RohanBeckett

Just a little spaceship I built, many years ago...

I'd forgotten about this one for at least a decade or two.... then I re-discovered these photos... so glad they were taken!

Film was expensive.. so it must have been a decent enough model for me to convince my mother to take a couple of photos! :cry_happy:

azdod3.jpg

15moeh3.jpg

I'm pretty certain this would have exhausted nearly every white/blue/black/grey piece I had... I was always loath to use any other colours in spaceships! (it just wouldn't look right!)

All the buggies and mini-ships docked with the main spaceship, and it had plenty of hatches, and folding pieces!

You can probably guess the main Lego sets I had, by some of the unique pieces in it!

(is that 2 rare trans-yellow antennas on it? :grin: )

RB

Very nice it looks just like an original space ship, but bigger.

The colours are nice too.

That's pretty cool it's always nice to have extra little vehicles inside big vehicles. Perhaps you should remake this some time soon!

Great spaceship you had then 'RohanBeckett' - I agree with 'MacK' - remake it !

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Great spaceship you had then 'RohanBeckett' - I agree with 'MacK' - remake it !

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

I might be able to remake it with original parts... I have all my childhood lego in a big box behind me..

Unfortunately, I 'played-with-it-to-death', and as a result, most parts are in very poor condition.. scratched/scuffed/dull/broken.

Plus the box it was stored in, was kept in my fathers steel shed, and suffered about 20 years of VERY hot Australian summers...

a lot of the pieces are very brittle now.

I don't have many new space sets these days ..apart from my beloved 8480 Technic Shuttle! :D

RB

That is awesome, I love retro LEGO pics. Look at all those spacemen you have :wub:

I remember seeing creations like this in my LEGO magazine each month.

Cool ship!

Why did none of the sets I built as a kid look that good? Seriously, that looks like it could have been an official set if LEGO had higher pricepoints back then.

A very unique spacecraft, and quite a MOC for its time.

Looks to be a mix of late Classic Space and Futuron, so it would put it in around 1987.

Did you have any original Blacktron? I still have all of my 6954 Renegade, but the kit was a U.S. only release from what I can gather.

pretty big indeed... wonder how you swoosh that in the nude... :tongue:

did it survive your childhood in any way or did you take it apart the day after?

Thanks for the comments!

Yes.. a lot of classic space..

Heaps of little sets from 1979/1980, etc...

StarFleet Voyager... Galaxy Commander

Star Defender 200

was always a favourite, and

Sonar Transmitting Cruiser

was one of my biggest sets, and probably one of the last big Space sets I got, before 'requesting' more Technic sets for birthday/Christmas :)

I don't actually think I got a single Blacktron set... although I got a few M-Tron ones

Yes.. i'm guessing it was around 1988/1989... although I cropped the photos.. it was out in the backyard of the new big house we moved to, and the backyard was still pretty barren.. not many trees!

I used to love building this Super Space truck/van... think of an 'A-Team' style van.. but with large technic truck wheels.. huge windscreen at the front.. ramp at the back, to drive up other buggies.. flip out turrets, etc etc..

I used to spent hours doodling in school/lunchtime all these wild and crazy spacecraft ideas.. then come home and try to build them!

I wonder if I can find those sketches....

RB