Calabar

[KEY TOPIC] Official LEGO Sets made in LDD

Yesterday I built 8118 Hybrid Rescue Tank from the Exo-Force theme

Errors:

[*]Again, due to an already-reported error, the conical gear (6589) that controls the rotation of the upper module cannot fit where it belongs. It has been left to the side of the model.

Which bug was this now again? Can't remember.

Which bug was this now again? Can't remember.

The gear cannot recess properly into the underside of a Technic plate. The protruding ring on the non-toothed side should be able to fit around the bottom tube of a Technic plate, but it can't because that would require the uppermost part of the gear rising above the bottommost part of the plate, something real life will allow but LDD will not.

It's the first error I reported here. I first encountered it when trying to build 8960 Thunder Driller.

8065 - MINI DUMP TRUCK

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee236/hellomrzebra/LDDScreenShot15.png

FILE: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/merman/8065/8065.lxf

I think someone on Brickshelf beat me to it, but I have reverse built the upcoming 8065 Technic set...

I have not looked at the guy's original file

We only have some differences in the colors of the bucket and a smaller part

Edited by Calabar
Removed image - unreleased set. Should not be in this topic since official instructions not out yet.

These links don't work :cry_sad:

Edited by Superkalle
Removed images - please don't qoute with images in this topic :-)

Today for a bit of easy fun I built most of the sets from the 2002 Dinosaurs theme. Posting them all at once would make it hard to find them from the index, so I'll post them one at a time (each of the larger sets has four models, which will be included together in one post).

First, here's 6719 Brachiosaurus from the Dinosaurs theme.

Model One (Brachiosaurus):

6719_brachiosaurus_a.png

LXF File

Model Two (Diplodocus):

6719_brachiosaurus_b_-_diplodocus.png

LXF File

Model Three (Plateosaurus):

6719_brachiosaurus_c_-_plateosaurus.png

LXF File

Model Four (Plesiosaurus):

6719_brachiosaurus_d_-_plesiosaurus.png

LXF File

In all four, the only major error is that none of the decorations are available, so parts that should be decorated have been left blank. On a lesser note, the neck/tail sections 40395 and 40396 cannot be dual-colored as they should be, so they have been colored only in the main color (sand green). Other sets will have more noteworthy errors: I'm about to report several in the bugs and errors topic. Later today or tomorrow I will post more of these sets.

Edited by Aanchir

@merman

The link to the lxf file is wrong, you linked the icon if the file in bricklink! :tongue:

The image of the set is irregular, you can find all informations in the first post of this topic!

Can you fix these?

Thanks!

EDIT:

I realized now that the set has not been released still (click).

That means that is is not acceptable in this topic: so please delete the image from the post.

@uitzetter

Hi! Can you delete images from quote in your post?

Thanks!

Edited by Calabar

For my next act, 6720 Tyrannosaurus Rex from the Dinosaurs theme!

Model One (Tyrannosaurus Rex):

6720_tyrannosaurus_rex_a.png

LXF File

Model Two (Spinosaurus):

6720_tyrannosaurus_rex_b_-_spinosaurus.png

LXF File

Model Three (Parasaurolophus):

6720_tyrannosaurus_rex_c_-_parasaurolophus.png

LXF File

Model Four (Ouranosaurus):

6720_tyrannosaurus_rex_d_-_ouranosaurus.png

LXF File

Two errors are present in all four models: the printed parts cannot be decorated and the neck/tail pieces 40395 and 40396 cannot be dual-colored (they have instead been colored entirely sand blue).

More coming tomorrow.

7731 - Mail Van / Theme: CITY (NEW) - LXF

7731_mail_van.png

Modifications:

1) No applied stickers on designated parts

2) Improvised mail envelope print

---

7736 - Coast Guard Quad Bike / Theme: CITY (Coast Guard) (NEW) - LXF

7736_coast_guard_quad_bike.png

Modifications:

1) Improvised Coast Guard torso

UPDATE 4/24/2011: Updated to LDD 4.1.

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

It's 6721 Mosasaurus from the Dinosaurs theme!

Model One (Mosasaurus):

6721_mosasaurus_a.png

LXF File

Model Two (Postosuchus):

6721_mosasaurus_b_-_postosuchus.png

LXF File

Model Three (Iguanodon):

6721_mosasaurus_c_-_iguanodon.png

LXF File

Model Four (Dimetrodon):

6721_mosasaurus_d_-_dimetrodon.png

LXF File

Errors:

• None of the decorations are available. Any parts that should be decorated have been left blank.
  • The Technic pins on neck/tail pieces 40395 and 40396 should be colored black, but these parts cannot be dual-colored on LDD. The parts have instead been colored sand blue in their entirety.

Later today, I'll post the last four models I've made: the baby dinosaur sets. The last of the large sets in the theme, 6722 Styracosaurus, cannot be completed to satisfaction because of an error I reported yesterday: specifically, the head piece cannot attach to the neck at all, making it so that only one of the models (the one that does not use the Styracosaurus head) can be completed.

Edited by Aanchir

Today for a bit of easy fun I built most of the sets from the 2002 Dinosaurs theme. Posting them all at once would make it hard to find them from the index, so I'll post them one at a time (each of the larger sets has four models, which will be included together in one post).

I didn't know that this pieces are in LDD

Edited by Superkalle

I didn't know that this pieces are in LDD

Yup! They're in the Minifig Accessories category, along with most other LEGO animals and animal parts (including sharks, dragons, etc).

Anyway, here's the rest of the dinosaurs I've built:

First, 7000 Baby Ankylosaurus from the Dinosaurs theme:

7000_baby_ankylosaurus.png

LXF File

Next, 7001 Baby Iguanodon from the Dinosaurs theme:

7001_baby_iguanodon.png

LXF File

Third, 7002 Baby Brachiosaurus from the Dinosaurs theme:

7002_baby_brachiosaurus.png

LXF File

And finally, 7003 Baby Dimetrodon from the Dinosaurs theme:

7003_baby_dimetrodon.png

LXF File

The only error is that the Technic pin on the neck/tail piece 40396 should have a black Technic pin, with the rest of the part colored differently. Since this is not possible on LDD, it has been colored sand green in set 7000 and sand blue in sets 7001 and 7003.

...And that's all I was able to do yesterday. I'll come up with some other sets to work on, and in the meantime I'll try to fix some of the problems with my older sets like the Castle Giant Chess Set.

@uitzetter

Hi! Can you delete images from quote in your post?

Thanks!

I'm sorry. I will be more carefull the next time.. :blush: I saw that Superkalle already removed the images. Thanks for that... :laugh::wink:

7672 - Rogue Shadow - Theme: Star Wars

This model already shows up in the index, (http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=41226&st=555&p=791908entry791908) however, that one isn't complete/correct and it uses parts that aren't in the directions. This is not an update to that set, it's a new build from scratch.

7672rogueshadow.png

.LXF

Issues:

- 32072 Technic Angular Wheel won't fit properly between the two 58846 Circle 90D 10x10, WRY 18D (make up the engine). It makes it so those two pieces don't connect properly with the middle portion of the element. (Look at the indexed Rogue Shadow and check out the engine head-on to see what I mean.) It's been left off to the side.

- 52028 Arrow 8M W/Soft Upper P. doesn't seat all the way into 57029 Release House 6x2x2 when 32075 Release Housing, Catch is attached. It's been left off to the side. Also, this piece is supposed to be two-toned but can't be colored that way. The head is supposed to be black.

- The minifigs are limited to what's available in LDD as far as prints and pieces go.

Edit

I added the 6090 Frogman Visor for battle-damaged Darth Vader to the lxf file. The screenshot doesn't show it though.

Edited by messiah1

This model already shows up in the index, (http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=41226&st=555&p=791908entry791908) however, that one isn't complete/correct and it uses parts that aren't in the directions. This is not an update to that set, it's a new build from scratch.

.LXF

Issues:

- 32072 Technic Angular Wheel won't fit properly between the two 58846 Circle 90D 10x10, WRY 18D (make up the engine). It makes it so those two pieces don't connect properly with the middle portion of the element. (Look at the indexed Rogue Shadow and check out the engine head-on to see what I mean.) It's been left off to the side.

- 52028 Arrow 8M W/Soft Upper P. doesn't seat all the way into 57029 Release House 6x2x2 when 32075 Release Housing, Catch is attached. It's been left off to the side. Also, this piece is supposed to be two-toned but can't be colored that way. The head is supposed to be black.

- The minifigs are limited to what's available in LDD as far as prints and pieces go.

You should probably also include the neck-brace from the battle-damaged Darth Vader in there. It almost certainly can't be attached, and if you can get it around the neck without a connection it'd deserve some major applause. Still, you can at least leave it to the side. The piece is listed as 6090 Frogman Visor.

Anyway, yesterday for a more challenging build than my recent dinosaurs, I went ahead and built one of the sets I'm hoping for for Christmas:

8078 Portal of Atlantis from the Atlantis theme.

8078_portal_of_atlantis.png

LXF File

Errors:

• Many decorations are not available. Parts and surfaces that should have these decorations have been left blank.
  • The unknown color of the Portal Emperor's armor and helmet (parts 89917 and 89918, respectively) could not be used. Instead, they have been colored 147 Sand Yellow Metallic.
  • A boundary error in the boat piece 47404 prevents the two white curved slopes (47457) from being attached inside in the proper position. The slopes have been left to the side.
  • The five treasure keys (88049) could not be fitted into the "keyholes" (87750). They have been left to the side of the model.
  • The steering pieces 32293 could not be hinged into the proper position. They have been left to the side of the model.
  • The frog (33320) could not be made to fit under the glass dome inside the castle. He has been left to the side of the model.
  • The four gemstones (30153) could not be made to fit inside the treasure chest. They have been left to the side of the model.

Despite a lot of parts not fitting, none of them are essential to the aesthetic of the castle, and only the steering pieces were essential to the functionality (allowing the shark's head in the front to open and close). I am very impressed with this set and look forward to getting it. I love its aesthetic and perhaps even prefer it to the standard white, tan, and gold of next year's Atlantis sets (it may be pretty, but it's nowhere near as ominous or creative).

Edited by Aanchir

I was surprised to see that this one hadn't already been done...

7598 Pizza Planet Truck Rescue [Toy Story]

7598_pizza_planet_truck_rescue.png

LXF file [uPDATE #3]

Notes:

- The white cockpit (30372) won't close properly.

- Two brown 2x6 bricks (44237) from instructions step 14 and two red 1x2 plates (3023) from step 17 were obstructing the placement of the four yellow inverted windscreens (4284) that formed the rear wheel arches, so have been removed and placed behind the model.

- The white rubber belt from step 13 has been left out, as I'm not sure of the exact match in LDD. Thanks to @Aanchir.

- There are not enough correct minifig parts in LDD to be able to make the official Toy Story minifigs, so have been left out.

- The two minfigs of Buzz and the alien (as listed on Bricklink) have been substituted.

- NEW Hamm and Rex have been substituted with brick-built figures.

- No printed parts are available, except for the six pizzas which have been stacked up in their loading cone underneath the bonnet.

Edited by C3POwen

- The white rubber belt from step 13 has been left out, as I'm not sure of the exact match in LDD.

It's part 85543 "V-BELT (diameter)15 WHITE".

- There are not enough correct minifig parts in LDD to be able to make the official Toy Story minifigs, so have been left out.

Note that without minifigs the set will be tagged as Incomplete.

Other users have created their custom version of minifigs using a bit of fantasy :wink:

Just completed 8111 River Dragon from the Exo-Force theme.

LXF File

The only error is that none of the decorations are available, and the parts that should be decorated have been left blank.

Thanks for making this one, Aanchir. It helped me to make this. Though, I recolored it and added a couple of flexies.

Sorry, but it'll take a while for me to remake all the SW sets.

6208 B-Wing Fighter (LDD 4.3.5 - Star Wars: Episodes 4/5/6 - Duplicate)

LXF File

bwing_fighter.png

ERRORS:

Missing part x71

Incorrect/missing prints and stickers

Collision error between parts 32062 and 3034 (p27)

7180 B-Wing At Rebel Control Center (LDD 4.3.5 - Star Wars: Episodes 4/5/6 - Duplicate)

LXF File

bwing_at_rebel_control_center.png

ERRORS:

Incorrect/missing prints

7134 A-Wing Fighter (LDD 4.3.5 - Star Wars: Episodes 4/5/6 - Duplicate)

LXF File

awing_fighter_01.png

ERRORS:

Incorrect/missing prints

6206 TIE Interceptor (LDD 4.3.5 - Star Wars: Episodes 4/5/6)

LXF File

tie_interceptor.png

ERRORS:

Replaced part 30283 with 60219

Incorrect/missing prints

7200 Final Duel I (LDD 4.3.5 - Star Wars: Episodes 4/5/6)

LXF File

final_duel_i.png

ERRORS:

Incorrect/missing prints

Luke managed to defeat Vader in the following duel, proclaiming himself a Jedi. The Emperor began using Force Lightning to kill Luke, but Vader intervened and threw the Emperor down an enormous pit.

6207 A-Wing Fighter (LDD 4.3.5 - Star Wars: Episodes 4/5/6 - Duplicate)

LXF File

awing_fighter_02.png

ERRORS:

Incorrect/missing prints and stickers

Edited by ADHO15

Just completed 8061 Gateway of the Squid from the Atlantis theme.

8061_gateway_of_the_squid.png

LXF File

Errors:

• The two rubber belts (85546) cannot be flexed into position and have been left to the side of the model.
  • The treasure key (88049) cannot be fitted into the "keyhole" brick (87750) and has been left to the side of the model.
  • Due to an error, the two four-module axles with end stop (87083) cannot penetrate the hole underneath the two half-cylinder bricks (30165). The half-cylinder bricks have been left to the side of the model.
  • The four gemstones (30153) cannot be made to rest realistically in the treasure chest and have been left to the side of the model.
  • Many decorations are unavailable. Parts and surfaces which should have these decorations have been left blank.

7630 - Front-End Loader / Theme: CITY (NEW) - LXF

7630_front_end_loader2.png

Modifications:

---

7630 - Dump Truck / Theme: CITY (NEW) - LXF

7631_dump_truck.png

Modifications:

2) 62531 (Yellow Technic, Panel Curved 11x3) is not available in LDD and was replaced with by 'Yellow Technic, Panel 11x5'

Edited by KielDaMan

Calabar is right, you could always try improvising. You're custom Buzz minifig is very good IMO, so I think it won't be aby problem for you making a brickbuilt dino Rex or using a pig/pink dog piece for Hamm, anything just to compensate for the missing minifigs and complete the LDD set. :wink:

Edited by KielDaMan

Calabar is right, you could always try improvising. You're custom Buzz minifig is very good IMO, so I think it won't be aby problem for you making a brickbuilt dino Rex or using a pig/pink dog piece for Hamm, anything just to compensate for the missing minifigs and complete the LDD set. :wink:

I'm going to update the LXF again when I've come up with versions of Rex and Hamm that I'm happy with, but I'd like to try and make them to scale if possible. Sadly, LDD doesn't have the pig piece yet.

EDIT: Just updated with Hamm and Rex.

Edited by C3POwen

@C3POwen

Very good work! Rex is fantastic!

I was going to propose you an "Hamm" like this, but I see you arrange very well by yourself!

You could post your custom figures here!

Edited by Calabar