Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shroud

How to use slide Rail pieces in LDD help

6 posts in this topic

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to use the slide rail pieces in LDD? They're the ones that u can slide pieces on the edge and have a small groove in them. Some of the atlantis sets use them and im planning on making something but are not sure how to use it as pieces dont just sit on them.

Cheers

Can anyone tell me how to use the slide rail pieces in LDD? They're the ones that u can slide pieces on the edge and have a small groove in them. Some of the atlantis sets use them and im planning on making something but are not sure how to use it as pieces dont just sit on them.

If you could post the ID of the bricks you mean, preferably with a link to BrickLink or Peeron, that would be helpful, or which of the Atlantis sets.

However, if you mean these two bricks, they slide perfectly well in LDD:

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=2653

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=32028

Yea i found those two after i posted the topic my only issue is that i want 32028 to have something attached to it when its inside 2653 but it doesn't have room. Is there another piece that is maybe a 32028 that's 2x2 not 1x2?

Yea i found those two after i posted the topic my only issue is that i want 32028 to have something attached to it when its inside 2653 but it doesn't have room. Is there another piece that is maybe a 32028 that's 2x2 not 1x2?

Well my dear Shroud, I think you have in fact stumbled on a connectivity error. I just noticed that is't not supposed to be like this. You are supposed to be able to place a brick on the 32028 while i'ts in the sliding position. I'll make sure this get's reported to Lego.

heh...just stumbled on the same problem myself. hopefully they fix it in an update soon...