Siegfried

10213 Shuttle Adventure

Thanks for the high res box art grogall :classic: I am realy loveing this set, I will have enough money by next week and then all I have to do is wait and not be tempted by anything else :tongue:

Beautiful set. Anyone notice the SNOT and retractable landing gear. Its beautiful.... but I will likely not have the funds for it. I would like to buy it and leave on my desk as a tribute to NASA

S@H says "Sorry, item is not available in this country: Norway." :cry_sad:

Where exactly is this set available? Or did it just vanish as quickly as it appeared?

S@H says "Sorry, item is not available in this country: Norway." :cry_sad:

Where exactly is this set available? Or did it just vanish as quickly as it appeared?

Last week in Switzerland it had a list date of 7th July... then 22th July... then released on friday it was 'available now'... and now no longer available in your country?

Either the release has been pulled... or their initial stocks were highly limited (which I doubt)... or some parts of Europe get it sooner than others. Still listed in US$... as 'Coming Soon on 22 Jul 2010'

Even though big label says 'Available June 2010'. So im guessing scheduling issues.

Last week in Switzerland it had a list date of 7th July... then 22th July... then released on friday it was 'available now'... and now no longer available in your country?

Yeah, same here too. :cry_sad:

I dont know whats going on.

I ordered it, along with some other stuff

I got the order shipped email and then upon checking it the shuttle isnt there

I only put the order in because of the shuttle

Have emailed them and am awaiting a response

Its also gone from the website too

I got the order shipped email and then upon checking it the shuttle isnt there

I only put the order in because of the shuttle

:hmpf_bad: I hope they sort that out. I was tempted to press the wife for an order but it's her birthday weekend it's kind of in bad taste. :tongue:

Please post how this goes.

:hmpf_bad: I hope they sort that out. I was tempted to press the wife for an order but it's her birthday weekend it's kind of in bad taste. :tongue:

Please post how this goes.

So you do care (sniff)...

Yey! It has reappeared on S@H with a "coming soon on 30 Jul 2010", so at least it hasn't disappeared from the European release schedule :cry_happy:

Yey! It has reappeared on S@H with a "coming soon on 30 Jul 2010", so at least it hasn't disappeared from the European release schedule :cry_happy:

Confirmed up again on Switzerland... for 30th July.

Edited by roamingstudio

With the current exchange rates, there's no way $99.99USD translates into $159.99AUD. (same goes for all other Lego products). Seriously, the people who do regional pricing here must be brain dead or something, why the hell do we have to keep putting up with it.

With the current exchange rates, there's no way $99.99USD translates into $159.99AUD. (same goes for all other Lego products). Seriously, the people who do regional pricing here must be brain dead or something, why the hell do we have to keep putting up with it.

Its simple. Because of the financial crisis in the US, people are buying less toys. So big retailers like Wal-Mart are using their huge power over their suppliers (far bigger than any Australian retailer will ever have) to press for lower prices for the US to attract customers. That means TLG has to increase the prices elsewhere in order to make up for the subsidies given to the US.

As for why we keep putting up with it, its that or buy no LEGO at all. Me, I try to buy when there is a sale :)

So I got two replies from Lego last night

The first

"I'm sorry to hear you are confused about your order. You'll receive your ordered shuttle in a seperate delivery. It probably will leave our warehouse tomorrow and you will receive another email notification when this happens. Of course we won't charge you for postage twice, don't worry. "

The second which arrived about half an hour after the first

"Due to an error on our website we are not able to ship the shuttle 10231 just yet. If you have ordered other items as well, then these will be shipped straightaway, and item 10213 will be shipped end of June at no further shipping costs.We realise that this is a long time to wait for your product and we are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused to you and your family. We would like to thank you for your patience. "

So its either shipping in the next day or so or at the end of the month.

Not really worried as long as it gets here

Oh and dont get me started on exchange rates on toys, being a toy collector as well as a lego nut I see how it works and retailers will charge what they think they can get away with.

Our American brothers/sisters have it best when it comes to pricing on toys simply due to the size of the population and you will never ever see lego clearanced in oz to the extent that i have seen online in the US

Edited by Hemish

What do you mean? There are three tanks in that picture and they all look right to me.

The ET (central orange thing) is 90 degrees out of phase.

(BTW, only the ET, External Tank, is a tank; the SRBs, Solid Rocket Booster, are rockets. :wink: )

Great pictures. I just wish this set looked more realistic in terms of stickers and stuff, similar to the 7470 set.

What do you mean? There are three tanks in that picture and they all look right to me.

The ET (central orange thing) is 90 degrees out of phase.

(BTW, only the ET, External Tank, is a tank; the SRBs, Solid Rocket Booster, are rockets. :wink: )

Word of advice; never question Sinner on anything remotely technological, you'll be killed by all the smugness emanating from his posts :tongue:

I'm loving the use of pieces for this set, the brown on the tank, curved white and normal brick pieces intrigue me greatly, since my Iceberg Lounge set me back significantly on that front. I'm becoming more interested in this set now, espeically since my annual/occasional James Bond obsession has kicked in and I want to add a giant laser on top of it.

And someone can call me out on how ridiculously unscientific that is :look:

Batbrick! :devil:

:wub:

Great pictures... but isn't that tank attached wrong? :look:

Whoever built that display model did a sloppy job in general. In some of the other pictures, you can also see that several bricks are not attached firmly. :tongue: