On a scale of 1 to 5  

70 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• 1 - Poor
    • 2 - Below Average
    • 3 - Average
    • 4 - Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding

Thanks for this great review. Very detailed and with lots and lots of good quality pictures. I was excited reading this. :-)

I think this set is good; it's pricey, but with the translucent parts, the minifigs, and the design, it's sort of worth the money.

Great review! I love the new warrior fig. I might have to reconsider if I want to get this! :grin:

Masked Out

Thank you for this review with these lovely deteiled pictures!

Funny how we were supposed to collect the atlantis key rings, when they are all included in the portal anyway...

Regarding the swim-around-the-gate issue, I think we have to imagine the gate is embedded in a rock wall, maybe like the squid gate in the lego atlantis movie. Obviously an actual lego rock wall around the gate would raise the piece count ridiculously :tongue:

Why would the shark people need a bed?

The way I see it, it's meant to show that the place was once inhabited. Somehow I don't think the bed's been used for a while. Certainly adds a level of eerieness to the place.

Great review; glad to see it finished.

I think the set looks good,but there is 1 thing I dont like.The cover for the instructions looks like it was badly fotoshoped.

Other than that the set looks great.

Gamer.

Brickset say I have 900+ minifigures, but the Atlantis minifigures are the coolest I got. Don't know why, I just love them.

Awesome review of this big set. Your pictures are excellent.

A must-have set for me! Gonna get it sooner or later. I didn't even think there would be furniture or even interior included in the building, but that was a really pleasant surprise.

It's also good to get most of the Atlantis figs from one set (aside from the Manta Warrior, which comes in an impulse set anyway). I'll certainly pay the hefty price gladly for getting that many figs and rare parts (especially the black Belville archs, the golden gates and all of the Atlantis discs).

Thanks for the wonderful review!

Wow, a truly spectacular set, I can't wait for it to come out over here! It looks great, and those pauldrons and helmets would be amazing, even for human warriors, can't wait to get my hand son them. Good review mate :thumbup:

LOVE LOVE LOVE the gatekeeper!!! Must have ... Many!!

Seriously, great review! The set looks like it's pretty awesome and has a lot of useable parts for MOCs.

I MUST have this set!!!!

Great to see such a unique design for the flagship set of an aquatic theme.

I haven't been collecting any of the Atlantis sets as I've been putting my money towards others themes, but I'll definitely have to pick up the Portal of Atlantis. There are just too many great things about it to pass up - the wonderful minifigures, fantastic parts, and overall a really cool looking and very playable model. :wub:

Thanks for the review!

Thank you for the nice review :thumbup::classic:

The gate keeper is great. Is he an Atlantian or something else?

I hope he will come in a smaller set next year.

A lot of people have been complaining about the Atlantis gates being useless, as one could just swim over them. Atlantis is a sunken city! The gates were useful before the city was swept into the ocean! Therefore, having gates makes complete sense. :classic:

A lot of people have been complaining about the Atlantis gates being useless, as one could just swim over them. Atlantis is a sunken city! The gates were useful before the city was swept into the ocean! Therefore, having gates makes complete sense. :classic:

8078 on Brickset

You are kind of right. Anyway, it's a toy, it's meant for kids playing with it, and kids have enough imagination to not bother with silly details about what a diver can do and what he can't. And if something in the set does not suit the kids play, the kid will just invent new rules or features.

It's like complaining about the 2009 City Garage not having a roof. A kid can't play with a crane if it's blocked by a roof. So a roof is a no-go.

7642 on Brickset

We are adult, please rebuilt the set to something that suits your need. It can't be that difficult can it.

Either:

it's too small, it lack this and that.....

or:

it's too expensive, over prized.....

:tongue:

Edited by Front

Thanks for taking the time to put together this nice review. I was aware of the set but hadn't really thought about this one much but it has great figures and good colors and parts. I will definately buy one when it becomes available in my neck of the woods.

Wow, what a cool set! There's so many details not featured on the box. :oh:

It looks like there's a truckload of useful parts! The trans-light blue 1 x 4 tiles are to die for (:wub:) as well as the neat marbled frog. Also, it looks like there's a new mold for the tridents. Are they soft and rubbery still?

Thanks for the review! My interest on the set just went up a couple of notches. I'll have to keep a close eye on sales for this set now. :sweet:

EDIT: Since a poll has just been installed, I give this set a 5. Brilliantly designed. :wub:

Edited by ILikePi

Thanks for this great review! I am no fan of Atlantis sets, but that helmet is absolutely stunning! :oh:

Don't really like it, it has some strange things going on: like why is there a bad and a map underwater? Wouldn't they be soggy and in pieces? Also if its a portal to Atlantis why is there a lame Treasure chest behind it? :sceptic: IDK not my kind of set.

Also if its a portal to Atlantis why is there a lame Treasure chest behind it?

Because LEGO can't put an entire city back there and expect people to pay like $800 for it.

Too bad you can't buy imagination.