Calabar

[KEY TOPIC] Official LEGO Sets made in LDD

3225 Classic Train - Theme: Trains

3225_classic_train.jpg

3225 LXF

Notes:

- No stickers.

- Each object (loc, car, minifigs etc.) is grouped in the LXF for convenience.

- Different decoration on minifig faces (standard vice moustache/eyebrows).

- Different decorations on minifig bodies (best fitting replacements).

- Missing decoration (Mail Pattern) on Yellow Container Box Door (4346).

- Black Hinge Bar 2 & 1/2 with 2 and 3 Fingers on Ends (2880) not in LDD. In the locomotive, it should be fitted to Red Hinge Plate 1 x 2 with 3 Fingers and Hollow Studs (4275). Both (Hinge Plate & Bar) are replaced with custom build combination of Red Hinge Plate (44302), Black Hinge Cylinder (30552) and Black Bar 3L (87994).

- Passenger Car: Black Window 1x4x5 (2493) not in LDD. No replacement (needed) as element serves as open door frame in passenger car. (Corrected with LDD 4.3.5 Brick Version 835.4)

- Two extra Windscreens 2x6x2 (4176) are part of the set, for use in alternative models. They are also included in the LXF.

Edited by Sjuip

7344 Dump Truck - Theme: City

7344_dump_truck.jpg

7344 LXF

Notes:

- Different minifig face decoration.

- Missing Tipper Bucket 32 x 16 x 10 2/3 (52045), replaced with (rather crude :hmpf_bad: ) custom build Bucket (grouped separately in the LXF).

- Tyre Black Tire 68.8 x 36 H (41893) not in LDD, replaced with best fitting replacement Tyre 68.7 x 34 R (61480).

Going through all these for indexing, I'm surprised how few Classic Space sets have appeared given the parts that got added last time. So, to correct that, here's a little one from me.

6822 Space Digger - Theme: Space (Duplicate)

6822%20Space%20Digger.png?dl_name=6822%20Space%20Digger.png

LXF File

Only the brick piece (792c01) used to attach the arm is missing, so it's been substituted by a grouped collection of bits.

Edited by AndyC

7287 Police Boat

Theme - City

city_7287_police_boat.jpg

Download

Don't let the pic fool you. The lxf is boring and "neutral" with no action at all. I'll try to do it that way in the future,

Missing prints and decals.

Not sure if this counts as an official set or not. Also the set number I'm using probably isn't a real set number, but it was on the instructions in a couple of spots.

4660865 Target Gift Card Promotion

Theme - ???

4660865_target_gift_card.jpg

Download

Missing Target Bullseye print on dog.

Duplicate

8089 Hoth Wampa Cave

Theme - Star Wars

sw_8089_hoth_wampa_cave.jpg

download

Missing prints and decals

Missing helmet, used substitute.

Missing horns on Wampa, improvised.

7287 Police Boat

Theme - City

Not sure if this counts as an official set or not. Also the set number I'm using probably isn't a real set number, but it was on the instructions in a couple of spots.

It sure is an official set, though it is no longer on the product side of TLG website. See here.

I could not help noticing that your minifigs are (in my opinion) slightly off the mark. See here.

- The policeman in the leather jacket should have the new police decoration, which also has a print on the back. See here. (See note below).)

- This policeman should have a different face decoration. See here. (See note below).

- The other policeman (in the suit) should also have a different face decoration See here. In the LDD deco menu, it is the one on the top right.

- The prisoner should also have a different face decoration: the 'standard' villain-with-the-gold-tooth. See here. In the LDD deco menu, it is on the second row from the left, fourth from the top.

Note: You may or may not be aware, but some decorations exist in LDD although they are not accessible through the menus. You can get them by copy-paste from the reference LXF, see this helpful post

4553 Train Wash - Theme: Trains

4553_train_wash.jpg

4553 LXF

Notes:

- Build from instructions with bricks and colours checked against Peeron and Bricklink.

- Incorrect minifig face decorations (standard vice sunglasses/moustache).

- Incorrect minifig body decoration (best fitting replacement).

- Missing decoration (Gauges pattern) on White Tiles 2x2 (3068).

- Black Hinge Bar 2 & 1/2 with 2 and 3 Fingers on Ends (2880) not in LDD. Replaced by combination of Hinge Plates 4275 and 4276.

- 9V Straight Track (2865) replaced with RC Straight Track (53401), as the RC track fits onto the baseplate (9V track 74746 in LDD does not).

- Support 6 x 6 x 10 Stanchion (2681) not in LDD. Replaced with combination of Lattice Tower (58827) and Flat Tiles 2x4 (87079) with supporting bricks underneath.

I could not place the car on the tracks in the LXF, as the brushes are in the way. Apparently, in LDD the railroad cars don't want to be cleaned :laugh:

Edited by Sjuip

4184 The Black Pearl

Theme: Pirates of the Caribbean

Link to .LXF

Aside from the obvious shortcomings in the minifig department...

*95227 with 2560

*Instructions Book 1, step 24: LDD won't let cannons sit as shown. Replaced 3795 and 3022 on each side with 3460, 3710, and 2431.

*95229 with 6020

*Book 1, Step 57, 95228 with 3062

*Book 2, Step 79, front pair of 6266 are facing outwards, LDD woundn't allow rotation when facing inwards

*Book 2, Step 80, 64647s aren't attached to torches, LDD won't allow the connection

*95354 replaced with brick-built placeholder, entire anchor assembly unattached to model

*32209 replaced with 63695

*Book 2, Step 93, 47996 are only attached to hull, not mast

*Figurehead height extended by 1 plate to allow hairpiece and wings to fit in LDD

*Sails not attached/included

*x127c11 (11L string w/ studs) not in LDD

*Cloth flag on top (bb511pb02) replaced with 2525, to fill the space

It's getting to be time for me to head out for the night's festivities, so I hope I didn't miss anything in the notes. Let me know if I did!

**The link for the LXF is to Brickshelf, hopefully it gets made public without too much delay.

A couple of nice brick bugs spotted :thumbup:

Here are almost all the new Super Heroes sets:

6857 The Dynamic Duo Funhouse Escape (LDD 4.3.6 - Super Heroes: DC Heroes)

LXF File

the_dynamic_duo_funhouse_escape.png

ERRORS:

Missing part x127c31

Incorrect/missing prints and stickers

Part 3705 cannot connect to 6233 (p48)

6858 Catwoman Catcycle City Chase (LDD 4.3.6 - Super Heroes: DC Heroes)

LXF File

catwoman_catcycle_city_chase.png

ERRORS:

Incorrect/missing prints

6860 The Batcave (LDD 4.3.6 - Super Heroes: DC Heroes)

LXF File

the_batcave.png

ERRORS:

Part 43903 cannot be flexed (Book 1, p27)

6862 Superman vs Power Armor Lex (LDD 4.3.6 - Super Heroes: DC Heroes)

LXF File

superman_vs_power_armor_lex.png

ERRORS:

Incorrect/missing prints6863

Batwing Battle Over Gotham City (LDD 4.3.6 - Super Heroes: DC Heroes)

LXF File

batwing_battle_over_gotham_city.png

ERRORS:

30160 Batman Jetski (LDD 4.3.6 - Super Heroes: DC Heroes)

LXF File

batman_jetski.png

ERRORS:

Incorrect/missing prints

30161 Batmobile (LDD 4.3.6 - Super Heroes: DC Heroes)

LXF File

batmobile.png

Edited by ADHO15

7897 Passenger Train - Theme: City / Trains

7897_passenger_train.jpg

7897 LXF

Notes:

- Build from instructions with bricks and colours checked against Peeron and Bricklink.

- All objects in the set (loc, cars, minifigs, etc.) grouped separately in the LXF for convenience.

- Incorrect minifig body decoration for Train Driver (airline outfit vice train outfit).

- White RC Train Base (55454) not in LDD, replaced with custom build base in white parts (grouped separately in the LXF).

- Black RC Handset (54753) not included (not in LDD). No electric cables inside (not in LDD).

- White Electric Light Brick 1 x 2 with Single Side Light (6035) not in LDD, replaced with White Technic Brick 1x2 (3700).

- White Train Front 6x14x7 2/3 (55768) and Transparant Red & Transparant Yellow Electric Train Light Prism 1 x 4 (2919) not in LDD. Replaced with custom build front with bricks and windows, grouped separately in the LXF.

EDIT: Train Front 55768 and Lamp Brick 6035 (74880 in LDD) corrected in LDD 4.3.6. No replacement (yet) for Light Prisms 2919.

EDIT2: Amended for LDD 4.3.8/1564. 9V Train Motor replaced with Train Motor 54754 (including cross axles and train wheels).

Edited by Sjuip

It sure is an official set, though it is no longer on the product side of TLG website. See here.

I guess I put that in an ambiguous spot. My question was about the Target gift card, not the boat. Anyway, thanks for the help on the minifigs. No matter how slow I scan through the prints, I always seem to pick the wrong one, or just assume the right one isn't included and I pick the next closest fit. All problems should be fixed.

All sets UPDATED to LDD 4.3.8

9493 - X-Wing Starfighter - Theme: Star Wars

9493.png

LXF File

Errors:

Rubber bands are unable to be placed

All decorations and stickers are incorrect or missing

9494 - Anakin's Interceptor - Theme: Star Wars

9494.png

LXF File

Errors:

All decorations and stickers are incorrect or missing

EDIT: Updated to LDD 4.3.8

Edited by penguinz

9493 - X-Wing Starfighter - Theme: Star Wars

LXF File

Errors: Rubber bands are unable to be placed, R5-D5's head is not available in LDD, replaced with 553b, cockpit is unable to fully close, all prints and stickers are unavailable.

9494 - Anakin's Interceptor - Theme: Star Wars

LXF File

Errors: Two 6091s are unable to fit under 50986pb01, 3795 is unable to fit under 44570, Anakin's and Obi Wan's Hair pieces are substitutions, no prints or stickers are available.

X-wing cockpit issue: See attached screenshot. This is boarderlining on being an illegal build. Or put otherwise, in a physcial model the cockpit shouldn't be possible to close 100% either. If this is in turn is putting stress on the "click parts" of the hinges, then it's an illegal build by the TLG designers.

[image deleted]

Interceptor: I'm not sure if the 3795/44570 is an illegal build or not. It seems like an awfully tight fit. Does any of you guys have this model and can test? If you push the canopy ever so lightly, can you see it touch the 3795? You can also do a paper test; put piece of paper in between the parts. Then open the canopy and see if a pressure mark was made on the paper. If yes it is an illegal build.

The X-Wing cockpit issue makes sense, thank you for the helpful screenshot. As for Interceptor, I sadly do not have the canopy piece in any of its versions, so thus I am unable to test the fit. However, I do know that past Interceptors have used that part in the same position...

I don't have the set, but have tried building the relevant bit of the canopy and it looks ok to me. It seems to pass the paper test too, though it's a tricky shape to put paper into without creasing it up a bit anyway. I'm leaning towards that being a bug.

As for 44570, that's definitely a brick bug. It seems the underside of the two middle studs (in the 3x4 bit) don't count as valid connection points so you can't place any kind of brick under there, which is clearly a mistake.

4565 Freight & Crane Railway - Theme: Trains

4565_-_freight_and_crane_railway.jpg

4565 LXF

Notes:

- All objects (loc, cars, minifigs, etc.) are grouped in the LXF for convenience.

- Different decorations on minifig faces (standard vice moustache/sunglasses).

- Different decorations on minifig bodies (best fitting replacements).

- Blue Jack Assembly (4629) missing in LDD, replaced with custom build Jack.

- Black Electric Train Light Prism 1 x 4 Holder (2928) not in LDD, replaced with custom build of Black (Technic) Bricks.

- Transparant Yellow Electric Train Light Prism 1 x 4 (2919) not in LDD, replaced with Transparant Yellow Technic Pin 1/2 (4274).

- White Electric Light Brick 1 x 2 with Single Side Light (6035) not in LDD, replaced with White Technic Brick 1x2 (3700).

- No electric cables inside locomotive.

- Different decoration (Train Controls) on Black Tile 1x4 (2431).

- Technic Plate 1x4 with Toothed Ends (4263) not in LDD. Replaced with Plate 1x4 with two Studs (92593).

- Black Hinge Bar 2 & 1/2 with 2 and 3 Fingers on Ends (2880) not in LDD. Replaced by combination of Hinge Plates 4275 and 4531.

- Baseplate 32x32 Straight Road (80547) not in LDD. Replaced with Baseplate 30225.

- Support 6 x 6 x 10 Stanchion (2681) not in LDD. Replaced with combination of Lattice Tower (30517) and Flat Tiles 2x4 (87079).

- Hook, Plate, Modified 1 x 2 with Crane Hook Left (3127) not in LDD. Replaced by Hook with Ball (30395)

- Strings placed separately.

- Yellow Crane Bucket (3492) not in LDD. No replacement... :sad:

EDIT: Updated to LDD 4.3.5. Yellow Crane Bucket now added :sweet: (LDD part no. 75172 :wacko: ). Also White Lamp Brick (6035) added (LDD part no. 74880 :wacko: ).

Edited by Sjuip

Some more sets from the Star Wars theme:

9490 Droid Escape (LDD 4.3.5 - Star Wars: Episodes 4/5/6)

LXF File

droid_escape_02.png

ERRORS:

9491 Geonosian Cannon (LDD 4.3.5 - Star Wars: Clone Wars)

LXF File

geonosian_cannon2.png

ERRORS:

Replaced parts 44827 with 50231, and 492751 with 98148

Incorrect/missing prints

Part 32187 cannot connect to 61184 (p26)

9493 X-Wing Starfighter (LDD4 - Duplicate)

LXF File

xwing_starfighter.png

ERRORS:

Missing part x71

9494 Anakin's Jedi Interceptor (LDD4 - Duplicate)

LXF File

anakins_jedi_interceptor2.png

ERRORS:

9495 Gold Leader's Y-Wing Starfighter (LDD4)

LXF File

gold_leaders_ywing_starfighter.png

ERRORS:

Collision error between parts 3673 and 32013 (p48)

9674 Naboo Starfighter And Naboo (LDD4)

LXF File

naboo_starfighter_and_naboo2.png

ERRORS:

Replaced part 98107 with brick-built solution

Missing prints

9675 Sebulba's Podracer And Tatooine (LDD4)

LXF File

sebulbas_podracer_and_tatooine3.png

ERRORS:

Replaced part 98107 with brick-built solution

Missing prints

Edited by ADHO15
Fixed 9494 set's number

1817 - Sea Plane with Hut and Boat

Theme: Town

1817_sea_plane_with_hut_and_boat.jpg

LXF

NOTE:

- Minifigs have incorrect heads

- Minifigs have incorrect torsos

- Missing sticker

- Incorrect decoration on slope

- Used substitute for window with glass

- Missing string

- Used wedge 48183 instead of 4859

Update:

- Fixed brown in LXF file

Edited by ok13

From the Castle: Kingdoms theme, it's:

10223 Kingdoms Joust (LDD4)

LXF File

kingdoms_joust.jpg

ERRORS:

Missing parts 95343 and 95344

Replaced Chrome Gold with Metallic Sand Yellow, Medium Dark Flesh with Medium Nougat, Metallic Gold with Reddish Gold and Metallic Silver with Silver Metallic

Replaced parts 33322 with 87692, 89522 with 53451, 89524 with 48492 and 95228 with 64644

Incorrect/missing prints

Collision error between the roof and the wall of the blue building.

LXF File

ERRORS:

Replaced Chrome Gold with Metallic Sand Yellow, Medium Dark Flesh with Medium Nougat, Metallic Gold with Reddish Gold and Metallic Silver with Silver Metallic

Replaced parts 33322 with 87692, 89522 with 53451, 89524 with 48492 and 95228 with 64644

Incorrect/missing prints

The bowl where the cherries are, are removed when opening file. Probably they are placed abit too far down into the bowl and thus the collisions volumes collide. The same with the plume on the queen. It is stuck to far into the headpiece, forcing it to collide with the head stud, and then it is removed when opening file.

Regarding the roof/wall, I managed to put it on. I looked at the building guide and hope I got it right, but I'm not sure when you say you couldn't. In any case it is a very tight fit, and I'm wondering if this is not another illegal build?

The bowl where the cherries are, are removed when opening file. Probably they are placed abit too far down into the bowl and thus the collisions volumes collide. The same with the plume on the queen. It is stuck to far into the headpiece, forcing it to collide with the head stud, and then it is removed when opening file.

I'm looking in some more into the roof/wall colission error.

I fixed the Queen's crown, but the LXF obviously hasn't updated yet. It didn't tell me about the cherries, so I'll go back and fix that now.

EDIT: The cherries were still there and the file loaded fine for me, but I've raised the cherries higher above the bowl now anyhow.

Edited by ADHO15

Good Job! :thumbup:

Try input hinge angle between 24.2-24.4 then no collision. So use 24.3.

Edited by bbqqq

LXF File

ERRORS:

Incorrect/missing prints

I'd like to point out an error I've seen multiple times in recent weeks. There is no longer a need to substitute for Chrome Gold and Chrome Silver. These colors have been on LDD for a while now, under the names 310 Metalized Gold and 309 Metalized Silver. They don't look entirely accurate since they have the same reflectiveness as any other metallic-colored parts, but these are the correct TLG equivalents for these two chrome colors.

This advice also applies to anyone updating past LDD MOCs, especially since we should be getting an LDD update sometime this month. Remember that Superkalle's LDD Manager has a VERY reliable color chart for converting Bricklink color names to TLG color names. Additionally, for those with or without LDD Manager, the best color resource currently on the web is Peeron's color chart, which cross-references Peeron color names with Bricklink color names and numbers, TLG color names and numbers, LDraw numbers, and in some cases even pantones.

I'd like to point out an error I've seen multiple times in recent weeks. There is no longer a need to substitute for Chrome Gold and Chrome Silver. These colors have been on LDD for a while now, under the names 310 Metalized Gold and 309 Metalized Silver. They don't look entirely accurate since they have the same reflectiveness as any other metallic-colored parts, but these are the correct TLG equivalents for these two chrome colors.

Well I thought that was the case, but I imported the king from another set where his crown was Metallic Sand Yellow, so I stuck with that. The Peeron chart does not list Metalised Gold and Silver as the equivalent colours for Chrome Gold and Silver, so I couldn't be sure.