Calabar

[KEY TOPIC] Official LEGO Sets made in LDD

It's been a while since i posted some models here, but i've been busy with building with the real bricks for some time no.

Here's the 4841 Enchanted Car from the new Harry Potter Series!

LDD file

Thanks for the model!!

Good job on the Burrow - I'm no HP fan, but I did get that set and the Hagrids hut. It will be fun building :classic:

PS: All the parts that are supposed to be that new nougaty brown color, are Copper, but maybe you knew that?

856 - Front loader - Theme: Technic

856technicfrontloader.png

Changes: The tracks, rear handles and crown-wheels are changed but the rest is like the original.

File: Here is the lxf file

Comments on the building proces:

The loader is build one side at a time to ensure hinging

The hinge tool is used to ensure symmetric tracks to actually fit together

The upper rear corner is not 90 degrees

See you!

LDDT

Edited by LDDtechnician

You can use Image Hosting services such as Imageshack, that easily allow to share an image and insert it in a forum page.

Insert the image is important because, in addition to provide a preview, I use that to detect posts containing lxf files when I built the index.

PS: good work, the set is well realized, technic ones are often a bit difficult.

So 4841 is officially out, and the above model should be listed as incomplete for now unless Junk adds the rest of the train set or someone else makes train set and combines with the car.

It's Ok than! :wink:

I'll add it in the index as incomplete, until JunkstyleGio will complete it ;)

It would be a good habit to insert a link to the set where is possible to find description and built instructions, at least for that sets that are not immediately traceable on peeron or bricklink.

Edited by Calabar

You need to position the arms downward. :wink:

I still can't get it to go on. Do you maybe have a template I can import into the set?

@ ADHO15: Nice work on the Harry Potter sets!

Good job on the Burrow - I'm no HP fan, but I did get that set and the Hagrids hut. It will be fun building :classic:

Thanks a lot, guys!

The burrow was a lot of fun to build with all its colours and details!

PS: All the parts that are supposed to be that new nougaty brown color, are Copper, but maybe you knew that?

Sure, but Medium Dark Flesh isn't LDD yet and that seems to work okay. I hope that's not a problem?

4738 Hagrid's Hut (3rd Edition)

LXF File

hagrids_hut_3.jpg

Replaced parts 87991 with 4530, 40250cx1 with brick-built solution, bb475pb01 with 40232, bb475pb02 with 40232, bb475pb03 with 40232 and x67 with x219

Replaced Bright Pink with Light Purple and Speckle Black-Silver with Titanium Metallic

Window (part 30046) cannot be attached to door (part 64390)

Incorrect/missing prints and stickers

Updated to LDD 4

Edited by ADHO15

You can use Image Hosting services such as Imageshack, that easily allow to share an image and insert it in a forum page.

Insert the image is important because, in addition to provide a preview, I use that to detect posts containing lxf files when I built the index.

Done! Easy!

Thanks

PS: good work, the set is well realized, technic ones are often a bit difficult.

Thanks

LDDT

I must have replied the topic and not to Calabars post - sorry

Edited by LDDtechnician

I'm not sure whether these are MOCs, but I've recreated the Enlighten pirate train sets!

632 Crew Car (passenger car)

Download

633 Mine Car (hopper car)

Download!

634 Tank Car

Download!

636 Dining Car (caboose)

Download!

623 Passenger Locomotive

Download!

Edited by Calabar
Images inserted as links: not official sets

-Door pieces are missing

You could replace missing door pieces with that, it is enough similar, I think! :classic:

Edited by Calabar

You could replace missing door pieces with that, it is enough similar, I think! :classic:

Sure, I thought about it, but LDD 4.0 might have the right part so I was just going to add it then, rather than changing the structure of the fitting.

1) I still can't get it to go on. Do you maybe have a template I can import into the set?

2) Sure, but Medium Dark Flesh isn't LDD yet and that seems to work okay. I hope that's not a problem?

1) There is a boundary issue with that hair piece - it's been reported to TLG and should be fixed in LDD4

2) OK - no problem. I didn't realize Medium Dark Flesh was not in LDD. (Side note: LEGO MaterialID for that color is 312 - Medium Nougat. It might work if you manually (in the LXF-file) change the color to 312 and then open in LDD). In any case, I know that color has been added to LDD4.

1) There is a boundary issue with that hair piece - it's been reported to TLG and should be fixed in LDD4

2) OK - no problem. I didn't realize Medium Dark Flesh was not in LDD. (Side note: LEGO MaterialID for that color is 312 - Medium Nougat. It might work if you manually (in the LXF-file) change the color to 312 and then open in LDD). In any case, I know that color has been added to LDD4.

Ok, thanks. I'll update the set when LDD4 is released.

4841 Hogwars Express (3rd Edition)

LXF File

hogwarts_express_3.jpg

Missing parts 75c16 and bb472

Replaced parts 4070a with 4070, 51011 with 92409, 92001 with 64798, 92083 with 59363, 87991 with 4530, bb475pb01 with 40232, bb475pb02 with 40232, bb475pb03 with 40232 and x67 with x219

4842 Hogwarts Castle (4th Edition)

LXF File

hogwarts_castle_4.jpg

Missing part bb472

Replaced parts 4070a with 4070, bb475pb01 with 40232, bb475pb02 with 40232, bb475pb03 with 40232 and x67 with x219

Replaced Chrome Silver with Silver and Metallic Gold with Reddish Gold

Updated to LDD 4

Edited by ADHO15

I still can't get it to go on. Do you maybe have a template I can import into the set?

The Hermione hair is too long and collides with the shoulders. To fix this, put a neck accessory and put the head on and delete the accessory and then put the hair on. It should work.

Never mind. It doesn't work. I swear it worked before...

Edited by prateek

Medium nougat is definitely in LDD. It's the third color option when you hover the cursor over "reddish brown" on the main LEGO Universe palette. I used to have a bit of trouble when I would get it confused with copper (the color immediately after silver and warm gold), but there's definitely no problem accessing it in LEGO Universe mode.

Medium nougat is definitely in LDD. It's the third color option when you hover the cursor over "reddish brown" on the main LEGO Universe palette. I used to have a bit of trouble when I would get it confused with copper (the color immediately after silver and warm gold), but there's definitely no problem accessing it in LEGO Universe mode.

I've been treating them as Light Flesh, Flesh and Dark Flesh; three skin tones on lots of figs.

Anyway, I thought we were going with Bricklink for info? That calls the colour Medium Dark Flesh.

That's not nougat. As ADHO said, it's dark flesh.

How did you guys change the colour of the parts?

How did you get the bricks that are not on LDD?

Magic.

Lego Universe mode

Updated for LDD4 December 29, 2010

5969 - Space Police - Squidman Escape

squidman_escape.png

LXF File

Issues:

• I couldn't find Squidman's head and cape, so I replaced them with similar parts. EDIT: I fixed the head, but the proper cape won't fit, so I left the old cape on.
  • The officer's and Squidman's torso prints are close, but not accurate.
  • The speeder's hood can't close all the way because it can't be centered on the white 1 x 2 Plate with Handle.
  • There are no stickers.
  • I tried to make the officer comfortable on his speeder by not bending it. It's bent in the instructions.

-Toa Of Justice

Edited by Toa_Of_Justice

I've been treating them as Light Flesh, Flesh and Dark Flesh; three skin tones on lots of figs.

Anyway, I thought we were going with Bricklink for info? That calls the colour Medium Dark Flesh.

No, it's not dark flesh. Trust me, I've tried, and dark flesh (official name: #217 Brown) is not even in the standard palette. You have to alter the coding in an existing file to get bricks in that color (it's not a current color and hasn't been on LEGO's official color palette since at least 2006). The color after flesh in the palette is #312 Medium Nougat, a.k.a. Medium Dark Flesh. Unzipping an LXF file and reading the code will confirm that bricks painted that color are listed with the MaterialID 312, not 217.

I know what I'm talking about-- one of the first things I did when I learned to unzip LXF files and change the coding was creating a chart of all the colors used in BIONICLE. Color #217 Brown was used extensively in 2004 and 2005 BIONICLE, as well as one set in 2006. The color charts on Peeron and Isodomos can be used to verify that these color names and IDs are equivalent to the unofficial AFOL and Bricklink names of Dark Flesh and Medium Dark Flesh.

I never use Bricklink names when I can avoid it, since the official LEGO names tend to follow a system that better explains the relationships between colors. For instance, "dark tan" is actually Sand Yellow, and regular tan is Brick Yellow. By extension, the brownish-gold color used in 2003-2005 BIONICLE sets is Sand Yellow Metallic. In particular when using LDD I prefer the actual LEGO color names because they match with the color ID numbers used in LDD's programming. Bricklink ID numbers, on the other hand, have no correlation with the numbers LEGO uses, and their names don't explain why the two "tan" colors appear under the color yellow, among other oddities.

I really wish other AFOLs would try to learn the official LEGO names if only to make it easier to communicate with LEGO about color-related topics. LEGO revealed their current color palette earlier this year, but far too few people have actually made use of it. No fault of yours-- after all, it would be silly of me to start ordering people to stop using the names their peers will understand in favor of names rarely used outside of official LEGO material--

Alright, Aanchir. I'll take your word for it and start using that instead.

Thanks for explaining. :classic:

How do you get Lego universe mode?

Follow the instructions here. It's well worth it.

Name: Snow groomer

Number: 8263

Theme: technic

Pieces: 590

Year relased: 2009

Here's a one that took me 3 hours and a lot of hinge tool and LDD abuse.

The piston bully AKA 8263!

lddscreenshot23.png

The list of changes from official model is really big, so here are some big ones:

There are no 5x11 frames in LDD, so i had to make my own ones

Two joiners are missing on the bottom, because 5,5 axles wont slide in them all the way.

There are 2 red bricks missing near the door, because with them the vab wouldnt tilt to the right angle.

One wheel wont allow the axle to go through it (and i have no idea why)

There might be few more little bugs, but all in all the model is complete.

Download it here

Please dont ask me for more off track-related models!

UPDATED FOR LDD 4.0, added correct panels and few missing pieces!

Edited by Zblj

Next days I'll update the index.

I hope I'll not appear too "strict", but I think all of us will enjoy of well ordered topic. :blush:

So from now I'll check that the posts respect topic's rules.

That's the summary for the next topic's update.

Sets that will be added to the index:

- 315 - European Taxie

- 381 - Police Station

- 3739 - Blacksmith Shop

- 6861 - X1 Patrol Craft

- 6074 - Black Falcon's Fortress

- 10213 - Shuttle Adventure

- 4736 - Freeing Dobby

- 4737 - Quidditch Match

- 4840 - The Burrow

- 856 - Front loader

- 4738 - Hagrid's Hut

- 4841 Hogwarts Express [incomplete]

- 4842 Hogwarts Castle [incomplete]

Almost regular posts (will be indexed with reserve):

- 7642 Garage (Uncutted white stripes in the image)

- 4841 Enchanted Car (Un-highlighted set info (number/name/theme))

Irregular posts (will not be indexed):

- 850 - Fork lift (Image Vanished)

- 5580 - Highway Rig (Image exceed maximum size)

- 3366 Test Rocket (Unreleased Set)

- 3365 Moon Buggy (Unreleased Set)

- 5590 - Whirl N Wheel Super Truck (Image exceed maximum size)

- 4721 - Hogwarts Classrooms (Image exceed maximum size)

- 632 Crew Car (passenger car) (Not an official Set) (Image exceed maximum size)

- 633 Mine Car (hopper car) (Not an official Set) (Image exceed maximum size)

- 634 Tank Car (Not an official Set) (Image exceed maximum size)

- 636 Dining Car (caboose) (Not an official Set) (Image exceed maximum size)

- 623 Passenger Locomotive (Not an official Set) (Image exceed maximum size)

- 5969 - Squidman Escape (Image exceed maximum size)

- 8263 - Snow Groomer (Unclear and Un-highlighted Set info (number/name/theme)) (Image exceed maximum size)

Other irregular posts (images should appear as links)

- #721 #724 #724

Please check your post and correct that if necessary. :classic: