gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hello everyone,

ever since I got my hands on the first MINI sets from Star Wars, I felt there needed to be representations of the characters. I ended up using 3 1*1 round plates stacked upon eachother to represent a clone trooper etc.

Sadly, those weren't really much of a representation.

This year, I began thinking about using smaller versions of things to use in the background of MOCs. (to give the idea of perspective) I used this in my latest brickfilm, by making MINI planes.

Since the planes had open cockpits, I chose to add a pilot to it. Eventually this pilot became a figure, and while trying several things, I found a design I liked.

I present: Tinyfigs :grin:

4565804721_f4cc82f606_o.jpg

These little figures stand an average 7 plates tall. By using 1*1 plates for the torso and feet, and 1*1 round plates for the legs and head, you can make a distinction between those parts, even on this scale. The most important part is that MINI MOCs, who are sometimes in different scales, now have something to base it's scale on.

First up is a Spartan hoplite:

4565764171_758e4a33ab_o.jpg

armed with a thrusting spear and a round shield.

Next up are several Romans (1st century AD):

4566678924_c99bb47e42.jpg

The jumper plate works great here, as the stud acts as the iron ball on the original scutum.

Going on to medieval times, here is a templar knight:

4566404810_7ded4166e5_o.jpg

The dagger works great as a longsword.

Next up is a British soldier from the Napoleonic wars, carrying a musket, shako and backpack.

4565781699_a2c84a43ab_o.jpg

4566415352_f841b1df20_o.jpg

And to conclude, my first tinyfigure I made, a German WWII soldier with a K98k:

4566430590_46ff55241f_o.jpg

He is a bit plain though...

Keep watching this thread, as I'll post more figures to come (not only historical). The MINI MOCs themselves will be posted on this forum aswell.

I hope you like the design, C&C are very appreciated. :classic:

You can also comment on my Flickr.

Thanks for looking

TT

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Absolutely excellent work. I wonder how "city" people would llok in this scale, or is it only suitable for soldiers?

Absolutely excellent work. I wonder how "city" people would llok in this scale, or is it only suitable for soldiers?

Thanks for the replies!

I'll try to get a few examples of "normal" city tinyfigs up here this weekend. :classic:

Oh yes, I forgot to add this picture, Romans forming a shield wall:

4566398628_1dda304434_o.jpg

TT

That's pretty cool. Could they be used for a mini chess set?

They are great :thumbup: It offers possibilities for people with less money to make a large army and you can still recognize the soldiers at this scale.

Very original and also very ingenious!

These are awesome, a great idea.

I like the new microfigures from LEGO, but they can't hold anything. LEGO should make them with clips on each side, but I won't hold my breath.

But I will need to build an army from my mini-Castle, and these are just great.

Really nice! You did good job packing lots of detail into such small space. And it looks like it's roughly the same size of a Microfig, yes?

A small step for the minifigs, a huge step for the AFOLs!

You got some imagination there, don't you? I loved it! :thumbup:

Thanks for the comments, didn't expect that this thread still got attention. :classic:

I suppose these are the same scale as LEGO's microfigures but I don't have any to compare with.

I should get some more designs up here, I'll probaply get to it next month.

Gaetano

Thanks for the comments, didn't expect that this thread still got attention. :classic:

I suppose these are the same scale as LEGO's microfigures but I don't have any to compare with.

I should get some more designs up here, I'll probaply get to it next month.

Gaetano

You were very inspiring to me. Although I'd seen a blog on these tiny guys before, and there's a PDF guide on micro castle building at class-castle.com, yours were the best I'd seen. I also decided to try my hand, and while I posted a link to this picture in my thread on modular mini castles, it seems appropriate here, too, especially since you wanted to see some scale with "official" microfigures.

Oh... in case it's not clear, that's supposed to be a wizard... I was in a silly mood.

micro_small.jpg

Very nice! I like the amount of detail you are able to put into each design.

I wish there was a way to make some kind of minifig for my Modulex bricks.

Karyn

I love every... single tiny minifigĀ“s, specially the romans are cool ones. Its cheap and wont need lots of parts to create one, any pics for the pieces?

Captain Becker

Very clever... great work! Maybe I should try this... :sweet: