Sign in to follow this  
paul_delahaye

REVIEW: 7688 Lego Sports Plane

INDEXED

At last I've bought myself this years Airline Promo set, these are actually always good little sets, normally priced around £15 GBP if you can get them on the planes, (This year available on KLM airlines apparently) however I picked my copy up on Bricklink for around £25 including shipping to the UK.

The most unusual thing about the promo sets, is unlike regular sets where the front box artwork deplicts the actual size of the set, because these sets need to be sold on planes where storage space is limited, the boxes have to be keep very small. This means you get a lot of bricks for the size of the box. This years set contains 105 bricks, and no sticker sheets :-)

Front of Box

box_front.jpg

Back of Box

box_back.jpg

Bags

bags.jpg

Instructions

instructions.jpg

Random Page

random.jpg

Contents

contents.jpg

Minifig (possible new torso?)

minifig.jpg

I'm not 100% sure on whether all of these are new bricks, the canopy is very good and I'm sure this is new, the wheel arches may have been seen previously in a racers set? I also forgot to shwo the 2 x 4 white tile which is also a new piece for 2010.

New Bricks, New canopy, and what appears to be smaller plane wheel holders,

new_parts_1.jpg

Possible new wings as well?

new_parts_2.jpg

Step by Step Building Instructions

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

Just fix the propellor on!

16.jpg

Final Pic

final.jpg

In comparison with previous Airline Promos

This years set is a good little set, it's a shame there is only 1 minifig as we have nearly always seen 2 in the past. The cockpit canopy is really good.

Here is a little reminder of previous airline promos:

1808.jpg

0thumb.jpg

2008_03080001.jpg

7643.jpg

2064-1.jpg

2531.jpg

I don't remember this one!

4778-1.jpg

Edited by TheBrickster

Thanks for sharing this review, paul_delahaye. I was not aware of the existence of this set 'till I saw your topic :blush:

Could you please just resize all pics to a maximum dimnsion of 800 pixels? It is quite painful to have to load 1400+ to 3000 pixel large pics :sad: Thank you!

LuxorV

I tried to make the pictures smaller, I turned the mega pixals right down on the camera which is why some of the pics are blurry, I just wish there was a simple program where you could put you picture into it, tell it the size you want the picture and it saves it as requested.

If anyone can resize, please go ahead.

Paul

Thanks for the review 'paul_delahaye' - I didn't know of this one either, and it's very COOL ! :grin:

Love that little cart I do indeed ! :wub:

The plane is pretty good too, dam I want one of these sets........but I won't be flying KLM any time soon ! :sad:

I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

I wish QANTAS had these promos so I could get one next time I fly. But it seems like the only way to get one is to fly an European airline :(