Theme: Toy Story

Release: June 2010

Pieces: 589

Minifigs: 6; Woody, Jessie, Buzz Lightyear, Hamm, Bullseye & Rex

MSP: U.S. 79.99 MSRP

gallery_148_91_74405.jpg

Back of the box.

gallery_148_91_72768.jpg

The instructions & the parts in their numbered polybags.

gallery_148_91_45498.jpg

Booklet one.

gallery_148_91_55075.jpg

Booklet two.

gallery_148_91_26946.jpg

Random pages.

gallery_148_91_132365.jpg

The minifigs packed and suffocating from the lack of air :cry_sad: .

gallery_148_91_8329.jpg

Bag 1.

gallery_148_91_96076.jpg

Bag 2.

gallery_148_91_43303.jpg

Bag 3.

gallery_148_91_34018.jpg

Bag 4 & 5.

gallery_148_91_35840.jpg

The coolest pieces.

Red trainwheels, the same as in the Emerald Night. The blinders aren´t used for this model and aren´t even listed in the partslist.

Should be because they get molded together in the same mold with the drivers and packed immediately after.

And there no stickers at all in this set, everything is printed :sweet:! The 1 is printed on a snotted 2x2 brick.

gallery_148_91_808.jpg

The Emerald Night engine with red wheels.

gallery_148_91_13088.jpg

Finished train. Wow, that was some fast building :tongue:! Seriously though, I enjoyed the build a lot.

gallery_148_91_71140.jpg

The minifigs. The Alien isn´t included - he just wanted to get some minutes of fame :laugh:!

Hamm can be used as a piggy bank for the classic Lego coins, like the 20.

When he´s full, just pull out the rubber plug under his belly.

Ok, so any famous last words? Only that TLG has put the name of the characters in different languagues on the back of the box.

Like this for Hamm:

Specki - Bayonne - Jam - Guba

and for Bullseye:

Bully - Pil Poil (le cheval) - Perdigón - Bala - Szemenagy

Thanks for reading and now we´ll wait for it to be released and thoroughly reviewed :classic:!

Nice review!

I really like this set. It's a bit expensive, but as I'm a big TS fan, I'm going to get it. :cry_happy:

Nice review, and its great to see those Red train wheels especially those blinders. :cry_happy:

No stickers is also great. :thumbup:

the Inventor

Nice review! Although I probably won't get this I like Ham. Definitely getting the Pizza planet Truck though..

Masked Out

Is there a reason why everyone above me is saying "nice review"? :look:

The packaging for this set confuses me. The minifigs are separately bagged, but why aren't they assembled like the January Toy Story sets? :wacko:

Also, why is Buzz packaged in bag 1 when all the other minifigs are outside of the main bags?

There are some great parts in the set! Tons of intricate printed parts (it's neat how the 2 x 2 brick has sideways printing!), which may be one reason why the price is high (also because of the new molded minifigs).

The minifigs look stunning, and it's great to know that Rex's legs and tail can be taken off.

The train itself looks very colorful (which I like), but it seems pretty empty. There's nothing in the last two sections, the one with the "$" signs only has a box of dynamite, and the front section just has two levers and a blank 2 x 2 round tile.

I won't be getting this set, but it does look cool when built!

Thanks for the review CopMike!

(By the way, the set already has been thoroughly reviewed once; The Brick Show did a

) Edited by ILikePi

Okay set, I only really like the minifigs(especially the openable pig(how does his hat come off, can a minifig wear it?))

The packaging for this set confuses me. The minifigs are separately bagged, but why aren't they assembled like the January Toy Story sets? :wacko:

Also, why is Buzz packaged in bag 1 when all the other minifigs are outside of the main bags?

1.Whoever had to build each minifig before putting them in bags had to got to the hospital for finger pains

2.He is the most normal minifig, the others are... :look:

Edited by indianajones

Thanks 'CopMike' for this review - ditto ditto on the printed parts bit - SWEET ! :grin:

Train is cute and rolling stock - cool too and then there are the minifig's - well you get them all here just about don't you eh ?

Thanks again and I'm a conformist! 'CopMike' I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

Thanks heaps for showing off you lucky so-and-so. Good to see Billund has been a blast. Now stop reviewing and get back to bowling and beers! :hmpf_bad:

"Nice review"

"Very nice review!"

Am I missing something? Where's the review? All I can see is a few pictures of the contents of the box. That's not a review in my books...

How did I miss this review? Very nice indeed! I must have been underwater too long.

I envy you for getting all these sets early CopMike. I probaby won't see this until June/July.

I particularly like the engine and the passenger wagon - Can't believe those are all printed pieces. I look forward to seeing this on store shelves. Nice! :thumbup:

EDIT: If you slapped a 9V motor on this set, where might you put it? I'm looking at your images of the engine. Does it lend itself to motorizing? (maybe with the new 8866 motor)

Having had the opportunity to take a good look at the very train CopMike has reviewed, I can say that the train is simply outstanding, if not also a refreshing change from the trains we're used to seeing, this being a toy-train based on a toy-train.

But, and this might be a big minus with this train, it isn't designed to accept any sort of motors from the get-go, altough it is possible to use the RC-train motor to power the big wheels, with the receiver and battery hidden somewhere on the train.

While I loved the first two Toy Story movies, I'm still having a hard time identyfying with these sets... And this set is perhaps the best example why. I mean, I've quit playing with toys other than Lego long ago (and I consider Lego much more than a mere toy). And this is a Lego set that is supposed to look nothing like a Lego set, but some plastic toy train. I've seen many trains like this in my old toy store. So in a way Lego tries to look like something I'm no longer interested in, and I'm no longer interested in it because I chose to be interested in Lego instead. If that makes any sense... *huh*

I know it's based on a movie and I know it's still bricks which you can use to build other stuff... But design-wise, it's really hard for me to get to like these sets...

Very nice review BTW... :classic:

Urgh, this set is looking more expensive by the minute, but I still wanna get it. Hope I can afford it when the time comes.

Thanks for the peek, but I'm not up on my train terminology: What are blinders? That middle wheel without the rim?

Thanks for the peek, but I'm not up on my train terminology: What are blinders? That middle wheel without the rim?

Yes. The idea is without the rim they can go around corners without excessive rail friction.

That will be a challenge to motorize it.

Putting an old-style 9V motor below one of the rolling stock would move their wheels too close together. I've got the set but it is sitting unopened for a while and I am far away from my motors to try fitting one. I'm playing around in MLCAD and I think the best solution is to add a tender to the set.

fW