Calabar

[KEY TOPIC] Official LEGO Sets made in LDD

The file is fine, its on imageshack but when I try to link to the IMG it says I'm not permitted to link this file type.

The problem is not the file, but the way you use to host it.

I saw you attach the lxf file using forum's function, but remember in this way you used about 3/4 of you storage space available, so you will be not able to do it again, because the lack of available space.

About images hosted by imageshack, there isn't any problem with the forum: I used imageshack many time.

How did you include the images? You simply have to encase the direct link of the image with the "img" tags.

[ img ] image_direct_link [ /img ] (without spaces)

That doesn't bother me at all, I just thought I'd share what I have done with everyone else, happy for someone to point out improvements etc, when I get around to it I may duplicate a few of the minifigs. The main reason I didn't is there is absolutely no pirate decorations what so ever and they would all look almost identical save a hat and clothing colour.

Eheh, but in 1989, lego minifigs was almost identical anyway! :tongue:

However, you could use different decals among those available.

As we know LDD has not all parts and decorations, we could consider "how LEGO would have done this set if only these parts would been available?".

It's a choice of your own, however.

PS: note that the image should be a preview that allow other user to easily identify the set.

As the Barracuda is a big set, you should use a bigger image (in this case, the maximum size allowed of 512 pixel is adequate).

This time I modified the post for you. ;)

About images hosted by imageshack, there isn't any problem with the forum: I used imageshack many time.

How did you include the images? You simply have to encase the direct link of the image with the img tags.

[ img ] image_direct_link [ /img ] (without spaces)

It was probably user error on my behalf, if I get around to doing another model I'll have another go and use imageshack again. Yeah I'm aware I won't be able to upload another lxf file again using my forum allocation, I do have hosting that I will use for any subsequent uploads.

Edited by Myles

8683 - Spaceman - Theme: Collectible Minifigs

Two things:

- The image exceed the maximum size allowed (512x512, or much less for a such small set!)

- The set 8683 should include all 16 minifigures, not only one. Could you complete the series?

Two things:

- The image exceed the maximum size allowed (512x512, or much less for a such small set!)

- The set 8683 should include all 16 minifigures, not only one. Could you complete the series?

I'll try to complete the series.

5763 - Dune Hopper - Creator

Main model

5763_dune_hopper.png

LXF

Version 2

5763_vers2.png

LXF

Version 3

5763_vers3.png

LXF

The V-Belt 85543 obviously cannot be connected.

Enjoy.

Edited by marco9999

I just finished 5974-1 Galactic Enforcer with no replacement bricks and only one collision error. When I am not quite so tired, I shall load it here. All I have left to add are the minifigs and I'd rather get some sleep before work instead. I checked to see if the colors were legal, but since this had to be built in extended mode, a lot of bricks showed up unable to be purchased.

8049 Tractor with Log Loader (B-model) - Theme: Technic - LXF file

8049-tractor_with_log_loader-2.png

Errors:

Edited by Tore M

10040: Black Seas Barracuda - Theme: Pirates

Bigger picture at http://www.imageupload.org/?d=21D292D51

Greetings from Australia

I couldn't see it listed so I thought I'd give it a go, knowing that alot of pieces are missing from LDD.

- Hull is using different pieces but managed to make it work, albiet with a bit of customisation.

- Couldn't get strings to function like in real model, don't even know if this is possible.

- Also Wing 4 x 4 Left and right are not in LDD so had to make a few changes there.

- Several other missing parts that I can't remember

- Not all minifigs included in final lxf file

- Managed to get the chest suspended by the hook although the hook system is different as box parts aren't included in LDD

- No sails

- Probably a fair few tile colour inaccuracies

- Decorations missing or incorrect on minfigs due to not being available in LDD

- No decorations on flags

This model is loaded with errors, and to error-check them all would require plowing through the instruction booklet analyzing each individual step's part inconsistencies-- something I have no patience for on a model this large with this many errors. Many of the parts listed in the Bricklink inventory are missing in your model. There are other parts in which you have nearly twice the number Bricklink says you should. You use many of the wrong parts, such as 3065 where you ought to use 3004, 3066 where you ought to use 3010, and 6188 where you ought to use 4589. And many of these seem to be just careless errors where you didn't even pay attention to which version was correct (for instance, 6188 clearly says "TR", an easy tip-off that it only exists in transparent colors, and 3065 and 3066 clearly are marked as "without pins").

I recommend you use Superkalle's LDD manager to generate a Bricklink parts inventory of your model, and then compare every place where your model's inventory is different from Bricklink's actual inventory of this set. I understand that some of the replacement part constructs necessitate the use of the incorrect parts (part of the reason I would never have attempted the set in the first place). However, there are a lot of errors that have nothing to do with the replacement parts and could easily have been solved by just paying closer attention.

8683 - Spaceman - Theme: Collectible Minifigs

LXF file

Problems:

No torso print available

• The legs assembly is missing the astronaut's toe prints.
  • The laser gun (87993) should be 131 Silver (BL's Pearl Light Gray) rather than 194 Medium Stone Grey (BL's Light Bluish Gray). 131 Silver can be found on my Complete LDD Color Chart.
  • The 3M laser beam (87994) should be 42 Transparent Light Blue rather than 43 Transparent Blue (BL's Trans-Dark Blue).
  • The face-shield (2447) should be 111 Transparent Brown (BL's Trans-Black) rather than 40 Transparent (BL's Trans-Clear).
  • You should probably note in your list of problems that the face print is a substitute.

8041 Race Truck - Theme: Technic - LXF file

Errors:

Some of these "errors" I'm finding are from the Bricklink inventory. I can't be sure Bricklink is accurate about all of these, since they make some errors in this set's inventory. But it might be a good idea to go back through the instructions and see if there are any parts you missed.

• Bricklink says the set should have four Transparent 1x1 round plates (4073). Your model only has two.
  • Bricklink also says the set should have eleven of part 32184. Your model only has ten.
  • Bricklink says the set should have four double-conical gears (32270). Your model only has three.

Other than that, no errors! Great job!

8049 Tractor with Log Loader (Alternate model) - Theme: Technic - LXF file

Errors:

Your model has two worm gears (4716) in 208 Light Stone Grey. Both should instead be in 194 Medium Stone Grey. That seems to be the only error.

• Bricklink says the set should have four Transparent 1x1 round plates (4073). Your model only has two.
  • Bricklink also says the set should have eleven of part 32184. Your model only has ten.
  • Bricklink says the set should have four double-conical gears (32270). Your model only has three.

I went through the instructions again. 1x 32184 was indeed missing (LXF file updated), but the other two seem to be correct. My best guess is that the extra parts are for the B-model, which I'll build later.

Your model has two worm gears (4716) in 208 Light Stone Grey. Both should instead be in 194 Medium Stone Grey. That seems to be the only error.

There are no worm gears in the 8049 B-model, except for the two light stone grey ones which are part of the custom pneumatic pump.

Thanks a lot for the error checking! default_classic.gif

6198 - Sting Ray Stormer - Aquazone

6198.png

Errors:

• Missing printing
  • Missing minifigs
  • Missing magnet elements
  • Missing tubing/hand assemblies
  • Missing 2x6 plate w/ half-saucer elements
  • Uses newer clip elements
  • Uses newer wing elements
  • Propeller assemblies not attached

download lxf

8268 - Scorpion Attack - Technic

8268.png

Errors:

• Missing tubing elements
  • Missing figure
  • Missing scorpion/rubber band assemblies
  • Missing stickers
  • Uses newer blunt shooter elements

download lxf

8233 - MC vs. Stinger - Technic

8233.png

Errors:

• Missing stickers
  • Missing figure
  • Missing wheel/tire assemblies
  • Missing grooved ball element

download lxf

Alright! Way to go with all these sets from my childhood! Time for an error check:

6198 - Sting Ray Stormer - Aquazone

Errors:

• Missing printing
  • Missing minifigs
  • Missing magnet elements
  • Missing tubing/hand assemblies
  • Missing 2x6 plate w/ half-saucer elements
  • Uses newer clip elements
  • Uses newer wing elements
  • Propeller assemblies not attached

download lxf

• All trans-neon green parts should be 49 Transparent Fluorescent Green rather than 311 Transparent Bright Green (the new transparent green introduced in 2010 Atlantis sets, identified as Trans-Bright Green on Brickshelf).
  • The hinge plates 44568 and 44570 can be replaced with the correct hinge plates 4315 and 4213 now that LDD's been updated to 4.1.7.
  • All 1x4 bricks should be part 3010 rather than part 3066.
  • All 1x2 bricks should be part 3004 rather than part 3065.
  • The wedge plates 50304 and 50305 can be replaced with the correct wedge plates 3934 and 3933 now that LDD's been updated to 4.1.7.
  • The hinge plate 95120 could be replaced with the correct hinge plate 4625 if not for the fact that the hinge piece attached to this plate (4857) is not available on LDD. Still, keep this one in mind for future LDD updates, since I'm sure it's only a matter of time before 4857 is added.
  • All 1x2 plates with vertical shaft should be part 4623 rather than part 88072.
  • The magnets (73092) are available, although their holders are not. They can be added and left to the side of the model if you like.
  • All 2x8 bricks should be part 3007 rather than part 93888.
  • You might as well add the minifigs. I don't think that Calabar likes adding sets to the index unless the minifigures are at least attempted. And all the parts are available, even if none of the decorations are.

8268 - Scorpion Attack - Technic

Errors:

• Missing figure
  • Missing scorpion/rubber band assemblies
  • Missing stickers

download lxf

8233 - MC vs. Stinger - Technic

Errors:

• Missing stickers
  • Missing figure
  • Missing wheel/tire assemblies
  • Missing grooved ball element

download lxf

All purple parts should be 104 Bright Violet rather than 124 Bright Reddish Violet. Bright Violet cannot be accessed from the default color palette in LDD Extended Mode. However, it is available in my Complete LDD Color Chart. This seems to be the only error not accounted for in either of these two sets.

8081 Extreme Cruiser - Theme: Technic - LXF file

8081-extreme_cruiser-1.png

Errors:

Edit: Updated with Calabar's fixes.

Edited by Tore M

I've analyzed this, and it seems to be because the liftarm can only snap to different positions on the 2M red x-axle (as is common in LDD), and because of the pre-defined snap-positions, it can not go into the "right" position, and thus it collides with either the 32259 or the 32069 depending on how it snaps.

Reported to TLG, as well as the tires.

2x Black Technic, Axle 4 do not fit in windscreen frame because 2x Light Bluish Gray Technic, Axle and Pin Connector Toggle Joint Smooth do not rotate far enough. Left next to the model.

In LDD it look as 32126 collides with the 15M technic beam which prevents it from being rotated further. So it may be that the physical model is using illegal technic and bends the elements slightly. Can anyone who has built this model with physcial bricks confirm this?

8274 Combine Harvester - Theme: Technic - LXF file

8274-combine_harvester-1.png

Errors:

Edit: LXF updated with correct colors.

Edited by Tore M

8081 Extreme Cruiser - Theme: Technic - LXF file

Errors:

No errors in this model, but just wanted to point out that you use 4019 as a substitute for the unavailable 94925. This isn't an error, but it may help to make note of it in your post to remind you in case it gets added in a future update.

All the orange lights (6141) should be 182 Transparent Bright Orange rather than 47 Transparent Fluorescent Reddish-Orange. You have two in the back of the vehicle that are colored incorrectly; the rest are fine. This is the only error with your model besides the missing pieces you already listed. Great work on two very complex Technic models!

8081 Extreme Cruiser - Theme: Technic

I tried to "fix" the two main issues of the model.

About the tires, even though there is a connection error with the rims (no connection detected by LDD), it is possible to place that in the correct position. So there is no connection still, but the tires appears well placed.

About the windscreen, there are two problems with the technic Axles: Axles are too long and elements are disaligned. So I used shorter axles (Technic Axle 3) and realigned the elements.

Alignment is not perfect (LDD seems to proceed with 1 degree steps), but it is enough good to allow me to place the axles correctly.

Now the model is not perfect, but it looks better, I think! :wink:

Here is the lxf file.

EDIT: looking at an image of the set, the rims seems to be different from those used. Bricklink's Inventory seems to be wrong, than.

The right brick seems to be the 56908, that I can't see in LDD.

8274 Combine Harvester - Theme: Technic - LXF file

Red Hose, Rigid 3mm D. 17L / 13.6cm are in the right place, but seem to be modelled slightly too short in LDD.

Strange, because it seems to be 17L long in LDD? Anyone that can figure out where the problem is?

Good work

LDD can proceed in fewer then 1 degrees if you manualy type in other values in the "increment angle" textbox.

8436 Truck (without implements)

8436truckcopy.jpg

Errors: Pistons & con-rods left out due to difficulty to fit in engine, '5th wheel' couldn't be completely assembled due to current restriction.

Missing & Substituted Parts: Technic Differential New, Plate 2 x 2 with One Stud and Angled Axle, Technic Panel Fairing #1, Technic Panel Fairing #2, Technic Panel Fairing #3, Technic Panel Fairing #4.

LDD can proceed in fewer then 1 degrees if you manualy type in other values in the "increment angle" textbox.

I used textbox, the decimal values seems to be accepted, but LDD moved the model as if it would round the value to the next integer (the value showed in the textbox remain the same I inserted however).

No errors in this model, but just wanted to point out that you use 4019 as a substitute for the unavailable 94925. This isn't an error, but it may help to make note of it in your post to remind you in case it gets added in a future update.

Thanks, I forgot that one. Made a note in the post.

All the orange lights (6141) should be 182 Transparent Bright Orange rather than 47 Transparent Fluorescent Reddish-Orange. You have two in the back of the vehicle that are colored incorrectly; the rest are fine.

D'oh. I even submitted an inventory change request to Bricklink to change them into Transparent Bright Orange, but forgot to change those two. LXF file updated.

About the tires, even though there is a connection error with the rims (no connection detected by LDD), it is possible to place that in the correct position. So there is no connection still, but the tires appears well placed.

About the windscreen, there are two problems with the technic Axles: Axles are too long and elements are disaligned. So I used shorter axles (Technic Axle 3) and realigned the elements.

Alignment is not perfect (LDD seems to proceed with 1 degree steps), but it is enough good to allow me to place the axles correctly.

Thanks, that looks much better indeed. LXF and picture updated.

EDIT: looking at an image of the set, the rims seems to be different from those used. Bricklink's Inventory seems to be wrong, than.

The right brick seems to be the 56908, that I can't see in LDD.

Ouch, that's my bad as I made the Bricklink inventory also default_sceptic.gif Made a note about it in the post.

Strange, because it seems to be 17L long in LDD? Anyone that can figure out where the problem is?

You are right, it is indeed 17L in LDD, but I am not able to see what (if any) error I've done in the model which currently needs a 18L to connect both ends? The inventory listing in the back of the building instructions also lists the 17L.

Edited by Tore M

8081 - Extreme Cruiser, B-Model - Theme: Technic - LXF File

8081b_-_hot_rod_-_512x312.png

Errors:

Edited by P4trickvH