Svelte

LEGO Prince of Persia Contest - Entries Discussion Thread

I hated my original Stalls entry. The RPG Items shop idea just didn't want to work for me. I've removed it and submitted a completely different entry.

I really like Harbour Escape set in the Expand the Theme category. It looks exactly like something TLG would produce.

Wow, Bricknave, your Scorpion Sweeper is so cool :thumbup:

Thanks for the compliment! :sweet:

Nice one, pedro! Really creative entry, and based on a great set like Cloud City, too!
My favourite entry so far is pedro's Persian version of Cloud City :thumbup:
Awesome entry, pedro! Excellent adaption of that set! Now you just need to make a shot of Nizam and Dastan having a katana duel where, at the end, Dastan gets his hand cut off and Nizam tells him he is his uncle.

Thanks guys!

And Oky - I think I'm actually going to do that. :laugh:

Thanks guys!

And Oky - I think I'm actually going to do that. :laugh:

As long as you have a max of three pics in the entry post :wink:

You can link to your gallery, however.

After the contest you can create a new detailed thread with everything in one place.

I just submitted mine for category 2. The entries are looking fantastic :thumbup: The hourglass was executed fantastically. And a :thumbup: to pedro for thinking outside the box and making cloud city. (I'm surprised i haven't seen a Temple Escape yet, it was the first thing i wanted to do but couldn't because a lack of proper colors)

Your Persian Version entry looks great, MrTools! Fantastic choice, the transfer from Pirates to PoP was very smooth. Instantly recognizable with the right amount of Persian flavor.

I also posted my entry, the Persian Version of 8396 Soldier's Arsenal.

I also posted my entry, the Persian Version of 8396 Soldier's Arsenal.

Nice idea of using the Spiked Pauldron to replace the epaulette!

Sologuy369, I really think that you should seriously consider completely revising your entry. I'm not meaning to be rude, but that looks something like what my 8-year-old cousin built. It has some things going for it, like the artifacts on the boat, but you at least need to peel of the Rebel Insignia off of that one peice. I mean, really. I'm sorry that I'm sounding so critical, but it is my belief that constructive criticism is a good thing.

Nice idea of using the Spiked Pauldron to replace the epaulette!

Thanks!

On another note, could those people with entries with over about 800 square pixel pictures please resize? It's one thing when you have your own topic for your MOCs, but it's unfair to others when I have to close the window before my computer freezes up. It would be much appreciated. :sweet:

Hey people I do not know, first off great entries :thumbup: I am loving "sand cloud city" and "cameltraz" :tongue: Also come check out my market stall. I,m working on a catagory 1 thats coming out great so far.

Sandy,

That is a fabulous creation for the PoP version of the Dragon Fortress! Using the Scorpion Palace parts is quite natural (indeed some of my dark orange for my Cat I entry came from it) and works wonderfully for this elaborate creation.

It is something that I would love to have as a creation, the Dragon Fortress is one of my favorite sets.

The colour co-ordination is great and the gold peaks are a great way to introduce gold into the scheme. The combination of HP faces, orient expedition and indy costumes works great for the minifigs!

Woho, the Persian Grocer is simply amazing! :cry_happy:

I couldn't belive my eyes! :thumbup:

Thank you guys, you're too kind! :blush:

I have added a couple of photos in my Flickr gallery.

Aw maaan! Fugazi beat me to the Persian Grocer! :cry_sad: And it looks better than mine. Now I gotta think of something else...

Great job on it, though. The garden at the top is what makes it so nice (and better than mine). :thumbup:

Aw maaan! Fugazi beat me to the Persian Grocer! :cry_sad: And it looks better than mine. Now I gotta think of something else...

Great job on it, though. The garden at the top is what makes it so nice (and better than mine). :thumbup:

Damned! So sorry mate, I figured something like this would happen eventually :cry_sad:

Well I don't see why you couldn't post your Grocer as well, I'm sure we have very different persianifications of the same set! It would be a shame to waste that MOC of yours :look:

It's OK. As you said, stuff like that happens. I'm not even done with the first floor yet, so I might as well start over. We'll see.

Hello

Here, I've just posted my participation in Prince Of Persia in Category 1

This has been a real pleasure to build and recreate the atmosphere of this game

I'm not a big gamble but I especially remember the 2D version with the famous guillotine, the harrows and these plates were trembling beneath our feet.

(Yes, I'm an old man now !!! :) )

do you remember ?

prince-of-persia.jpg

but I also play a more recent version (8 years ago) where it's able to stop and rewind the time

Hope you'll enjoy !

Edited by lego-maniac

Hello

Here, I've just posted my participation in Prince Of Persia in Category 1

This has been a real pleasure to build and recreate the atmosphere of this game

I'm not a big gamble but I especially remember the 2D version with the famous guillotine, the harrows and these plates were trembling beneath our feet.

(Yes, I'm an old man now !!! :) )

Ha yeah I remember that old game, it was loads of fun! :thumbup:

Woo your creation is awesome, huge but packed with action and details! I'll have to go back and browse through all of your pictures!

Great work! :thumbup:

In case you didn't know, my sigfig is only a part-time snake charmer. Most of the time, he runs the hottest nightclub in Alamut!

Yeah baby, I'm the Pimp of Persia! :grin: Explains the purple cape, doesn't it?

p1070241_small.jpg

PLEASE NOTE: I mean no offense to any of our female members. My entry's sole purpose is to entertain (and maybe win me some Lego). So if anything bothers you, just let me know, and I'll make the changes. :classic:

Can you spot the real Slave Leia among the others in the stampede? :grin:

p1070236_small.jpg

My category 1 entry is almost done now too, so expect it posted soon!

^No one should have that many slave leias :tongue:

I posted my entry for category 3 too. I had to cheat a little bit, I used to many parts... :laugh:

Haha I think Oky Wan has a bit of a fetish :tongue:

Haha I think Oky Wan has a bit of a fetish :tongue:

Hehe, yeah, I can't resist them Slave Leias, so when I saw them at the Build-A-Fig station, I couldn't help but buy all of them! :tongue:

^No one should have that many slave leias :tongue:

How can something so right be so wrong? :grin:

I posted my entry for category 3 too. I had to cheat a little bit, I used to many parts... :laugh:

Not bad, not bad! I like the technique used on that kiosk, and the use of that microfig is great!