Sign in to follow this  
Dreamweb

Saw MOCs

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hi there.

I've been a fan of the Saw series for a few years now. Although it has some weak points, overall I view it as a really good horror franchise.

This was an idea that came to me some time ago. At first I wanted to make just a few small, vignette-like scenes depicting various moments from the movies. And I must warn you that you've got to know the movies pretty well to fully enjoy those MOCs. After making three of those small things, I wanted to go for something larger and decided to build the whole infamous bathroom, which first appeared in the original Saw. I wanted the replica to be as exact as possible. And here it is, along with the characters from the first film:

saw_1_bathroom_4.jpg

saw_1_bathroom_1.jpg

saw_1_bathroom_9.jpg

And here are the three small things I built earlier, in order of their movie appearance:

saw_1_reverse_bear_trap.jpg

^This is Amanda's reverese bear trap from the first Saw. Unfortunately I didn't have a purple dress like the one she was actually wearing, so I used the most similar dress I could find.

saw_3_amanda_and_lynn.jpg

^This is Amanda and Lynn in a scene from Saw III (note that I had to use Arabic numerals in file names, otherwise their order in brickshelf gallery would've been messed up).

saw_5_hoffman.jpg

^And finally, and this is the first thing I've actually built as a warm-up of sorts, this is detective Hoffman during his speech in Saw V.

Check out the BRICKSHELF FOLDER to see more images of the bathroom.

That's all... for now. I already have a few more ideas for MOCs from various parts of the series, so the gallery will be updated.

Hope you enjoy it!

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

OMG, these are very good. It's been years sicne I've seen the movie but I instantly recognized it. You really nailed each scene too!

Hello, Dreamweb. I'd like to play a game. :devil: Just kidding. :laugh: I'm a fan of the Saw series too; it's the only horror film series I actually like; and I can tell these are pretty spot-on. Good design for the reverse bear trap, and all that yellowed white gives the bathroom a nice dirty look. However, this guy seems to be too happy to be trapped in a creepy bathroom. :tongue:

Looking forward to your future creations.

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

I'm a bit of a fan myself, and I think these are really accurate MOCs.

I don't know if you have seen this piece before, but there is a custom Saw Minifig Head you can buy Here. It would need painting, but it's pretty detailed.

I am a horror movie fanatic, and the first SAW movie is one of my very favorites! (not a huge fan of the others)

Great job with the bathroom, and the reverse bear trap is ingenious! I'd love to see a minifig of Zep!

I've been meaning to post my custom minifig of Scream... this might be the boost of confidence I need, to see that AFOLs like horror movies!

Thanks for all your comments.

As I wrote earlier, this is not the end. The games have just begun. :tongue: I'm planning to make some more, and I'm definitely considering to make Zep, as well as Eric Matthews and a few others, and of course more Jigsaw! I've already taken some screencaps from the movies to use as material for potential MOCs.

And I'm definitely NOT dismantling the bathroom until the premiere of Saw VII (Oct 22 this year if I'm not mistaken), because I have a feeling it might be in the movie again, in which case I'll be able to make some Saw VII MOCs right away. :tongue:

You know what would be really great? If you would bricklink like 50 syringes from the collectible nurse minifig and make that scene from the second movie. :tongue:

I wish there was more blood though :p

I thought it could use some more blood too, unfortunately I used all I had. :classic:

The syringe pit would be great, perhaps one day when I have some extra money I'll do it. :wink:

Or you could just make brick-built syringes by sticking a wrench and/or screwdriver into a trans-clear 1x1 round brick or cone. :wink:

It's been some time but I made a few updates to my SAW gallery!

Let me begin my mentioning that I watched the latest part - SAW 3D - last night and it was... Not good. I felt seriously disappointed. After last year's really good SAW VI, my hopes were very high... Unfortunately, the movie turned out to be a big mess with very little atmosphere of the older movies. I don't want to post any spoilers, after all this is a MOC thread, but the movie was lacking in so many aspects that if I were to tell what I didn't like in particular, I wouldn't even know where to start.

I'll of course watch it some time in the future again and who knows, maybe I'll see some good things in it eventually. But for now I wanted to wash the bad taste out of my mouth, so I made those two MOCs, both representing scenes from near the end of SAW II.

saw_2_amanda__daniel_and_xavier_1.jpg

These are Amanda, Daniel and Xavier just before he cut off a piece of skin from his neck.

saw_2_amanda__daniel_and_xavier_3.jpg

The same from a different point of view.

saw_2_eric_and_amanda.jpg

And this is Eric Matthews being attacked by Amanda wearing a pigmask costume.

All the older pictures are of course still in the gallery so feel free to watch all of them:

MY SAW GALLERY

PS. Even though SAW 3D sucked, I'll probably build its final scene anyway :tongue:

Yeah I remember this bathroom scene, and I really like how you built the 'crappy bathroom' in the movie so perfectly well in brickform. And nice update just in time for Halloween. Good job Dreamweb! :thumbup: