Sign in to follow this  
ZeeK

MOC: Don't cry for your hair...

Many thanks!

The high wooden platform turned out very well IMO

I'd like to give these credits to those, who introduced this board-like pattern. So I've just borrowed the design and put it to the place.

great design of the ye old chopping block ! :devil:
Further study of this "Madam Guillotine" reveal some details I've missed... But I had no intention to attract too much attention to the chop-off process. This shot is about the whole scene...

Also, some strange coincidence - the guards are Swiss Infantry of [French] army... Due to lack of dark-blue coats (is this third fraction together with red coats and blue coats?) this happened... So it's time for bricklinking for more dark-blue torsos...

That's a lot of soldiers and a nice looking stand as well.

PS Doesn't this belong in the Pirates forum?

Doesn't this belong in the Pirates forum?
Yes it does now. Just missed the "Napoleonic era" in forum's description - had to ask moderator to move the topic. Many thanks for pointing this out.

Great MOC. The entire scene is very nice to look at. I love all the figures and how they are arranged. The guillotine seems rather short....It might have trouble getting through the more robust necks. :pir_laugh2:

Great work, I really like the plattform, too. Can somebody PM me the trick? It seems to me, you like the Soldiers Arsenal too, lovely little army ... I really like to see more of the MOC.

Which Torso Did you use for the Man with the head?

Wow that is really neat. Funny too, great job. As commented by others, the platform is done really well.

You sure have alot of those black captain hats, looks great!

Great work, I really like the plattform, too. Can somebody PM me the trick?
It's very easy: you stack 2*x [reddish/old/dark] brown plates leaving 1 stud wide place for tiles. Then you can use this part:

3937c01.gif

to place the wall vertically (1 plate under the hinge is required)

Then you'll have to camouflage the sides with some kind of post (or wall)

That's it, hope it's clear.

It seems to me, you like the Soldiers Arsenal too, lovely little army
I had to borrow 8 8 new Soldiers... and some pirate hats too... and the crying head too.. from my fellow AFOLs... So it's kind of "community build" ...
I really like to see more of the MOC
This shot is the only possible way to show this scene... There's only ~25 soldiers here, an most of hats have pirate pattern on the front :) I had to choose the camera's position rather carefully!
Which Torso Did you use for the Man with the head?
This is the figure:

bat014.jpg

Alfred the Butler from BatCave. LEGO Licences Themes are the source of magnificient and exremely expensive minifigs...

Wow that is really neat. Funny too, great job. As commented by others, the platform is done really well.

You sure have alot of those black captain hats, looks great!

Thank you very much. I've ran out of captain hats for this scene... then i come across one of the boxes with "spare parts" i bought in January... voila!!! 8 more hats for the moс! I was happy at that moment!

Nice job! Looks good with all the soldiers. However, I agree with Hornbricker on the height of the guillotine. I think is should be a bit taller. Reminds me of an MOC i did not too long ago, Viva La Revolution.. Keep up the good work!

:jollyroger:

Reminds me of an MOC i did not too long ago, Viva La Revolution..

Wow!!! Your work it much much better!!! I wish I had seen it before! It's very interesting that the inspiration comes from the same source - the poor Loius XVI...

You have used BA's accessories so cool...

I've noticed you've encountered the same problem i have come across - the "captain hats" with pirate pattern...

However, those poor lads of 18th cetury were not bald-headed, so I took Aunt May's hair... (I do support Pirates Fans' request to LEGO to introduce those noble hairpieces!)

Thank you very much, Capt. Stabblin!!!

I really really love the platform the guillotine is standing on. I doubt the head choise. I don't think your head will cry when it's chopped from your body. I think your yaw will drop, so a scared face might be better. But then the title of this creation wouldn't make any sence. So just ignore me :pir_laugh2:

I don't think your head will cry when it's chopped from your body. I think your yaw will drop, so a scared face might be better

According to Wikipedia's article regarding the guillotine, various facial phenomena were observed. Possible cause is the fact that the decapitation occurs instantly, leaving a few moments for the muscles etc. to "finish" their work... So it's highly doubtful, but not impossible...

Brilliant, a bit violent, but you can't censor history.

I love the facial expression on the deceased.

Expect to see it on Classic Pirates soon.

blogged.png

WOW!!!

I love the feel of the MOC it's ... grim! I very much enjoy the platform as a whole, I too have been experimenting with the diagonaly tiles and I really like to see how it came out for you.

After seeing it here on another post, I made a test with treasure chests lids and it also looks pretty cool, I'll try and add pictures later.

Pirate

That is an awesome creation Zeek! The guilliotine construction is very nice.

It seems to be you have quite an army collection as well. :thumbup: