Sign in to follow this  
Ferdik

X-wing

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

Do you think there will be a new X-wing with the new Luke? The old ones sold really well and is it time for an upgrade?

Do you think there will be a new X-wing with the new Luke? The old ones sold really well and is it time for an upgrade?

The old X-Wing is still available and for sale and at my local Toys'R'Us so I wouldn't expect a new one yet........

Not anytime soon being like CT said the old one which is awesome, is still available. TLG usually waits a few years inbetween remaking models, in some cases it is many years.

I guess I will build the minority, but I think that 4502 is not such a great model. I have to admit that the X's shape is really difficult to capture, and TLC did an ok job designing it in 2003, but if there is one set that really deserves an upgrade, it is the X-Wing.

Flaws of 4502: colour sceme, general shape too pointy, cockpit too sparse, lasers too short, terrible landing gear, engines placed with too much space in between, motor shape off, back shape off

Just my 2 cent. I think next year there'll be a redesign.

The Current X-Wing model has been available since 2004. Set 6212 came out in 2006 and Lego hasn't stopped producing it yet, that I know of. I don't have any insider information, but my personal belief is that we will see quite a few redesigns or maybe just re-releases next year. Here's the sets I think we will see redesigned/re-released next year.

Possible redesigns for 2011:

X-Wing (Originally design released in 1999, and re-releases in 2003. Redesigned in 2004, and new design re-released in 2006, available through 2010).

TIE Fighter (Available as 7146 from 2001, re-released as part of 10131 in 2004, and re-released as 7263 in 2005).

Millennium Falcon (Original design released in 2000, and redesigned in 2004).

Imperial Shuttlecraft (Original design released in 2001, re-released as 7264 in 2005, possibly being redesigned for 10212 in 2010, but there is some controversy whether this is a UCS, or a system set).

Cloud City (Original design released 2003, read some rumors on the forums about this set possibly coming out next year, not sure if these rumors are correct, would be cool though.

Possible re-releases 2011:

B-Wing (Original design released in 2000, redesigned in 2006. Design is good, so I only expect a re-release in 2011).

A-Wing (Original Design released in 2000, redesigned in 2006, and re-released as part of 7754 in 2009. So I don't think we'll see a redesign, maybe just a re-release in 2011).

Y-Wing (Original design released in 1999, re-released in 2002, and 2004, redesigned in 2007, very nice design, so we might only get a re-release in 2011).

The Falcon, Y-wing, and X-wing do not seem like good canidates for a new model, since they were all just available around a year agio, or still available. Especially the falcon, I mean you could buy 2 different versions of it in 2009, you really think they would release another. No they won't.