Calabar

[KEY TOPIC] Official LEGO Sets made in LDD

8258 Crane Truck- Theme: Technic - LXF file

Errors:

•1x Light Bluish Gray Electric, Pole Reverser / Polarity Switch missing

•1x Black String, Cord Medium Thickness 200cm missing

•1x Black Technic Hook Large Metal missing (axle for attaching the string attached directly to arm)

•3x Technic, Gear 24 Tooth Clutch replaced by Technic, Gear 24 Tooth (New Style with Single Axle Hole) in white color

•2x Red Hose, Soft Axle 12 do not bend in LDD. Replaced by Red Hose, Soft Axle 11

No stickers.

WOW!

Edited by Calabar
Deleted quoted image

853 Car chasis Technic

lxf

853thumb.jpg

Errors in this model:

Replaced parts througout due to older model:

BricklinID-LDDPart#-(description)

3001old-3001-(2x4 brick)

3149c01-3937&6134-(hinge plate)

3651-32013-(0 dregree angle element)

3680c01-74340-(2x2 turntable)

3704-32062-(2M axle)

3736-2741-(steering wheel)

3739-86652-(rim)

3740-32019-(tyre)

re-designs:

1) The engine was redesigned. See lxf.

2) Steering altered a little: compare model with the the original

3) some minor changes, fx. axle-length changed because length of universal joint is different - I will describe them later.

LDDTechnician

Edited by LDDtechnician

20200 - Space Designer (LEGO MBA Kit 1) [Vers 01] - Theme: Master Builder Academy

helicraft.png

Helicraft.lxf

20200 - Space Designer (LEGO MBA Kit 1) [Vers 02] - Theme: Master Builder Academy

rocket.png

Rocket.lxf

20200 - Space Designer (LEGO MBA Kit 1) [Vers 03] - Theme: Master Builder Academy

spacefighter.png

SpaceFighter.lxf

Errors: none that I'm aware of, but as mentioned above this is my first go at this!

Cheers ~ Perry

EDIT: I originally had these modeled separately, but was trying to following directions exactly! You can now download them individually.

Edited by PerryMakes

@PerryMakes

Welcome in this topic!

You did a good work!

The model you reported has three different models using the same pieces: we call that alternates and are considered different sets here.

You should then report it as three separate set, with an image for each, named "Space Designer (LEGO MBA Kit 1) [Vers 01]", "Space Designer (LEGO MBA Kit 1) [Vers 02]" and "Space Designer (LEGO MBA Kit 1) [Vers 03]".

You can post the present image as an additional image using a text link.

Thanks!

Hello friends! With the latest patch I was excited to add Darth Vader's real head and the new Imperial Guard heads to the previous Death Stars (10188) that have appeared on this forum. This is my first attempt at using LDD. It wound up growing into quite a large project! Most of the credit belongs to bspline for his very detailed Death Star model and to ADHO15 for the Death Star minifigs. After I added ADHO15's minifigs to bspline's model, I made some additions of my own, the last and most ambitious of which was to try to tackle that crazy Superlaser and the satellite dish. It was hinge mania for countless hours, but I'm very happy with the end result. The SuperLaser is perfect minus 8 hinge pieces that don't fit due to imprecise collision detection.

10188 - Death Star - Star Wars (duplicate)

Download the .LXF (4th version, 8/21/2011)

post-68310-1313338689.jpg

Other additions/updates:

• Added mouse droid and probe droid
  • Grouped each minifig for easy playability
  • Added some skins to minifigs and updated Chewbacca (he still looks bad but oh well)
  • Added capes to Darth Vader, Emperor Palpatine, Obi-Wan Kenobi & the 2 Imperial Guardsmen
  • Added power flex tube to SuperLaser (on floor)
  • Flexed guard rails slightly to mimic curve of Death Star
  • Rotated Superlaser to point up slightly (dish is grouped. To rotate again, first remove dish, rotate arm, then re-attach. This is required because the dish has 8 floating pieces that will block any attempt to rotate whilst attached).
  • Gave the good guys caught in the trash compactor a new hope
  • Added snake-like neck to monster
  • Added chain so Luke may swing across the chasm when ready
  • Updated cargo robot arms. They are now ready to menace the Death Star astromech

8/14/2011 (v2)

• Major update to Superlaser, it is now as close to perfect as it can be IMO
  • Removed all extra pieces on Superlaser shaft
  • Re-flexed guard rails w/ better rotation on the holders for a better curved look

8/15/2011 (v3)

• Added hose to lower level cannon
  • Updated lower level cannon with correct rocket & barrel
  • Added toolchest on wheels w/ blaster and scanner
  • Updated the Death Star gunner helmets
  • Updated blaster pistols and blaster rifles
  • Updated Luke's grapple string to correct piece

8/21/2011 (v4)

• re-posed Ben
  • now hosting on Brickshelf

More pics:

Superlaser!

Back view

Throne room

Soon-to-be unhappy Han Solo

Mouse droid and Darth's Tie

Errors:

• 8 hinge pieces on superlaser dish cause collisions, so they are removed
  • The shaft that holds the superlaser dish should be 6M with end cap, replaced with simple 6M shaft
  • No string to raise the elevator :(
  • Missing extra loose debris pieces in the trash compactor
  • Lots of missing prints on minifigs and wrong Chewbacca head, wrong C3-PO/deathstar droid heads

Edited by AmiPolizeiFunk

Wow... great work for the first attempt!

The post is a bit irregular anyway!

- The image maximum size is 512x512

- You have to report highlighted name, number and theme of the set (specifying it is duplicate in the index, i.e. some one other did the same set before)

- Other images can be post as a text link (no need for spoiler tag)

You can read all the rules in the first post of this topic.

Another thing: I read now you have used ADHO15's model.

In that case, did you ask his consent?

Hello friends! With the latest patch I was excited to add Darth Vader's real head and the new Imperial Guard heads to the previous Death Stars (10188) that have appeared on this forum.

Another promising LDD builder has joined our ranks. Much welcome. :classic:

@AmiPolizeiFunk

I corrected your last post: there could be only one image for a single set, other images can be inserted as links.

Please fix the previous post, the Death Star one, as explained above.

(second session with LDD ... decided to kick it up a notch, and I definitely got that! At least now I know what the hinge align tool is for :)

8262 - Quad Bike - Theme: Technic

8262-1.png

LXF File

Errors:

• found the parts I thought were missing (thanks for the help!)
  • obviously no stickers

Cheers ~ Perry

Edited by PerryMakes

Another thing: I read now you have used ADHO15's model.

In that case, did you ask his consent?

I would love to ask him, and bspline as well, but I am not allowed to view member profiles or send PMs, as far as I can tell. :(

I would love to ask him, and bspline as well, but I am not allowed to view member profiles or send PMs, as far as I can tell. :(

That's true: you have to reach 10 posts to use PM's.

I can't approve that post without the consent of the original builder.

The update of other user's set is a legal pratice only if:

- you have the consent of the original builder

- the original builder is not available anymore

So... reach those 10 posts (did you introduce yourself in the "Hello! My name is..." forum?) and contact the users.

8265: Front Loader- Theme: Technic - LXF file

8265_original2.png

Errors: none known - except for missing stickers.

Extra:

This LXF contains original building instructions (step numbers does not match, since LDD supports only 3 levels of BI steps and original uses more). Just switch to building instructions view and you will see.

Building this model in LDD was more tricky than expected, because it contains lot of parts sliding freely on axles, so proper alignment is more dificult than in case of build using pins (the middle and the rear part I had to rebuild twice to get proper alignment).

I recomend to anybody doing studless builds in LDD to build some main frame of the model using pins (because they snap and do not slide) and only after that fill it with other parts, otherwise it may happen, that it will not be possible to add some parts that require precise alignment.

My second recomendation is: do not use hinge align tool on technic models. At least not when parts are attached main body of model. LDD during the hinge align operation tries to move and rotate more parts then you expect and as a result some micro moves occurr (like in my case, some angles were not 90 degrees but 89.93 or 90.07 degrees and this small difference accumulated and resulted in missalignment which prevented attachment parts connected by pins). Similar error as in this post.

And the third recomendation: if the bricks just do not want to snap in and connect, connect them in diferent order if possible or connect smaller or larger structures. LDD is doing some floating point math to determine position and connection points. Since floating point operations are not accurate, it makes some difference when they are done in different order, so reordering of parts sometimes helps.

Edited by hrontos

Errors: none known - except for missing stickers.

Extra:

This LXF contains original building instructions (step numbers does not match, since LDD supports only 3 levels of BI steps and original uses more). Just switch to building instructions view and you will see.

Well, well - A new dawn in the LDD history - custom made building instruction steps. :thumbup:

It would be really intersting to hear some more about how you did this. :classic:

And also very nice to see that you managed to complete the entire model without errors. It really shows that LDD is getting to be a really dependable tool.

(EDIT: Any particular reason why the file is saved in LU Mode and not Extended?)

Old version of LDD allow to choose how many bricks you can add for each step. I think that was a good feature, and I'd like to see it again.

How do you create and integrate the these accurate instructions?

Looking at the LXF file - it seems the are a load of building instruction features... specifying which parts goes with which steps and where

<BuildingInstructions>
   <BuildingInstruction name="BuildingGuide1">
     <Step name="Step1">
       <Step name="Step1Substep1">
         <Step name="Step1Substep1Substep1">
             <PartRef partRef="434"/>
             <PartRef partRef="435"/>
         </Step>
         <Step name="Step1Substep1Substep2">
             <PartRef partRef="433"/>
             <PartRef partRef="436"/>

Was the file customed edited? Is this perhaps a feature we missed in all the releases?

Edited by roamingstudio

(second session with LDD ... decided to kick it up a notch, and I definitely got that! At least now I know what the hinge align tool is for :)

8262 - Quad Bike - Theme: Technic

LXF File

Errors:

• missing 2739 Link 1 x 6 - part is not available in LDD
  • missing 32136 Pin Double with Axle Hole - part is not available in LDD (surprised by this one - going to post a request for this VERY common part)
  • obviously no stickers

Cheers ~ Perry

Hi Perry

2739 is marked for deletion in the BL catalogue. TLG has used 32005 (with stoppers) for many years, so I'm quite certain it's supposed to be that element, and then it is in LDD.

32136 isn't in LDD, but 32138 is and that is the one to use. This is mostly an error in the BL catalogue (6 instead of an 8). Tip: Use LDD Manager to search for the BL numbers, and you will see if it's in LDD or not. You can unfortunately not rely on just taking the BrickLink ItemID and searching for that in LDD.

Was the file customed edited? Is this perhaps a feature we missed in all the releases?

Yes, the instructions were generated outside LDD. I have a very simple tool that uses groups and subgroups supported by by LDD to create instruction steps and substeps. Take a look and see the groups and subgroups in this file. As you see these instructions have all steps using the same view. Next step is to add automatic proper view determining algorithm with possibility to edit the view manually. If we do not want to cheat and use the brick geometry provided by TLG in LDD, each brick is represnted by only one point in 3D space, it is sometimes tricky and calculated view is completely wrong. And another unpleasant feature of LDD is that BI are deleted when model changes.

400 - Universal Building Set - 400-01

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/thomasmain/LDD/400-01.lxf

This is my first attempt at reproducing an official Lego set in LDD. Because of the age of the set, I made several substitutions:

* used a 1x2 brick instead of old style legs (part 51)

* used a 1x2 brick and 1 x 2 jumper plate instead of old style torso (part 17)

* used headlight brick instead of old 1 x 1 window(39c01)

* used custom wheel assembly instead of parts bb19c02 and 7049b

* used open stud 1x1 round bricks instead of closed stud

I would appreciate any tips/advice/corrections; however, since I haven't posted much to eurobricks, I cannot send messages or view profiles.

post-2074-131315597064.jpg

Tip: Use LDD Manager to search for the BL numbers, and you will see if it's in LDD or not. You can unfortunately not rely on just taking the BrickLink ItemID and searching for that in LDD.

I'm still unable to get LDD Manager working on my system (WIn7 x64 + Office 2010 x64). I've installed the 2003 runtime, but that doesn't appear to produce any positive effect. That's great news though... meaning the model should be entirely complete!

Regards ~ Perry

Yes, the instructions were generated outside LDD. I have a very simple tool that uses groups and subgroups supported by by LDD to create instruction steps and substeps.

Oh, great work then!

Do you think to share that tool?

Another thing: I'm not sure about what you mean with "only 3 levels of BI steps". Can you explain me in details?

Oh, great work then!

Do you think to share that tool?

Another thing: I'm not sure about what you mean with "only 3 levels of BI steps". Can you explain me in details?

Yes, I will share it. But most of the work will be still on model designer, because he has to create proper groups and subgroups just like I did it. It is much more simple when just copying instructions - mainly because LDD only adds groups and subgroups to the end of list and you cannot insert into middle, so if you forget a step to insert it means move all groups that should be after the forgotten step. But I will support also this operation outside LDD, because it is faster. I do not expect TLG will extend the grouping functionality, since they probably treat groups as unordered sets.

Concerning the 3 levels: during my testing it looked like BIs can have only main steps, each main step can have substeps and each this substep can have substeps. These second substeps cannot have another third level of substeps. LDD either crashed or regenerated instruction with more levels.