Calabar

[KEY TOPIC] Official LEGO Sets made in LDD

Luckily I had the beetle on the shelf, so after examiniation I found that the 1x3 brick won't fit because you forgot to put a plate under the dark grey/red hinge pieces. So basically the two hinge pieces should come up one plate height. Then you will be able to fit the 1x3 brick. Also, after this is done, you can rotate the angled plate a little bit more so that it will rest on the two 1x2 sloped bricks.

You're right, my mistake. I'll report this to the LDD team.

A tiny, tiny note too - the rearview mirror in the cab needs to come up a bit. (but now I'm nitpicking :laugh:)

In any case - really nice work on the beetle. And thanks a million for being so careful that you take notes when you build the model and report what doesn't work. :thumbup:

Thanks! I'll fix the plate problem (and the rear view mirror - I'm nitpicky too when it comes to things like that so it's fine :tongue:) after I get back from my week-long trip to San Diego (and that means a day at LEGOLAND!) :sweet:

I'm about two-thirds of the way done with building the Midi-scale Imperial Star Destroyer in LDD, but I won't be able to finish it until I get back. Hopefully no one's going to have created their own version by the time I do get back. :grin:

Edited by ILikePi

8046 Helicopter (sorry, there's currently no manipulation tool for the flexible cables on LDD!)

8046helicoptercopy.jpg

Download!

Edited by BrickWild

May I know where can I download official set instruction so that I can build the set in LDD. :classic:

You certainly may :classic:

For recents sets (about 2002 and forward):

http://us.service.lego.com/en-US/BuildingInstructions/default.aspx

NOTE: Sometimes instructions show up in two versions - IN or NA. This stands for International and North America. However, there is no difference in the instruction steps - it's just the last pages with customer info that differs.

For older sets

http://peeron.com/scans/

Hey, Thanks for the link. It certainly help. It really nice to be part of this active community. :thumbup:

You certainly may :classic:

For recents sets (about 2002 and forward):

http://us.service.lego.com/en-US/BuildingInstructions/default.aspx

NOTE: Sometimes instructions show up in two versions - IN or NA. This stands for International and North America. However, there is no difference in the instruction steps - it's just the last pages with customer info that differs.

For older sets

http://peeron.com/scans/

Please, please do the Camel too. Then you've (and the index here at EB) have got the whole series :classic:

In the meantime, I'll think about something regarding the off-set.

Regarding tan, I'm not in front of LDD right now, but hopefully some helpful soul can take a screenshot of the color palette and show which one it is.

EDIT - allready done by Prateek it seems. Thanks!

Well, since you ask so fervently, here it is :wink:

3451 Sopwith Camel

sopwith_camel.jpg

and the LXF file

I think I'm starting to get the hang of that hinge tool... Sort of...

But I did find something weird, I can't put the last brown piece that's supposed to complete the connections of the top and bottom wings. Somehow, they don't quite align with the 1x8 technic bricks but I can't find out if it's an error from me or from the program...

Oh and one last thing, does anyone know if the big technic steering wheels are in there somewhere (the one from the technic supercar)? I can't seem to find them.

Edited by yellost

Well, since you ask so fervently, here it is :wink:

3495 Sopwith Camel

I have no idea what fervently means, but I like it :laugh:

I took the old Camel out of the cupboard and had a look. I see now what you mean about the technic connector not fitting. My humble conclusion is that we here have ourselves a case of poor design by TLG. With physcial bricks it's possible to flex the wing tips so that the paralleogram aligns. But LDD, sticking to the rules, is telling us that this is poor design that will put stressing forces on the bricks.

Yellost fault - no

LDD's fault - no

TLG Desingers fault - yes

8096 Emperor Palpatine's Shuttle (LDD 4.3.5 - Star Wars: Episode 3)

LXF File

emperor_palpatines_shuttle.png

ERRORS:

Incorrect/missing prints and stickers

Collision error between parts 3037 and 32034

6205 V-Wing Starfighter (LDD 4.3.5 - Star Wars: Episode 3)

LXF File

vwing_fighter2.png

ERRORS:

Replaced parts 30283 with 60219

Incorrect/missing prints

7251 Darth Vader Transformation (LDD 4.3.5 - Star Wars: Episode 3)LXF File

darth_vader_transformation.png

ERRORS:

Incorrect/missing prints

8128 Cad Bane's Speeder (LDD 4.3.5 - Star Wars: The Clone Wars)

LXF File

cad_banes_speeder.png

ERRORS:

Incorrect/missing prints and stickers

Edited by ADHO15

Index updated!

35 new sets and three new themes!

Check your sets!

Rules of the topic updated (read that!)

@BrickWild

Remember to resize set's images and post about the update of your Model Team set :classic:

Edited by Calabar

You mean "7739 - Coast Guard Patrol Boat & Tower"?

As you can see in the index (it has just been updated), this set don't appear. :classic:

(have you read my previous post #529?)

Edited by Calabar

For another project I had started on the carriages of the Toy Story 3 Western Train Chase, set number 7597.

WesternChaseSM.png

Western Train Chase: Locomotive, Cargo, Passenger Car, Caboose

The sub modules are complete, with only mintor changes listed below.

* 2 1x1 bricks with holders and a 1x1 brick instead of a 1x3 brick with holders (Caboose).

* 3M axle to support the cone / chimney in the Locomotive

* The front plough of the Locomotive is missing - not in LDD database (?).

* The Locomotive "EN" wheels are missing - for now ive replaced with some technic beasties.

[Edit] Thanks to ILikePi for your 3.14* EN wheels.. looks a lot better.

Similarly the licensed mini-figs are also missing; as are the decorated panels. [Edit] The dynamite cannot can go inside the box - thanks Calabar.

[Edit] Thanks to Prateek; I used your little Woody and Buzz equivalent.

I tried to create a Jessie, Rex and Ham (sorry Beef): not sure what other improvements could be made without licensed bits. :wacko:

For those who are interested, I also list the submodels which have grouped elements for easy manipulation

Western Train Chase: Locomotive

Western Train Chase: Cargo

Western Train Chase: Passenger Car

Western Train Chase: Caboose

Edit - Updated versions to LDD4.

Western Train Chase: Locomotive, Cargo, Passenger Car, Caboose

Western Train Chase: Locomotive

Western Train Chase: Dynamite Wagon

Western Train Chase: Passenger Car

Western Train Chase: Caboose

Edited by roamingstudio

I have no idea what fervently means, but I like it :laugh:

I took the old Camel out of the cupboard and had a look. I see now what you mean about the technic connector not fitting. My humble conclusion is that we here have ourselves a case of poor design by TLG. With physcial bricks it's possible to flex the wing tips so that the paralleogram aligns. But LDD, sticking to the rules, is telling us that this is poor design that will put stressing forces on the bricks.

Yellost fault - no

LDD's fault - no

TLG Desingers fault - yes

Well that's good to know for the peace of my self esteem :grin:

On another note, I takcled on this one:

10143 UCS Death Star II

death_starii.jpg

But that proved way too much of a challenge.

There are so many things that don't work, I couldn't know where to start a list.

Although Everything is there. It's just that nothing fits the way it's supposed to. And I couldn't place the inside of the laser dish, since it's not actually attached to anything.

One thing I did notice, though, is that the Hinge Align Tool cannot be used on the click hinge bricks :wacko: they can be manually rotated, but I can't select them with the align tool. Everytime, I had to replace them with a combo of a 1x1 plate with vertical clip holder and a 1x2 with shaft to make it snap and then change them back to the actual 1x2 click hinge pieces

Still, here is the LXF File if anyone is crazy enough to try and correct it.

but after that, I'm glad I never got the actual set. It's so full of holes, and odd color pieces, I don't think I would have liked it... It's big all right, but that's about all it's got for it... and hurra for the copy-paste of LDD because there are soo much repetitions...

EDIT : Just realised I forgot the Round dish on top, so I updated the LXF and pictures

Edited by yellost

On another note, I takcled on this one:

10143 UCS Death Star II

Holy...macaroni piece. You're really going for the big and difficiult :oh:

Let's see if one of the LDD gurus here at the forum want to tackel this beast.

I'm curious about the problems you had with hinge align tool. Can you explain some more about what doesn't work. You say it works with normal clip hinges, but not the clickety-click ones? Which exact bricks are you talking about, and in which situation. If you can take a screenshot, it'd be much appreciated :classic:

Well, I'll take the circle for the laser dish as an example :

normally, it uses click hinges (it's probably not the right word but it's the one I've heard the most used. It's those hinges that click in places at certain angles)

but to close it, I can't select the pieces with the align tool (normally, I would click in the red circle) It just doesn't activate at all, no green arrows, nada. So I have to change them with the clip and shaft pieces (again, probably not the right name)

which I can select and use the align tool on.

here's a simple LXF with just the circles if you want to try.

Edited by Calabar
Images inserted as links.

Well, I'll take the circle for the laser dish as an example :

OK, Now I got you.

It might be that the click-hinges (I use that name too, as opposed to clip-hinges), will not accept hinge alignment because they are (with physical bricks) restricted to movement intervals of 22.5 degrees. In other words, for these hinges, the hinge align needs to take into account that it can only set in 22.5 degree intervals. And that in total might be to complicated for the hinge align algorithm. But it's a long shoot I know. :sceptic:

A more likely explanation is probably that the LDD developers they didn't think about this case :tongue:

I'll report this one to the TLG, and we'll see what happens.

PS: On a side note, the hinge align tool in this particular case is not the best to use since the circle becomes all crooked. Since LDD doesn't (yet) have a way to input exact angles, it's really difficult to create the exact angles needed to make a perfect circle. Some LDD users (like Bojan) are expert at creating the angles needed programmatically, but that's a whole other ballgame. I think you did a super job with the death star considering the tools at hand.

OK, Now I got you.

It might be that the click-hinges (I use that name too, as opposed to clip-hinges), will not accept hinge alignment because they are (with physical bricks) restricted to movement intervals of 22.5 degrees. In other words, for these hinges, the hinge align needs to take into account that it can only set in 22.5 degree intervals. And that in total might be to complicated for the hinge align algorithm. But it's a long shoot I know. :sceptic:

A more likely explanation is probably that the LDD developers they didn't think about this case :tongue:

PS: On a side note, the hinge align tool in this particular case is not the best to use since the circle becomes all crooked. Since LDD doesn't (yet) have a way to input exact angles, it's really difficult to create the exact angles needed to make a perfect circle. Some LDD users (like Bojan) are expert at creating the angles needed programmatically, but that's a whole other ballgame. I think you did a super job with the death star considering the tools at hand.

What do you mean, Programmatically? We can do macros in LDD? That'd be soooo cool...

Anyway, just a quick one before I go to bed

Midi Tie Advanced X1 from 10188 Death Star

midi_tieadvanced.jpg

I know it's not a complete set, but I couldn't find it in ADHO15's work and I wanted to see what it looks like.

I might mod it and get the pieces to give some company to my Midi Millenium Falcon :grin:

And the LXF file

(Oooooh I just noticed my new tag :blush: )

OK, Now I got you.

But when using the regular hinge tool, you are able to go full 360 degrees with the click hinges, not just at the intervals. What I'm saying is you can make an angle using the hinge tool that isn't possible in real bricks without stressing the click hinges.

But when using the regular hinge tool, you are able to go full 360 degrees with the click hinges, not just at the intervals. What I'm saying is you can make an angle using the hinge tool that isn't possible in real bricks without stressing the click hinges.

Yeah I know, but maybe LDD team somehow thought that "OK, you can go any angle with the click-hinges, but using the hingealging tool, it should'n be possible". Well, it's a silly longshot I know. Let's forget about it :tongue:

For another project I had started on the carriages of the Toy Story 3 Western Train Chase, set number 7597.

....Links to the individual files are also below.

@roamingstudio: None of your LDD .lxf files will download. :look: Could you check your web server to see if the links are still valid?

@roamingstudio: None of your LDD .lxf files will download. :look: Could you check your web server to see if the links are still valid?

Sorry - missed a '-' on the filenames. Fixed now.

Ive added the Locomotive as well. Some bricks wont fit - the cone chimney stack wont fit over the 2x2 round / log bricks. The piston ends wont fit onto the pistons. And I could not yet find the correct Plough piece (for the front). I might also have got some of the colours wrong - I will check with the official palette later.

Western Train Chase Locomotive

Edited by roamingstudio

Sorry - missed a '-' on the filenames. Fixed now.

Ive added the Locomotive as well. Some bricks wont fit - the cone chimney stack wont fit over the 2x2 round / log bricks. The piston ends wont fit onto the pistons. And I could not yet find the correct Plough piece (for the front). I might also have got some of the colours wrong - I will check with the official palette later.

Western Train Chase Locomotive

See problem fixes here: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=40785&view=findpost&p=789409