Calabar

[KEY TOPIC] Official LEGO Sets made in LDD

Somebody stop me please! :tongue:

No way :classic: We're not stopping you - you're on a lucky strike now, ha, ha....

Actually, next, I would love to see some of those scale 1:17 cars (the Ferrari, Lamborghini etc), and maybe some of the trains. Those would be a great base for further modding.

Keep up the good work!

I've added the Tantive IV LXF files to the other post. :wink:

10188 Death Star (LDD 4.3.5 - Star Wars: Episodes 4/5/6)

LXF file

death_star2.png

ERRORS:

Missing parts 32187 and x77ac100

Replaced parts 78c06 with 78c02

Incorrect/missing prints and stickers

Part 32200 cannot be flexed (p8, p108)

Part 53586 cannot connect to part 48989 (p77)

Part 4733 cannot connect to part 2780 (p86)

Part 30527 cannot be flexed (p96)

Collision error between part 6222 and part 6143 (p102)

Missing 8x part 6134 due to collision errors (p205)

Part 32523 cannot connect to part 3023 (229)

Missing part 3795 due to a collision error (p235)

Here are the additional pictures from the old version:

I hope you like it! :sweet:

Edited by ADHO15
Addiutional images inserted as text links.

Looks awesome, ADHO! ) :classic::thumbup:

That should have taken much time. But it's been worth that! ) Any new projects on the way? )

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

And a bonus: the destruction of the Death Star :grin: :

Ha! Nice! :laugh: Seriously, great work ADHO. I'm usually pretty patient, but I don't know if I could do that. :thumbup:

I feel a little lame posting this after the Death Star, but here's an old and simple one I made up.

6365-1 Summer Cottage

2hf3yuf.png

I built it in MLCad first as I am trying to get the hang of MLCad and LPub4. After importing it into LDD I had to replace a few missing bricks (2x3 45 degree slope, inverted dish). Here's the end result. The original baseplate is/was 16x22 which is not available in LDD, so I subbed in a 16x32.

cheers - mark

(Edited to fix wrong dish on outside table)

6365_1_Summer_Cottage.zip

Edited by markg

First, to ADHO15: Sometimes a smiley says more than a 1000 words: :oh:

And the explosion part was just a brilliant touch. Good work!

Secondly, to markg - Excellent work on that classic set. And don't be sorry - I don't think any of us can top ADHO15 now. :tongue: I mean, what is more massive then the Death Star when it comes to recreating official sets? Anyway, love that Lego pinball machine of yours :thumbup:

UPDATE 4/24/2011: Updated to LDD 4.1.

For some reason I really enjoy doing Agents sets on here. Perhaps it's the color scheme, or the fact that so many of the minifig decorations actually exist (I hate using placeholder decorations, partly out of habit from working with non-digital sets).

Anyway, here's 8634 Turbocar Chase.

List of inaccuracies:

• The string and rubber band obviously don't work, so I left them to the side.
  • Color 299 Lacquered Gold is unavailable on LDD. Gold Tooth's hair has instead been colored 147 Sand Yellow Metallic.
  • For some reason, in LDD 4.1 the winch piece 61510 no longer fits inside the helicopter. Both instances of this piece have been left to the side.
  • Not so much an inaccuracy, but that pair of binoculars lying on its own is supposed to go in Chase's hand according to the first page of the instructions. However, the binoculars are gone when he's put in his seat and given a gun later in the booklet. Huh.

8634_turbocar_chase.png

LDD file for Book 1

8634_turbocar_chase_2.png

LDD file for Book 2

While I'm at it, here's 8967 Gold Tooth's Getaway.

The sole inaccuracy is that the motorcycle shell won't attach by the axle. Understandable, since it normally doesn't attach to a motorcycle in that fashion, but rather by the clip underneath.

8967_gold_tooths_getaway.png

LDD file

Edited by Aanchir

@Toa_Of_Justice

Report your creations in this topic too, so I'll add that to the index! :classic:

List of inaccuracies:
  • The string and rubber band obviously don't work, so I left them to the side.
  • For some reason the flick-fires also won't work (the lightsaber blade piece won't fit into the stud on the flick-fire at the same time as other parts are attached to the stud, and won't fit into the cones at all).
  • The hubcaps don't fit onto the wheels, even if I temporarily add an axle for them to attach to.
  • Not so much an inaccuracy, but that pair of binoculars lying on its own is supposed to go in Chase's hand according to the first page of the instructions. However, the binoculars are gone when he's put in his seat and given a gun later in the booklet. Huh.

Regarding flick-fires, if you use either of the other two 1x1 cones in the brick palette, they will slide fully on the bar. But there is defintely something wrong with the one you used. I'll report it to Lego.

Also, I can mention that there is a known problem with attaching both a bar AND a 1x1 cone or 1x1 round brick at the same time on a stud with a hole in it. If you do, bricks will not go fully onto the stud, and will be removed the next time you open the LXF. Below is an image that explains the problem. This bug is however not possible to fix for Lego since it involves more complex way about how the bricks are rendered. It may have been fixed in next version of LDD, I don't know.

Regarding hubcaps, I'll report that to Lego too. Good spotting!

Ha! Nice! :laugh: Seriously, great work ADHO. I'm usually pretty patient, but I don't know if I could do that. :thumbup:

Thanks a lot, Oky. :classic:

First, to ADHO15: Sometimes a smiley says more than a 1000 words: :oh:

And the explosion part was just a brilliant touch. Good work!

:grin: Thank you very much, Superkalle.

When is there a better time to use that function? :tongue:

And don't be sorry - I don't think any of us can top ADHO15 now. :tongue: I mean, what is more massive then the Death Star when it comes to recreating official sets?

How about the Taj Mahal? It's on its way!

Looks awesome, ADHO! ) :classic::thumbup:

That should have taken much time. But it's been worth that! ) Any new projects on the way? )

Thank you, Penguin. :sweet:

Why a gift for you, of course!

Here is the 7885 Robin's Scuba Jet: Attack of The Penguin!

LXF file.

robins_scuba_jet.png

ERRORS:

Incorrect/missing prints and stickers

Updated to LDD 4

Well done to everyone else who's posting here too. There's some very nice work. :thumbup:

Edited by ADHO15

6073 - Knight's Castle

Theme: Castle > Black Falcons

[Brickset] [Peeron] [BrickLink]

6073_-_knight_s_castle.th.png

Download (LDD 4.2.5):

- Direct link HERE.

- More on my BrickShelf Gallery HERE.

- Visual Gallery HERE.

- Get the ZipPacks from HERE.

Known Inaccuracies:

- Winch (73037) replaced with a custom solution

- clip 4085a replaced with clip 4085b

- Saddle with one clip (4491a) replaced with saddle with 2 clips

- I used minifig head with hollow stud (3626b) instead than old type (3626a)

- Many decorations missing, replaced if possible.

Extra:

- In the ZipPack, an enriched version of the castle, that is exactly as I keep the castle assembled now (except for baseplate, that I customized cutting an old baseplate 24x16 I had, and few other details).

Comments:

It is my first castle, a present I received in my infantry!

Edited by Calabar

AH...

Will dive into the 1:17 models.

Give me a few days. I'll give it a try!

Edit: I'm up to step 26 now of the 8169....

It's a Work in Progress

Edited by Calabar

I feel a little lame posting this after the Death Star, but here's an old and simple one I made up.

6365-1 Summer Cottage

[CUT]

Good work!

I was about to realize a similar set (another set of my childhood!)

Only a little suggestion: you use the wrong disc for the umbrella: you must use 4x4 dish that you find few bricks under.

AH...

Will dive into the 1:17 models.

Give me a few days. I'll give it a try!

Edit: I'm up to step 26 now of the 8169....

It's a Work in Progress

8169_wip1.jpg

Woooooooow.....

I've almost completed this myself...

We'll just have to see who finishes first.

I'm now done 8169 Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4

lddscreenshot3.png

LXF file :classic:

Brickshelf gallery

I used the smaller wheel's hubcaps, but they still look satisfactory, and I found some issues in the hinges, so I just changed the layout of the pieces to fit in certain parts of the model. It is still pretty close to the real thing.

Edited by prateek

Thank you, Penguin. :sweet:

Why a gift for you, of course!

Here is the 7885 Robin's Scuba Jet: Attack of The Penguin!

LXF file.

penguin_sub.jpg

Aw, that's awesome! ) :wub:

Thanks a lot! )))))

It seems that I look pretty proud of myself, having captured that diamond! :laugh:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

I'm now done 8169 Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4

Ha, ha....it seems we had a race here between Prateek the Lightning Bolt and JunkstyleGio the Superman. Could this actually be the beginning of a totaly new nerdy competition genre? I mean, we all heard about speed-building with physicial Lego. But what about with digital ones. I'm gonna have to start investigating some prices for such a super geeky contest.

Anyway, that Lambo looks awesome Prateek. And based on the old sig-picture you had, I should have guessed :tongue:

Let's now see what JunkstyleGio will respond with....

The race is on!

Let's now see what JunkstyleGio will respond with....

The race is on!

I'm not much of a racer.

I will finish the model. But with prateek already finished, i kinda lost the will to work hard on it! (Staring at very bad PDF-filed-instructions is so hard It give me a pain behind the eyes........)

:sceptic:

Edited by JunkstyleGio

Perhaps we should open a topic of bookings! :tongue:

Anyway nothing prevent to post 2 versions of the same work: as LDD has limitations and all pieces are not available, it could be that the two versions adopt different solutions, so both could be interesting.

Edited by Calabar

@Toa_Of_Justice

Report your creations in this topic too, so I'll add that to the index! :classic:

All right then! :sweet:

(All models in this post fixed for LDD 4.1.8 on January 5, 2012)

8190 - Claw Catcher - Theme: Power Miners

8190_claw_catcher_small.png

Bigger Picture

LXF File

Unfortunately, there are a few inaccuracies, but otherwise, I believe my rendering is 100% instructions-accurate. Feel free to point out anything else I can do to improve it.

• The Lava Monster has no eyes, but that's a limitation of LDD.
  • The driver (Brains) has a substituted torso print, and no leg printing.
  • Obviously, stickers were left off (they weren't available in LDD).
  • Not all accessories could fit into the side crates, but again, that's a limitation of LDD. Fixed! I was able to use clip plates to secure some of the accessories in temporarily, then I deleted the clip plates to give the illusion of the accessories in their crates.
  • There is supposed to be an 8x8 grill plate over the water tank, but it wouldn't fit over the hinge plate, so I used a regular 8x8 plate instead. Fixed!

8059 - Seabed Scavenger - Theme: Atlantis

8059_seabed_scavenger_small.png

Bigger Picture

Older Picture (with decoration)

Larger Older Picture (with decoration)

LXF File

Unfortunately, the helmet piece is different (I couldn't find the proper one) (Fixed!), there's no leg or torso printing on either figure, and there's no stickers. Also, I had to put the diver's flippers somewhere. Ordinarily, I would have used the holes on either side of the Atlantis helmet, but I still couldn't do that this time. :sad:In addition, LDD's poorly programmed hinge controls completely prevented me from moving the joystick in the cockpit into the minifigure's hand, but that's a minor problem. (Fixed!) Otherwise, I followed the instructions 100%. :grin:New error: The Manta Warrior's face decoration is now unavailable (and still unavailable in LDD 4.1.8).

5982 - Smash 'n' Grab - Theme: Space Police III

5982_smash-n-grab_small.png

Bigger Picture

LXF File

Once again, I followed the instructions to the best of my ability, but there were several issues. First of all, both minifigures have substituted torso prints. Secondly, I couldn't find Squidtron's head in LDD, so I used an ordinary head coupled with a reversed jester hat as a mockup. (Fixed!) The biggest issue by far (which was present even in LDD 1.4!) is that the hook cannot fit into its socket, so I had to use some bricks to slide it into place. (UPDATE - Jan. 5, 2012: Fixed in LDD 4.1.8!) I used a similar technique to get the money inside the ATM. Once again, there are no stickers.

8045 - Mini Telehandler - Theme: TECHNIC

8045_mini_telehandler_small.png

Bigger Picture

LXF File

I only had one major issue with this model: the "Catch W. Cross Hole" (also available in Design byME) was too long. For the sake of appearance, I used a black 9L axle to compensate for that other part's incorrect geometry. (Fixed!)

I'd like to thank LEGO once again for their innovative set designs, and providing me with the opportunity to further test LDD's connection capabilities by building their sets.

-Toa Of Justice

Edited by Toa_Of_Justice

UPDATE 11/1/2010: Updated to LDD 4. Metallic silver parts were corrected to color 298 Cool Silver drum lacq.

Finished 8632 Swamp Raid. Decorated surfaces that can't be decorated with LDD were left blank, as always. Other than that, I was happily surprised to find that the set went together flawlessly-- no parts were unable to connect as they do in the set.

8632_swamp_raid.png

LDD file

Edited by Aanchir