Sign in to follow this  
snefroe

MOC: Another mighty ship!

Looks good but is not tall enough sides. The back is awsome. Oh sombody should make The Black Pearl now that would be awsome.

000_0892.jpg_thumb.jpg

I'm sure we've had this MOC in a past thread but I can't remember for sure. Maybe it was on another website, can anyone else remember?

000_0892.jpg_thumb.jpg

I'm sure we've had this MOC in a past thread but I can't remember for sure. Maybe it was on another website, can anyone else remember?

we get so many ships these days i wasn't sure. so i asked yoda. he didn't remember it tho, so i posted ...

As for comments upon this MOC... I'm too tired to come up with anything interesting so I'll just agree that the rear end of the beast is rather gratuitous compared to its mid rift.

Greetings, I feel to be forced to point this out..That some pieces on the rear are..Floating unde plates... like so ___ the underscore being the plate and slash's being a 1x1 cone. Its a nice ship but is too long(Thats

/\

what makes it look weird having 1 or two centre cections less. Im sure it would be a much greater ship!(looking wise that is) Thank your for showing us!

-Will

000_0892.jpg

Nobody has mentioned this... This ship looks like its made from two Red Beard Runners so just look at those nice rare pirate mini-figures! Why has nobody pointed this out yet?

Anyways, compared to the rest of the ship the forecastle or aftcastle or whatever castle its actually called has too much ornamentation in comparission to the rest of the ship. Its like they visited the Barbary Cost and did some ivory plundering then built it into their ship!

A supper RBR... not much more to say except the detailling is quite good on the 'back' (take that you nautical minded readers :-$ )

God Bless,

Nathan

Wow, I really do rather like this ship. The castle is just beautiful, and the sides are maginificent, you may think they dont have enought detail, but it is what gives it its charm. I love it.

A supper RBR... not much more to say except the detailling is quite good on the 'back' (take that you nautical minded readers :-$ )

You referring to the big behind end of the ship Mr Norro? X-D

Anyway, I've made another observation: A cominbation of two Red Beard Runners would have twice as many crew members. So either the creator has removed them or this isn't two complete Red Beard Runners, which would be a pitty since it comes with 4 of those rarer Spanish pirates. Ohhhh... Those lovely rare Spanish pirates...

Those lovely rare Spanish pirates...

You mean those with anchor tatoos? Yes, they are absolutely great, I have only 2 of them but I'm happy anyway :D

About the ship - it's just a boosted RBR but I don't care - I like it, look TLC, this is how RBR should've looked like from the beginning! However it definitely needs sails - including the jib which the RBR lacked!

Those lovely rare Spanish pirates...

About the ship - it's just a boosted RBR but I don't care - I like it, look TLC, this is how RBR should've looked like from the beginning! However it definitely needs sails - icluding the jib which the RBR lacked!

I agree. The backend is heavily influenced by the RBR... nothing wrong with being influenced by it. I do like the extension the ship has. It is a little simple, but as Evil_Willy said, it definately gives it something. I like the lattice windows... I really got to get more of those!

Doesn't the stern of the Red Beard Runner have a skull protruding from it? In this MOC it appears the builder has completely built over it so I'm not sure if I see an influence here, but rather a progression. Though it could be argue a progression is can only exist is there is an influence so everything I just wrote is now void.

Yes Mr Tole, this ship certainly does have a sail deficiency! But, if it was using the Red Beard Runner sails perhaps the ship builders decided to take them in for repairs as there seems to be an awful lot of holes in them.

Ah, wait a minute! Its not real is it? Those holes are suppose to be in the Red Beard Runner sails and therefore they don't need repairing. Guess, I'll have to pick another reason as to why the sails aren't present.

There was nothing wrong with the Red Beard Runner sails! When designing them The LEGO Company wanted to give them the appearance that the ship had been in many battles and the sails had been damaged. So to do this they intentionally put holes in them to make it look like they'd been caught in cannon fire.

x764px1.1113697522.jpg