Fallenangel

A question about LEGO X-wings...

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

Does anyone know of any X-wing MOCs - other than those of bwhp (Brucey-wan) or dateman - which retains the hexagonal shape of the rear fuselage and the nose? I wanted to use a different method from Brucey-wan's because the plates between the bricks just don't work in real life, and click hinges are much too flimsy.

I'm asking because the overwhelming majority of X-wing MOC's on the Internet leave the fuselage all boxy and the nose similarly boxy and IMHO the X-wing just doesn't look right that way.

A related question - does anyone know where I can find the measurements of the ILM studio models of Star Wars ships? (X-wing, Y-wing TIEs, etc.) I'm asking about the ACTUAL models used in the movie, or at least within a specific scene. Not the Wookieepedia or Cross-sections measurements, as those can be off.

roguebantha did give a fresh new look to LEGO X-wings, but I see he has also omitted the hexagonal fuselage...

There are many nice improvements over other models (the cockpit looks MUCH better), but still many inaccuracies - for example, the bottom of the X-wing's canopy should cut into the nose downwards, not upwards; and in any case those wings are just too thick. And I can't see the bottom very well, but it looks like he shortened the "midsection" between where the engines stop and the cockpit begins - the section that includes the cargo bay and the droid socket. Funny; the 7191 UCS X-wing has the exact same problem.

I'm also tempted to say that the nose is too short - but it may be that I'm used to the nose of the 4502 Dagobah X-wing.

In short, it's not exactly what I'm looking for...

Edited by fallenangel327

Could someone link / deeplink the above mentioned pics and folders?

Actually, I'd like to ask BaronSat about his larger X-wing model - I think certain parts of it were very nicely done and I'd like to see how that nose design would work out.

BaronSat are you there?