Sign in to follow this  
echobasehoth

8095 griveous fighter

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

My son and i received our package from amazon today. we immediatly started on the grievous fighter. i was so excited with the build that i forgot shooting pictures, but here is some of the final result. its a very very nice set.

old/new comparision

the new one is heavier and bigger

carsphoto001.jpg

slide function for the cockpit

carsphoto003-1.jpg

sideview

carsphoto004-1.jpg

carsphoto006-1.jpg

frontview

carsphoto005-1.jpg

backview

carsphoto007-1.jpg

cockpit (stikcers)

carsphoto008-1.jpg

very nice detail for the missiles

carsphoto010-1.jpg

bottom

carsphoto011-1.jpg

Thanks for the review. This set looks better than what was expected before.

I like the control panel, the cockpit and the sides.

Also, I didn't think it was a big as it was. :thumbup:

Nice! I really like this set, although I'm a bit disappointed that there are stickers, since TS3 sets don't have any. :sceptic:

Wow, they're closer than I thought. I'd like the new Grievous more if his head was smaller, that'se only thing that bugs me. It's interestong that we're only getting 'mini reviews', not actual full-length review for the Augest sets.

I have the original one, and so didn't think I needed this newer redesign, but it is just way better than the first one. I might have to actually figure out how to get this one, when it becomes available in the US.

Thanks for the review.

I still don't know if I should buy this or not, and if I'll do it would be for the figures as I have the old starfighter already - unless the new one is better, that is.

Could we maybe see some shots of the figures, including Grievous' possible poses?

~ General Magma

Heck I'm not skipping this one - thanks for the photos 'echobasehoth' - the general himself is better in my opinion.

The starfighter is AWESOME - heaps of trim - more missiles too. :grin:

I wonder where the four lightsabers are stored to eh ? It doesn't look like anywhere on this craft.

I actually prefer this one to the older one - of which I do have one.

I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

This reminds me of the newer ARC-170 in that it look like the same basic set with a bunch of extra pieces slapped on. That and the pointless stickers and the overmolded minifigures. (But at least the clone pilots' helmets in the ARC-170 were accurate...) Even the moving guns and the sliding mechanism is more or less the same. But I suppose it's a little more accurate... Badgerboy's UCS General Grievous's starfighter is so much better...

Are there even supposed to be thrusters behind the cockpit? I don't remember ever seeing them there in Revenge of the Sith - all the thrust came from the large ovular things on either side of the main body.

I wish they had kept the older Grievous around longer - I think he was only in like two sets? The new one is ugly and was obviously very costly to produce.

Thanks for the pictures. I like the increase in size and the more detailed fig. I can't wait until these get to the USA.

I'm with Cam on this one. The larger ship looks much better than the original did, and the new Grevious looks fantastic, at least until you put th second pair of arms on :sick:

Still, overall I like the set, and will probably buy it. Eventually. On sale? The new CTT is my biggest priority this wave.

I comparison to the original fighter the new one looks to be a vast improvement. This is definitely one of the best revamps of an older model Lego has done in a while.

I wonder where the four lightsabers are stored to eh ? It doesn't look like anywhere on this craft.

Remember, this set also comes with an operation chair for Grevious on a plate that has a holder for the lightsabers.

I'm with Cam on this one. The larger ship looks much better than the original did, and the new Grevious looks fantastic, at least until you put th second pair of arms on :sick:

Still, overall I like the set, and will probably buy it. Eventually. On sale? The new CTT is my biggest priority this wave.

Seconded. I thought the old Grevious was crap; the new one is excellent, except for the attchment of the second pair of arms. Mine will stay in a two arm config for this reason. the ship is a nice update to the original, which was pretty nice in its own right.