1. 1. Vote your opinion

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Here it comes, arrived today from amazon.fr:

8090 Clone Turbo Tank, better known as Juggernaut.

In "Reality" this is an amzing vehicle with a length of 50 meters, a height of 30 meters, with a maximum speed of 100 mph, heavily armed and capable of carrying up to 300 clone troopers.

But lets see the TLC's second try to create a modell of this monster:

titel.jpg

Front side:

1.jpg

Back side:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jansued/8098/2.jpg

with this contents:

3.jpg

also with two instructions booklets. At the beginnung the bag groups are shown:

1- Minifigs and Armory

2- Sceleton

3-Wheels

4- Armor plates

4.jpg

On the last page, there is a nice poster:

5.jpg

Sometimes I ask myself what kind of costumers TLC is expecting to buy a +100$ set?

6.jpg

Bag No. 1:

A small AT-RT, a command module and a weapons cache.

7.jpg

IMHO one of the definitive highlights:

8.jpg

9.jpg

And - I guess awaited by a lot guys in this forum:the new minifigs:

10.jpg

12.jpg

Cad Bane is one of the best SW Minifigs TKC ever done...

11.jpg

Then the building starts. Nothing serios, biggest problem was to differ between dark grey and black. And to get used to yellow bricks..

13.jpg

BTW: Which side is the front and which the backside? This is the smaller ending:

14.jpg

and this the wider ending:

15.jpg

Sceleton and wheels are done - a little bit repetitve, but ok.

16.jpg

Here is the weakest part of the model: the fragile lookinmg axles. This don't fit to a monstrous tank. The middle axle has a suspension system, the others are paired.

17.jpg

In the last phase, a lot of armor plates are built and attached to the sceleton. More yellow.

18.jpg

The base of the grenade launcher at the side could be a new part, I guess.

19.jpg

A nice surprise: The AT-RT and the Command Capsule can be attached to the large bay doors.

20.jpg

21.jpg

The back (?) side:

22.jpg

Right behind the cockpit, theres room for the weapons module:

23.jpg

Set#: 8098

Name: Clone Turbo Tank

Theme: Star Wars

Release: Aug 2010

Pieces: 1141

Minifigs: 3; Anakin Skywalker, Ayla Secura, Cad Bane, 2 Clone Troopers, Ashoka Tano

MSP: 129.99.- €

My rating:

Playability: 4/5.

The Weapon Systems of the Tank are disappointing.e.g. compared to an AT-TE. A little gun here, a little gun there. Time to mod.. But the AT-RT and other small stuff rescue some points.

Design: 3/5.

The fragile Axles. The fragile Axles. The fragile Axles. The fragile Axles. The fragile Axles. The fragile Axles. Would have taken some pieces for 5€ to fix it. Or give the suspension of the middle axle to every axle. Also I don't like the use of yellow and the interior could be a little more detailed...

Parts: 2/5

Lots of technic. Some gray plates. Nothing really exciting.

Minifigs: 4/5

Here we go. Cad Bane and Ayla. But are they really worth buying the whole set? I dunno. I like my aeralight Ayla even better.

Price:

If I compare this set with the AT-TE I don't see why the CTT is +30.-€ I bought it because the Juggernaut ist missing in my collection and the kids can play better with it than with the AT-TE ( the missing leg syndrome).

Overall

I'm not sure. If this set would be 100.-€ I would have a definitive better feeling. For 130.-€ I feel like I payed a lot of money for a tank missing big guns and a real massive look.

PS No. 1:

Yes, it can fly.

es_fliegt.jpg

PS No.2:

Hot Chicks going for big walkers...

groundklein.jpg

Edited by WhiteFang
Indexed

Great review! :thumbup:

For a set that size, it is overpriced by atleast $40. The outside looks better than the previous but the interior is quite pathetic really. :sceptic: If I get this I'll definitely remove those disgusting yellow bricks and swap them for light grey. Hopefully something interesting will be added by me inside the main section. Anything is better than what TLC have done here...

The interior functions score 0/10, and they are lucky to get that. :sadnew:

However, I'm fine with the figures!

Thanks again. This has helped me into making a decision! :classic:

I have nothing with driving vehicles in the LSW line, only thing I like from this set is the minifig Ayla Secura.

Anyway great review!

Looks like Aayla's going for the bigger one! The AT-RT that is :classic:

Anyways brill review for a set that I so much want to get! Do you have th original one? If so, how does this one compare?

Looks like Aayla's going for the bigger one! The AT-RT that is :classic:

Anyways brill review for a set that I so much want to get! Do you have th original one? If so, how does this one compare?

No, thatold Juggernaut set came out in my dark ages...

From comparison pics the set seems very accurate - but the whole wheel arrangement bothers me

...and is the set somewhat bland? Dunno, somethings amiss but can't out my finger on it

Edited by TheBrickHitHouse

It looks like a great set with loads of features.

The AT-RT looks really good.

Also, I am happy with the minifigures.

P.S. What is with the first picture?

Great pics! I don't really like the vehicle, but the figs and AT-RT are great :thumbup:

Thanks for the review 'jansued' :sweet: - there are good things and bad about this set.

The good are the minifigs, the AT-RT and the little weapons rack and command post, oh did I say Cad Bane....oh silly me I did say minifigs.......Cad Bane ROCKS ! :grin:

The axle issue, hello reinforcement/MODing !

Yellow, I'm 50/50 on that I guess yellow is a safety/warning colour, but on the other hand in the history of SW or CW where is there yellow being used eh ? :wink:

Thanks for the real close up photos - I think we can now make our own AT-RT's from those pictures - SWEET ! :grin:

If I have the dollars free I'll buy this - but sadly I might just have to wait for the cheaper Cad Bane Speeder to come out - I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

Thanks for an early review, jansued!

Cad Bane looks awesome :wub:

yeahp, can't agree with you more on the wheel "axles" :sad:

The LAAT/c pic made it look like a Mini Turbo Tank :laugh:

Thanks for the review. This is a fantastic looking set!

But I'm with you on the axles. The previous version did a better job by building part of the body around them.

img_2575.jpg

Thanks for the review, Jansued.

The AT-RT looks fantastic, and the minifigs are great. But I'm a little underwhelmed by the main set overall. I was expecting a bit...more.

Who am I kidding. I missd the first Juggernaut, so I will almost certainly pick this one up.

A quick question: From what I can see, there is space for two clones in the front cockpit, one clone in the rear cockpit and one in the cannon on top. I sthere any more room for more clones, or do the extras take up all of the interior space?

A quick question: From what I can see, there is space for two clones in the front cockpit, one clone in the rear cockpit and one in the cannon on top. I sthere any more room for more clones, or do the extras take up all of the interior space?

Nah, thats it. I'm just working to get more Space for Clone troopers and more weapons....

Best regards,

JanSued

Nice review, even though the set's a bit... well, meh. The size of the wheels compared to the body is better than on the old one, the axles are way too skinny, the figs are pretty good, but the model itself is very much built like the previous version.

I don't think I'll get this one, maybe if it's on sale.

Nah, thats it. I'm just working to get more Space for Clone troopers and more weapons....

Best regards,

JanSued

That's a shame. But at least this way I won't need any more Clone Walker Battle Packs to fill it.

My opinion always changes after I see someone's review! With another Cad Bane set coming out I thought I might be able to live without Aalya, but I must have been fooling myself. The AT-RT is great (& looks like it could be copied :classic:) & as I didn't get the first Juggernaut, I suppose I will be getting this one. Thanks for the review!

great review 'jansued!'

despite its faults, i will definitely be getting this set. the AT-RT looks brilliant, and those 6 figs are too.

could you please tell me the size of it, eg. the height, width and length? thanks.

Thanks for a close up of Bane finally.

The set dissapoints me, and I'll definetaly just being picking up the figs that I want. I do like osme of the compartments but overall, I just don't like the look of it.

Great review though, I love your intro shot!~

Here it comes, arrived today from amazon.fr:

8090 Clone Turbo Tank, better known as Juggernaut.

In "Reality" this is an amzing vehicle with a length of 50 meters, a height of 30 meters, with a maximum speed of 100 mph, heavily armed and capable of carrying up to 300 clone troopers.

(...)

I have to correct you on this point.

Based on the title of your review and the measurements you have given, you are mistaking this model for the A6 Juggernaut, which 'in reality' would indeed be about 50m long by 30 meters high. This would mean this model would be WAY undersized.

However... this, in actual fact, is a model of the predecessor of the A6 Juggernaut: the A5 Juggernaut, which is 'only' 22 meters long and 15 meters high, with a capacity of 50 troops. That would approximate the scale of this model a whole lot better!

Edited by Alldarker

Clearly LEGO isnt quite to scale :tongue: .

I for one like this set. I missed out on the last one, only have one of the included figures, and love Cad Bane, so i will probably get this one.

Edited by The Legonater

Clearly LEGO isnt quite to scale :tongue: .

I for one like this set. I missed out on the last one, only have one of the included figures, and love Cad Bane, so i will probably get this one.

I like it too - it offers a lot of possibilities for modding....

Thanks for the great review :thumbup:

I've added a poll and frontpaged it.

Great review! Love the pics, especially the shot with the dropship--a nice touch.

I never cared for the design of this vehicle, although Lego has done an admirable job of replicating it in brick form thus far.

Like a few others, I'm not too excited about the tank so much as the awesome figures in this set (Aayala...:wub: :wub:), but there's a few nice play features like the AT RT inside.

I also agree with those who feel the price is quite overstated, but like a lot of SW CW fans, I'm kind of stuck with it and will end up getting this anyway (although I may wait until a nice sale somewheres).

Nice. The wheels do look delicate, though. I won't get this set because of pricing.

I think TLC really outdone theirselves when they designed Cad Bane and Aayla Secura. To me both of them are must haves. But I'm not willing to spend 100€ for this set, let alone 130€! I'll probably get the figs via bricklink. Hope they won't cost more than 12€ each.... Could you take a pic of all the figs in this set?