Sign in to follow this  
ACPin

Oyl, moole, moole, isa maxibig!

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Click the pic for more and come up with your own Gungan phrase to describe this scene!

4570648879_37a4b68e2e.jpg

Overhead view

4573334458_6c2024393a.jpg

AC

Edited by KimT

That landing craft is amazing. :wub: All of that tan. How many pieces are in that thing? Err, approximately.

Part of me wishes that Jar Jar was actually under the landing craft, soon to be squished out of existance :devil:

Not to criticize, because this really is excellent work, but all that open green space needs something. Maybe some brush in the background, or a patch of tall grass. It's just a little too flat, if you know what I mean.

But still, excellent, excellent work yet again, AC.

That landing craft is amazing. :wub: All of that tan. How many pieces are in that thing? Err, approximately.

Part of me wishes that Jar Jar was actually under the landing craft, soon to be squished out of existance :devil:

Not to criticize, because this really is excellent work, but all that open green space needs something. Maybe some brush in the background, or a patch of tall grass. It's just a little too flat, if you know what I mean.

But still, excellent, excellent work yet again, AC.

Thanks and this is what happened after sorting through the tan bricks which I'll be using in a future MOC. There's probably close to 1,000 pieces as the wing span is just over 90 studs.

:laugh: You're supposed to fill in what he had to say about this!

The C-9979 was meant to be photographed as a standalone and the idea hit me to do this scene while dismantling the previous dio. Thus I just used whatever was left of the greenery. So I knew that the landscape wasn't going to be focus of this work. Someday I'll have the C-9979 in a more appropriate battle oriented diorama.

AC

Ah, now I understand. You've done some amazing dios before, so I was kind of surprised this one seemed so sparse.

Oh, and uhh:

Meesa go squishy now.

Ah, now I understand. You've done some amazing dios before, so I was kind of surprised this one seemed so sparse.

Oh, and uhh:

Meesa go squishy now.

Can't help being lazy after all, it was an unplanned MOC and I really needed the workspace for the next one.

AC

Oh that is jjust awesome, I love the size.

If I remember correctly Jar Jar says. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Thanks all for your comments!

Woah! That ship is amazing! The shape is perfect too. :thumbup:

I've used the DK Incredible Cross-Sections as a reference for this and various screen shots from the movie to get the shape as close as possible.

One of my favorite EP1 ships! I wish it had a real presence in the lego world. Amazing work!!!

I remembered vaguely seeing a pic from TLC in a diorama during one of the SW Celebrations. Not likely that TLC would come up with an actual set for this ship.

Oh that is jjust awesome, I love the size.

If I remember correctly Jar Jar says. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

This would probably be UCS scale and am pleased with the outcome even though it was unplanned.

AC

Wow thats really nice. Do you think you could give me some advice on how to do a good MOC. :wink:

AWESOME troop ship 'ACPin'........what would he say....mmm........I could's do with help from me'as Jedi right now !

Well it's the best I could come up with on the hop.

I'm a conformist! everyone and Jar Jar ! :grin:

Is there anything you can't build?

I agree it looks about UCS size.

Wow thats really nice. Do you think you could give me some advice on how to do a good MOC. :wink:

Only if you're willing to go to Dagobah. :yoda:

AWESOME troop ship 'ACPin'........what would he say....mmm........I could's do with help from me'as Jedi right now !

Well it's the best I could come up with on the hop.

I'm a conformist! everyone and Jar Jar ! :grin:

The two Jedi sent him the wrong way to cover their tracks! :sweet:

Is there anything you can't build?

I agree it looks about UCS size.

Been asked that question a lot of times and the answer is still the same. Haven't tried much in Mecha! Someday I'll come up with an SW themed dio with the theme. Everybody knows my forte is SW but when its gets tiresome, I do other themes to mix it up and use techniques that otherwise I won't get the chance to do.

Grady job, your moc are always jaw droping

You better make sure that it doesn't hit the floor. :laugh:

AC