On a scale of 1 to 5  

110 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• 1 - Poor
    • 2 - Below Average
    • 3 - Average
    • 4 - Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding!

Pictures are a little grainy but they are still good enough for the review! Thanks for it, I think you did a good job on it!

*insert comment about how Lego needs to make larger street baseplates*

Great review.Is there a small bed for driver in the cabin?

Yes it does! And a flat screen TV! It's awesome!! :wub: :wub:

thanks to all of you :classic:

And a huge thanks to all reviewer that did the other 299 reviews, I enjoyed reading each of which

Nice review. I really like the front of this truck. It's very nicely designed, and with all of these LEGO sets stacking inside the container, I could not be surprised if there is an official LEGO Shop set. :sweet:

That is one great review of the new truck! Tanks alot for this.

It is really nice that TLC gives us a new truck. A very nice feature is of course the new stickers with the "sets".

Thanks for the great review and congratulations on the 300th review! If my memory serves me correctly, Izzy's city minifigs set review was the 200th. Time passes quickly... :blush:

Although that it's HUGE, it's a very nice vehicle. Like WhiteFang said, the truck's front is very nicely built and is different from the usual truck structures we had so far.

Thanks again! :sweet:

I was indeed the 200th Reviewer, time does fly and it is great to see a hundred more sets being reviewed since then. Congrats der seb!

This set really appeals to me. I think it is because I am a sucker for blatant advertising and the trademark yellow colour and LEGO logo are just awesome. I have had no particular desire to buy any other City vehicle sets but I think this one could look pretty sweet up on my shelf. I think I might get this one... stickers ( :angry: ) and all.

Thank you very much for this great review, der seb! :classic:

I voted for

outstanding :wub:

since this set is a perfect redesign of the classic Lego Truck.

Con:

-doors only 4 studs tall (instead of 5 studs)

-with 30 Euros imo too expensive (25 would have been ok)

Pro:

-two minifigs

-driver's cab with bed and screen

-mini Lego sets :wub:

Klaus-Dieter

It's a great-looking model ... but it's just too damn big. It's almost a Model Team set. There's no way it'll fit on the Town road plates.

Pictures are a little grainy but they are still good enough for the review! Thanks for it, I think you did a good job on it!

*insert comment about how Lego needs to make larger street baseplates*

LEGO already increased the size of their street plates once. They used to have seven studs in the margin, leaving six studs in each lane. (plus the two four-stud bike lanes). LEGO changed that to six studs in the margin and no bike lane at some point (not totally sure).

The newer road plates have two 9-stud lanes-- plenty of space for a truck like this, which is only 7 studs wide at its widest point. In fact, I've found that when MOCing, trucks at a reasonable minifig scale (I use 1/36 scale) need only be seven studs wide at maximum, and eight studs wide is tolerable but not necessary. Only in action themes like Agents will the trucks be made larger, chiefly for play value.

Thanks for the review! :classic::thumbup:

Lol, I must say I love the licence plate. :tongue:HA! We're advertising in your face! :tongue:

I love the look of this truck, I think I'll buy it. :classic:

however the trailer is very very poor, literally just a box on wheels, a real shame

What else could it have been? That's basically what truck trailers are in real life: giant boxes on wheels. They're meant for transport.

I really like this model; I doubt the wife will let me get it (money is really tight, and I haven't been able to buy any LEGO for months), but it's a great model.

(Actually, even if I could get it, I'm not sure where I would store it)

The newer road plates have two 9-stud lanes-- plenty of space for a truck like this, which is only 7 studs wide at its widest point.

I think the issue is more the length than the girth ("That's what she said!"). There's no way this truck would be able to turn a corner on a Lego roadplate.

I think the issue is more the length than the girth ("That's what she said!"). There's no way this truck would be able to turn a corner on a Lego roadplate.

Point well-made. Although I can hardly picture a truck like this on a two-lane road anyway. If LEGO were to do new plates for this sort of truck, they'd have to be the huge kind so as to fit a four-lane highway. And at that point, you're probably better off customizing, because there's no way you could make a true highway anything but straight with prefabricated road plates.

Thanks for the awesome review. This is certainly an excellent set and reminds me very much of the old Legoland truck. But this one actually has a trailer! And little sets to haul around! Too cool! I must admit the features of the cab are very cool, but do you have any more pictures that we can see the inside better? :classic:

*Added to wish list*

Wow, what a truck...

Really :wub: the smooth design of the cab!

:laugh: the cute lttle LEGO sets

Doesn't matter if it's a bit too large for my old road plates, and 30 EUR isn't too outrageous for an exclusive/hard-to-find set that big.

a worthy succesor of

tn_6692-1_jpg.jpg

and

tn_1525-1_jpg.jpg

(pictures courtesy of Brickset)

That's pretty cool, der seb. My older brother (who hates LEGO) actually wanted me to go back. :laugh:

Con:

-with 30 Euros imo too expensive (25 would have been ok)

Truck is now listed on Swiss Website

http://shop.lego.com/Product/?p=3221

50 CHF - actually not too bad a price...

30 Euro in Germany / Austria

I bought my City Truck yesterday for only 19,95€ at our "Müller". Also mytoys sells it right now for 19,99€. :classic:

Edited by Nebsirob

Got this Truck today for 19,99€ in Legoland Günzburg (they also had the new Kingdom Sets there, not released in DE officially!) ... i really like it and its the first set since a lot of time where i put the stickers on.

A really awesome truck for that price!

Yes, the 1x2x2 panel is the new one with bridges :sceptic:

Interesting, my set has the old style panels w/o the side support. My only knock on this set, aside from the sheer length of it, is the fact that the panels leave an unsightly gap at the back of the cab. The gap is somewhat covered up by the smoke stacks and may not look as bad if your set includes the new panels.

Thanks for this detailed review! :thumbup:

I actually very much like the cab which loooks very smooth and - amazingly for a set - doesn't dhow off too many off those nasty studs :tongue:

The idea that it's carrying Lego sets it's pretty smart and pretty good product placement I guess!

Of course they're far too few, however the build would have been to repetitive more and also pricing more unfortunate, so it's ok.

Interesting, my set has the old style panels w/o the side support. My only knock on this set, aside from the sheer length of it, is the fact that the panels leave an unsightly gap at the back of the cab. The gap is somewhat covered up by the smoke stacks and may not look as bad if your set includes the new panels.

Ah, I can imagine that makes quite a difference, but I'm sure TLG service will send you the new ones for them if you explain in an e-mail.