ran out of spending money for the day so I will see what I can do. :thumbup::tongue:

Lovely pod racer CloneCommanderXD, I like the cockpit thing at the back and the orange bricks at the front. star-wars-smiley-034.gif

Thank you guys. I got to confess. I made this pod racer just for you all to enjoy. :classic: I have never seen any pod racers every since I registered so I new you guys would enjoy this. So I did the best I could. :thumbup:

Looks good, we need more on this forum! :tongue:

Sign me but to host the contest. :tongue:

So, no contest then? :sad: Oh well, at least KimT said that he is considering to host one here...

Thank you guys. I got to confess. I made this pod racer just for you all to enjoy. :classic: I have never seen any pod racers every since I registered so I new you guys would enjoy this. So I did the best I could. :thumbup:

Sign me but to host the contest. :tongue:

So you are now dropping your contest?

So, no contest then? :sad: Oh well, at least KimT said that he is considering to host one here...
So you are now dropping your contest?

I said that I WILL HOST a pod racer contest. ;) WHy did you say I was dropping it? :sceptic:

Because you said that you have to confess that you made this podracer only for our enjoyment, implying that it is not part of a contest that you were lying about the contest. Then you say "Sign me but to host the contest" which only makes sense if you change it to "Sign me up to host the contest" which would imply that you are not currently planning on hosting one.

I'm not accusing you of anything, just laying out what your comment sounded like to me.

Either way, I'm glad I misinterpreted you. :sweet:

Because you said that you have to confess that you made this podracer only for our enjoyment, implying that it is not part of a contest that you were lying about the contest. Then you say "Sign me but to host the contest" which only makes sense if you change it to "Sign me up to host the contest" which would imply that you are not currently planning on hosting one.

I'm not accusing you of anything, just laying out what your comment sounded like to me.

Either way, I'm glad I misinterpreted you. :sweet:

LOL, I really made it for eruobricks but I also built it for the contest(s) I will be hosting. ;)

Sorry. :wink: