19 members have voted

1. 1. How good is it?

• Excellent
    • Good
    • Okay
    • Room for Improvement
    • Bantha Poodoo

gallery_101_23_281.gif

My favourite Star Wars ship on display is a must, so I needed a stand! I wanted the stand to be different to other stands. Instead of just the set information on black bricks, I wanted to make it interesting. :sweet:

Overview:

overview.jpg

ARC-170:

arc_cockpits.jpg

pilot_and_gunner.jpg

rear_gunner.jpg

scafolding.jpg

Mountain Top:

rock_face.jpg

barc_trooper.jpg

scouts.jpg

native_creature.jpg

mountian_chicken.jpg

angles.jpg

no_figures.jpg

C&C welcome. :classic:

Edited by KimT

Very impressive and also a good way to make a display more interesting, with the stand being a cool little diorama like that. The details on the base are really neat, I love how those birds are completely unimpressed by the Clonetroopers bustling around and a spaceship blasting along overhead. :tongue:

I see that the girder the ship rests on is slightly angled backwards. Any chance of seeing how you mounted it? This design is so good, I might try to adapt it for my ARC-170.

Thanks for the nice comments so far. :thumbup:

@Rob- I just put a hinge under the girder held up slightly by two 1x2 plates and a bit of white tack. :wink: Although it isn't all LEGO, who is going to see the tack under the rocks, eh? :grin:

Nice stand. :thumbup::classic:

Bird against Kashyyk Clone biker scout: "No, that's not an easteregg, It's mine. And now get the XXXX out of here." :tongue:

Very interesting stand JD :thumbup:

I like that it is different to alot of others and this draws attention to it and contributes to it's awesomeness. :thumbup:

Excellent 'Jammiedodger714' - the birds are COOL ! :grin:

It's a pity that girder doesn't come in transclear eh ?

Overall it's a fantastic idea, and I might do the same for some of mt SW and CW gear.

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

it looks great Jammie! Im loving the bird perched on the rocks. I do have one problem with it though, wouldnt the huge arc-170 blow the scout troopers cover? :tongue:

Great work!

Excellent stand, it really is much nicer to look at than a boring black stand. It does draw some attention away from the ship though. These pictures are making me second guess my decision to not get the new arc 170

The rock looks good, and all those BARC troopers are a nice touch. My only gripe is the actual stand itself. It looks like the ARC is scraping over a radio tower. :tongue: It would be better if you could use something translucent.

EDIT: By the way, I love the Lair of Grievous reference in the poll. :grin:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi