Calabar

[KEY TOPIC] Official LEGO Sets made in LDD

4955 Creator "Big Rig"has 3 models.

I like the American Classic best.

So i tried to get this in LDD. And it worked out fine. It's 100% complete!

4955classicoriginal.jpg

LDD file

Don't forget to check out my Brickshelf with a finned pastel-coloured version!

It is so much better!

Space Pirate 5973 (1st half)

Had to modify the front due to a missing part.

LXF

I have an acceptable mod for all sets that contain the launcher and missile. I'll post it here when I'm on the other computer

10182 - Cafe Corner :classic:

Good job. However, the Cafe Corner has allready been made, check the index in the first post of this topic and you'll find that and a lot of other buildings. Also, in the future please remember to also upload the LXF-file. That's how we do it in this topic - share with each other :wink:

For those of you who are making sets that include the launcher, I placed an example of the mod I use to replace the launcher (which LDD LU does not have) in the "tips tricks and bugs" thread.

I have an acceptable mod for all sets that contain the launcher and missile. I'll post it here when I'm on the other computer.

Sounds more than interesting!

With all models, does that mean all SW models as well?

Because there is were I can see the use of that.

Part two of the 4955 set:

The Go-Cart.

Easy to build and fun model. Lot's of greebles that makes the model look good.

To bad there is no steering...

4955cartrearfront.jpg

LDD file

The main model is coming up, but give me a few days, because this weekend i've got a lot of other things going on..

Sounds more than interesting!

With all models, does that mean all SW models as well?

Because there is were I can see the use of that.

well, if there are space restrictions from base to top I don't think it would fit, or if something is supposed to go on the cross stud used as the trigger. I wasn't able to account for that, but I'm sure other pieces can be fit in between the two thin brackets that could help shoe it in a tighter build with more demands on the launcher. I'm pretty sure it will work with all the Lego Batman sets and possibly all Space sets that use launchers.

UPDATE 4/24/2011: Updated to LDD 4.1.

Here's 8630 Gold Hunt from the Agents theme. It's in two parts.

8630_gold_hunt.png

LXF file for plane

8630_gold_hunt_2.png

LXF file for truck

Errors:

• 299 Lacquered Gold is not available on LDD. The gold pieces on the truck as well as Gold Tooth's hair have been colored 147 Sand Yellow Metallic.
  • The pallet of gold cannot, under any circumstances, fit on the trailer while still connecting securely to the two exposed studs. It has thus been left to the side of the model.

Edited by Aanchir

promotional set # 1237-1: Honda Asimo Robot

LXF file

asimosmall.png

LDD doesn't have the brick used as his backpack, so I rigged a substitute, which is shown off to the side. If it is not exact, forgive the error as I had to build this from sight. there are no instructions listed at Brickset.

replaced brick:

32308.1142565807.jpg

Edited by Randal

Index has been updated!

@markg

I noticed that LDD provides the correct hair for the minifig of set 6365, Summer Cottage.

If you want you can replace it!

@everybody:

I wrote, in the first post, a little table with few rules for this topic... let's read it! :tongue:

It will help to maintain this topic ordered!

Edited by Calabar

Here's the 3724 Dragon Set from 2001-2002. The box for the 1,540 pieces was black-and-white, indicating that this was not sold on store shelves but was a direct-to-consumer set. It originally cost US$99. I remember seeing one of these "in the round" at a regional Lego show years ago.

Having just built this digitally in LDD over 9 hours' time, I can say that this Dragon is almost SOLID BRICKS. It must be quite heavy when built with real Lego pieces. Placing overlapping layers of green bricks and plates was a bit difficult at times due to a lack of color contrast; I couldn't see the "seams" of the bricks without passing my mouse over them. Rotating the red wings and opening the jaw was easier than I thought it would be.

The Dragon LDD file is complete, except for the tan 32x32 baseplate (which came with the real set). Thanks to Calabar for adding the Dragon's two front teeth.

My modern PC (running Windows Vista) took 5 minutes to compile the digital Building Guide. The program would proceed two-thirds of the way through its progress bar, then have to start over 3 times. I guess the wings and open mouth confused the program, but it eventually did it. I am amazed that an .lxf file only 61KB in size can represent a 1,540-piece Lego model!

The 3724 Dragon is in the same genre as the BIG 3723 Minifigure Set (which has 1,849 pieces and was sold from 2000-2002 for US$149). That would be good for somebody (not me) to attempt to build in LDD....

3724-1.1123723536.thumb2.jpg3724-1.1163129440.jpg

Complete LDD File (with 2 front teeth, thanks to Calabar's help): 3724_-_lego_dragon

The LDD file and screen shots reside at my Brickshelf folder http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=432892 (Right-Click and "Save As" the 3724-dragon.lxf ZIP file on your computer, then unzip it.)

ldd_3724_pic6.pngldd_3724_pic7.png_thumb.jpgldd_3724_pic8.png_thumb.jpgldd_3724_pic9.png

Edited by dluders

(NOTE TO CALABAR OR SUPERKALLE: How can I provide a direct link to the .lxf file from this EB post? I tried, but all I get is the THUMBNAIL to the file and not the file itself. Maybe JunkStyleGio knows what I should do.)

There are various way to share .lxf files. Brickshelf is one of that!

You must Right Click on the thumbnail of your .lxf file stored on Brickshelf and select "Copy Link" (or something similar, depending on your browser), but not "copy Image Link"! Then you add the link to your post using the specific forum function.

You can even manually correct the link here in the forum deleting the folder "\thumb" from the link string and deleting the tail "_thumb.jpg" too.

The remaining string is a direct link to the file.

There are various way to share .lxf files. Brickshelf is one of that!

You must Right Click on the thumbnail of your .lxf file stored on Brickshelf and select "Copy Link" (or something similar, depending on your browser). Then you add the link to your post using the specific forum function.

That's what I did.

@ Calabar & Randal: I followed your instructions, and made the direct link to the 3724_Dragon.lxf file. Thanks for the tip.

And the reason you can't put the teeth together is because it's an illegal connection to put a technic pin inside a 1x1 round brick, and LDD only supports legal connections. (That specifc connection was allowed many years ago, but not anymore. )

Maybe one could use there two (one inverted) to get the teeth pointed downwards?

44301.png

44302.png

Here is the Dragon with teeth!

As usual, you can find the file here, filename is Dragon.zip

EDIT: look for the corrected version on the post above (#153).

@dluders

If you want use it to update your file, then I'll delete it from my directory.

Edited by Calabar

Here is the Dragon with teeth!

As usual, you can find the file here, filename is Dragon.zip

@dluders

If you want use it to update your file, then I'll delete it from my directory.

Thanks, Calabar! :classic: I edited my original post above to include your LDD file, now with the Dragon's two front teeth installed! My question to you is, if Superkalle says that inserting a Technic Pin inside a 1x1 Round Brick is now a LDD "illegal technique", how were you able to do this? The last LDD screen shot that I put in my post above clearly shows the teeth installed per the original 3724 Building Instructions.... :hmpf:

It is not a work-around, but simply a trick! (similar to the trick I used with horses' ears or the foot soldiers' helmets in the yellow castle).

In fact, if you test the dragon with the "connected selection tool" you can verify that teeth are not connected! :wink:

The trick is simple: technic pin is enough small to stay inside the lower hole of the round brick, so I simply placed it in the right position using plates to put it at the correct height, and then I selected all pieces and move that together!

Set8086-1 Droid Tri-Fighter

LXF file

droidtrifighter.png

I realize that you can't use the prequel droid head, and there was a part on there that LDD doesn't have, but it is inconsequential... I think it's supposed to be the rear landing gear. I also made one of the canopy pieces opaque, while leaving one transparent.

I think the decals I added to the wings look nice. Unfortunately I also couldn't get the droid rifles right. This is certainly one of the most unorthodox builds for a lego ship and it's one of my favorite to look at. (Even though it's not very significant to the story.)

Edited by Randal