Rate the set  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Vote your opinion on the set

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

Those minifigs are SWEET! Glad the dragon and lion knights both have printed legs. Will get multiples of this set.

Thanks for the review KimT!

:thumbup:

Well thanks for the nice review. I think this will be the only kingdoms set I'll buy apart of the big castle.

The minifigs are really nice and I prefer much more this "standard" dragon torso to the one with all the chains.

Andrea

Pearl gold cheese slopes! Oooh! This looks like an awesome set, thanks very much for the review, KimT! Actually, the parts look to be very useful for post-Apoc... there's another bonus. :grin:

~Peace

Pearl gold cheese slopes! Oooh! This looks like an awesome set, thanks very much for the review, KimT! Actually, the parts look to be very useful for post-Apoc... there's another bonus. :grin:

~Peace

I thought they are the yellow one. If these realy are pearl gold cheese slopes, I'll buy more of these set.

Edited by Kratzy974

Are the shields stickers? The gray outline around the logos make it seem like they're stickers.

Actually you may be right.. on closer look they appear to be which is a huge NEGATIVE!

Other way they are extremely poorly printed?

I'd prefer poorly printed however than stickers. Recently my Maersk ship stickers have all started to peel off :((

Thanks for the sweet review KimT!

I too will be getting this set for the great figs and horse barding... and because it's cheap, and because my knights are waiting for reinforcements since 1995 ;)

As much as I like cheese slopes, I think the limit in the parts:cheese slopes ratio is reached. In my opinion TLC is going crazy with cheese in the Kingdoms theme.

There's just too many awesome sets this summer - and I like to try out all lines, so it seems this time I can only afford one set for Kingdoms. Great set, but I'm torn between this and the Catapult set. Hmm.

Anothe rnew kingdoms set review! Where are you all getting these sets so early? :tongue:

This is a nice set, nothing more and nothing less. the figs are outstanding, the carriage itself is a bit so-so, i don't really like the fact that it is so "open".

Inventory picture as promised:

gallery_101_23_40755.jpg

Are the shields stickers? The gray outline around the logos make it seem like they're stickers.

Not stickers.

There's a small outlineyes, but in my opinion it only adds to the classic feel of this set.

And I like how we get a black sword again finally, but it is not a true black sword :grin:

It's not black.

It's dark pearl gray (or something close to that)

I thought they are the yellow one. If these realy are pearl gold cheese slopes, I'll buy more of these set.

They are pearl gold :grin:

Anothe rnew kingdoms set review! Where are you all getting these sets so early? :tongue:

It fell into my lap.

Nice review KimT! :classic:

I think most people will get this for the figs, (and that sweet Great helm :thumbup: ) I believe that transport could be modified as a kings transport. But overall i rated this set an average, not enough to make me appreciate this set. (except the minifigs i like those. :thumbup: )

Rockets away! :skull:

I give this set the vote outstanding.

I have them in my hands and the minifigures are great. The prize for this set makes it perfect for army building. Forget about star wars, this is much better value.

I don't understand the critic about the wagon. In my view it's a great build with the limited amount of bricks. But that's just me.

This is another outstanding castle set, and another small set which is highly sought for multiples and parts pack. I am really starting to feel excited for this new castle theme. Thanks KimT for sharing this with us. :wub:

I give this set the vote outstanding.

I have them in my hands and the minifigures are great. The prize for this set makes it perfect for army building. Forget about star wars, this is much better value.

I don't understand the critic about the wagon. In my view it's a great build with the limited amount of bricks. But that's just me.

I imagine the critique of the prison part is that it's not all that enclosed. Theoretically, a person could easily jump out, especially since the bars could be climbed without a hassle. Not sure how it could have been improved, though, besides raising that clip up just a bit.

I imagine the critique of the prison part is that it's not all that enclosed. Theoretically, a person could easily jump out, especially since the bars could be climbed without a hassle. Not sure how it could have been improved, though, besides raising that clip up just a bit.

Are you expecting LEGO to reflect real life?

It's a toy :laugh:

I suggest picking a different hobby, if you really think LEGO will ever make an authentic set this size.

These small sets really pack a punch! :thumbup:

Ow! :cry_sad:

Another must from another great line-up. :classic: I love TLG sometimes.

Great review Kim!

In no way is this set worth $10, but the minifigures do look really nice. :classic:

I don't know about that... 3 minifigures AND a horse and some extra pieces... but I doubt it'll only be $10, maybe $11 or $12. I wouldn't pay any more than that, but it's worth $10, IMO.

$10 sets generally seem to translate to £6.99 in the UK, which I'd consider to be a great price for this set, if that is the case. Pleased that the shields are printed, and not stickered as I imagined they might be. Great figures too. I like it. Worth buying at least once!

Nice review. I really like the new great helm now that I have seen some really good pictures of it and I also really like the new coats of arms for the lion and dragon factions. I have to say that I am getting really excited about this new theme and I really can't wait until it is released here in the US. :classic:

I just remembered, this set is one of the two only sets with the Bucket helmet in this color, and this one is by far the cheapest--the other being the large dark green guy fortress.

Yay for reasons to buy this set! :cry_happy:

Ouch for my wallet this year! :cry_sad:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

They are pearl gold :grin:

Great. :cry_happy:

I'll buy a dozen of this set. Great figs, good to use parts but a horse (I do have a lot of them and do only use a few at a time)

Nice review.The set is good by minifigs,but the carriage is...sucks :thumbdown: .Is is for animals?

The set's name is Prison Carriage Rescue - what do you think it's for? :tongue:

Also there's multiple pictures of a guy from the lion's faction standing inside the prison carriage..shouldn't be too hard to figure out what it's for. :P

Brilliant set, 3 good unique fig's in one small set. This is a must buy!