Calabar

[KEY TOPIC] Official LEGO Sets made in LDD

8852 Robot - Model B - Theme: Technic - LXF File <LDD 4.3.8>

8852-b.png

[Brickset][Bricklink][Peeron]

Errors:

1 X x187 Light Gray Technic, Gear 24 Tooth (Old Style with Three Axle Holes) replaced with 1 X 3648 Technic, Gear 24 Tooth (New Style with Single Axle Hole)

3651 Light Gray Technic, Axle and Pin Connector replaced with 32013 Light Gray Technic, Axle and Pin Connector Angled #1

4273a Light Gray Technic, Axle and Pin Connector Toggle Joint Toothed - Without Slots replaced with 32126 Light Gray Technic, Axle and Pin Connector Toggle Joint Smooth

3 X 4442 Light Gray Technic Plate 1 x 8 with Toothed Ends are missing so the steering mechanism had to be revised using 2 X 32069 Light Gray Technic, Steering Arm with Pins, 6630 Light Gray Technic, Gear Rack 1 x 8 with Holes, 2 X 3710 Light Gray Plate 1 x 4 and steering wheel mechanism slightly modified (replacing 4019 Light Gray Technic, Gear 16 Tooth (Old Style with Round Holes) with 32269 Light Gray Technic, Gear 20 Tooth Double Bevel and replacing 4265a Light Gray Technic Bush 1/2 Toothed Type I with 6590 Light Gray Technic Bush and replacing 3706 Black Technic, Axle 6 with 44294 Black Technic, Axle 7 )

2 X 4261 Light Gray Technic, Steering Arm replaced with 2 X 32068 Light Gray Technic, Axle and Pin Connector Perpendicular 3L with Pin Hole

2 X 3749 Light Gray Technic, Axle Pin without Friction Ridges Lengthwise replaced with 2 X 32062 Black Technic, Axle 2 Notched for connectivity reasons in ldd

2 X 3701 Black Technic, Brick 1 x 4 with Holes replaced with 2 X 32523 Black Technic, Liftarm 1 x 3 Thick because it was colliding with the steering mechanism

Missing prints:

1 X 3069bp05 Yellow Tile 1 x 2 with Black Grille Pattern

Input is welcome.

All Sets made in LDD 4.3.8

41010 - Olivia's Beach Buggy - Theme: Friends

41010.png

LXF File

Errors:

Missing minidoll body parts

All decorations are missing or incorrect

41020 - Hedgehog's Hideaway - Theme: Friends

41020.png

LXF File

Errors:

All decorations are missing

41021 - Poodle's Little Palace - Theme: Friends

41021.png

LXF File

Errors:

41022 - Bunny's Hutch - Theme: Friends

41022.png

LXF File

Errors:

41023 - Fawn's Forest - Theme: Friends

41023.png

LXF File

Errors:

41024 - Parrot's Perch - Theme: Friends

41024.png

LXF File

Errors:

41025 - Puppy's Playhouse - Theme: Friends

41025.png

LXF File

Errors:

30215 - Legolas Greenleaf - Theme: The Hobbit

30215.png

LXF File

Errors:

30216 - Lake-Town Guard - Theme: The Hobbit

30216.png

LXF File

Errors:

RALEIGH - Lego Store Grand Opening Crabtree Valley Mall Raleigh NC LIghthouse - <LXF File> v4.2.8

crabtree_valley_mall_lighthouse.jpg

Brickset - Rebrickable

Error: plates round 1x1 transparent dark blue replaced with transparent blue

Note: this mini-lighthouse was inspired by the Hatteras Lighthouse (NC).

Edited by Calabar

@Vee

Two things.

- When you report uncommon sets as this one, provide a link where I can verify the entry.

- The image is oversized for such a small set. The 512x size is good for big sets.

Thanks! :wink:

Edited by Calabar

Lego Store Grand Opening Crabtree Valley Mall Raleigh NC LIghthouse - <LXF File> v4.2.8

Errors:

- plate special 2 x 2 with bar frame octagonal (black) replaced with a plate round 4x4

Why didn't you use the actual piece? I'm not sure I see a reason for the replacement.

Edited by Classicsmiley

Why didn't you use the actual piece? I'm not sure I see a reason for the replacement.

I could not and can not find it in LDD. If you know where it is please let me know how to find it.

30033 or 75937, in the modified plate section. I suspect that 75937 is the correct version, as it has cutouts for brick corners.

Thank you! Found them. I will use the 30033. It is the part listed by Brickset (and the part I used to build my copy :classic: ). I don't know how trustable Bricklist is but since the rest of the list seems faithful, their original source must be good. I built this without instruction, just using the material list from Bricklist and the one picture you can find of this lighthouse finished in the internet.

Also, I didn't know I could type the number of the piece in LDD to search for it.

Edited by Vee

I don't know how trustable Bricklist is

Brickset gather parts informations directly from TLG database, so it should be reliable.

Thanks for fixing quickly your entry. As Brickset reports a set's number, I'll edit it again to add that this info.

What abut official building instructions?

Edited by Calabar

OK, let me try not to make a confusion again here.

I just noticed that I wrote that I got the parts list from Brickset (and then I said wrongly "Bricklist") but the parts list is from Rebrickable actually and it almost matches the parts list that also exists in this site, toysperiod. This toysperiod's list has the round 1x1 as transparent blue (which exists in LDD) while Rebrickable has it as transparent dark blue. Since Bricklink has for sale the piece in trans-dark blue - so the color exists for the part - and since the set looks better in trans-dark blue, I chose to believe in Rebrickable. Also, Rebrickable lists 121 total pieces while toysperiod lists 122. 121 is the correct number according to the pictured original package, one more reason to trust Rebrickable (also the 121 parts were perfect to build the lighthouse as pictured).

Brickset itself has no parts list for the set.

(Toysperiod lists one extra yellow 2x3 plate as the only yellow piece in the set. Rebrickable lists the yellow 2x3 plate as a spare part)

Edited by Vee

Finally i found out how to properly share sets here :P Please correct me if i do any mistakes. Below are 6 of my LEGO Starwars LDD rebuild since my HDD Crashed :P

8039 Venator-class Republic Attack Cruiser â„¢

Theme : Star Wars

Sub Theme : The Clone Wars

Year : 2009

8039-2.png

LXF File v4.3.8

Grouping is organized by each individual steps

1135 Pieces

Errors

* No Minifigures

* 1 brick was not placed correctly and has been removed from the model (although i have no idea which piece is that)

* No Stickers / Decals

10179 Ultimate Collector's Millennium Falcon â„¢

Sub Theme : Ultimate Collector Series

Year : 2007

10179-2.png

LXF File v4.3.8

5134 Pieces

Errors

* No Minifigures

* No Display Stand

* No Stickers / Decals

10188 Death Star â„¢

Sub Theme : Episode IV-VI

Year : 2008

10188-2.png

LXF File v4.3.8

3791 Pieces

Errors

* No Minifigures

* No Stickers / Decals

10019 Rebel Blockade Runner

Year : 2001

10019.png

LXF File v4.3.8

1741 Pieces

Errors

* 2 brick was not placed correctly and has been removed from the model (although i have no idea which piece is that)

* No Stickers / Decals

10227 B-Wing Starfighter â„¢

Year : 2012

10227.png

LXF File v4.3.8

1483 Pieces

Errors

* No Stickers / Decals

* Still Figuring out how to Crane The Complex Cockpit onto the stand properly (thus this LXF File only has the B-Wing laying on wing on the floor)

* Minor Cockpit Connector Changes due to collision Errors

Enjoy

Edits : Thank for the feedback Calabar, took me a while to understand "remove both vertical and horizontal blank stripes" :p looking at other screenshots made me understand :D. in anyways corrected the images, and added themes and subthemes to my sets :)

Also i have been LDD-ing a year already :) if anyone is interested to learn how i build these sets using LDD feel free to PM me and i will try and help you :) heck i will also write some articles on how i did it (if i'm free that is :P)

Edit 2 :

10019 Rebel Blockade Runner Doesn't Have Minifigures to Begin With. My bad with wrong info

10188 Death Star Added Minifigures

10179 Millennium Falcon Added Minifigures

Edited by kcoon

@kcoon

Welcome in the LDD Official Sets topic. :classic:

You did an huge work with these Star Wars sets. Very impressive, as introduction!

Your post need only few fixes:

- Images are not cropped, you should remove both vertical and horizontal blank stripes.

- As the sets are so big, I think they deserve the maximum allowed size: 512x pixel.

- You should add the theme to the set's data.

@kcoon

Welcome in the LDD Official Sets topic. :classic:

You did an huge work with these Star Wars sets. Very impressive, as introduction!

Your post need only few fixes:

- Images are not cropped, you should remove both vertical and horizontal blank stripes.

- As the sets are so big, I think they deserve the maximum allowed size: 512x pixel.

- You should add the theme to the set's data.

Hi Calabar :) thanks for the feedback, made changes and updated my photos :)

@kcoon

Thanks for the fast fix.

I noticed that in your sets minifigs are missing.

Without minifigs, I've to tag your sets as incomplete.

Hi wipeoutzone, welcome in the LDD Official Set topic.

It seems it is a period rich of new entries!

About your question, you have to use an external file hosting.

The most used here is brickshelf, that allows to host both LEGO related images and cad files and to hotlink them.

Don't forget to read the rules in the first page before adding a new entry here! :wink:

Edited by Calabar

8060 Typhoon Turbo Sub - Theme: Atlantis

typhoon_turbo_sub_8060.png

LXF File (LDD 4.3.6)

Errors:

• Part 4570662 could not be generated in LDD (Page 3)

Edited by wipeoutzone
Uncropped image converted in text link.

@wipeoutzone

It seems you didn't read the rules in the first topic! :tongue:

The entry is heavily irregular, please read the rules in the first page of the topic and look at other entries as example to fix it.

Ask me, if you need any help.

Edited by Calabar

hi Calabar,

noted, i will try add in the mini figures and notify you soon :) i'm now hard at work on 6211 Imperial Star Destroyer - my stepping stone to 10030's Imperial Star Destroyer :)

42009 - Mobile Crane MkII - Technic

42009_mobile_crane_mkii.png

42009_mobile_crane_mkii.lxf

11955 not in LDD - replaced by 10928

4 axles 32062 are not placed correctly. It was not possible to make the 5L grey beam rotate a proper angle (see book 2 page 17 and 22) because that would not leave enough space for the black beam.

Parts mentioned above are grouped together.

Parts 32270 and 50951 aside the model should be placed in the crane arm as in book 6 page 7 and page 62 but there is too little space between the internal and external part of the crane arm. That may be due to the fact that rubber tyres can be compressed in real life but not in LDD.

Motor 99499c01 replaced by a template.

Strings 63142 are not flexible in LDD.

Edited by marco9999

I'm sorry. Could you tell me what's wrong?

It seems you don't want to read the rules in the first page of this topic. Please, do it, a little effort is required for all contributors. I'm available to help, but I need a bit of collaboration.

The first way to see what's wrong in your post is to see other entries and look for the differences! :wink:

In brief:

• Set's data are not clear and has not been highlighted. Theme has not been specified.
  • The image is not a screenshot of your creation but a rendered image of the set taken somewhere.
  • The image is oversized (I suggest no more than 320x pixel for this set).
  • The image is not cropped (You should remove blank borders from the image)
  • It seems you did confusion when you build the error list. I edited it, but maybe the list have to be completed.
  • Your set has not been build with the last version of LDD, then you have to report the version you have used. I added this information when I edited your post.

NOTE: for a good quality screenshots you can follow this guide.

Edited by Calabar

Ummm okay I will resize it and add theme and set info, but what in the world is wrong with the picture? I rendered it myself and it took a long time. What is wrong with a rendered image? Also, I did build it in the latest version of LDD. And what about the error list? Why is it not "complete"?

@wipeoutzone

The set is almost regular now, you should only replace the image.

What is wrong with a rendered image?

The answer is very simple: it violates the third rule about images in this topic (not read yet? :tongue: ).

You can provide the rendering as an extra using a text link.

PS: note that the image as is now is not well cropped.

Also, I did build it in the latest version of LDD.

I opened the file and it results made with LDD 4.3.6. The last version is 4.3.8.

And what about the error list? Why is it not "complete"?

I told "maybe", because when I edited your post I removed some entries under "Errors", because these entries was meaningless. I thought you could have tried to add some other error without success.

If the list is exhaustive with a single entry, there is nothing to change.

PS: it should be better to identify the missing part with the Design ID instead than the Element ID, because the Design ID is easier to find in the parts database over Internet.

In this case the part should be this one, whose Design ID is 89162 and colour Tr. Yellow.

Edited by Calabar