Oky

MOC: 9

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

p1060972_small.jpg

Hello there. :classic: Perhaps you are familiar with a little animated movie called "9" by Shane Acker and Tim Burton, or the award winning short film it is based on. It's an awesome movie about a gang of nine living ragdolls fighting against evil robots which have wiped out humanity in a post-apoc world! :sweet: This is my tribute to that movie, a MOC of the main character, 9.

p1060980_small.jpg

Here is a reference pic:

9-character-poster9.jpg

In his one hand, he holds the light staff which he constructed together with 5, and in the other, he has the talisman which is used to transport souls and ultimately to destroy the Fabrication Machine.

p1060976_small.jpgp1060978_small.jpg

p1060977_small.jpgp1060979_small.jpg

p1060981_small.jpg

"So much thought... the details..." - 2

p1070020_small.jpg

"9, you shall protect the future!" - The Scientist

p1070023_small.jpg

More pics in this brickshelf folder.

C&C welcome. :sweet:

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

I've seen both the short film and the full length movie. I must say you've done a pretty good job. I especially like the hands. I think the torso could use some improvement though. It looks too flat and too thin, perhaps more slopes would've solved that. Other than that it's a very nice MOC.

Wow, I ahvent seen the movie but this was still instantly recognizable. You really nailed it Oky!

I've seen both the short film and the full length movie. I must say you've done a pretty good job. I especially like the hands. I think the torso could use some improvement though. It looks too flat and too thin, perhaps more slopes would've solved that. Other than that it's a very nice MOC.

I agree. the whole stance of 9 is just perfect.

Excellent design 'Oky Wan' - I haven't see the movie, I might try to, it sounds quite interesting.

Rag Doll Mad Max - COOL !

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Nice work Oky! The talisman technique is a very unique and perfect use for those dumb keys. :laugh: Though the head is kinda small and the body is boxy but other than that this is very nice work I really like the light bulb staff. :grin:

absolutely fantastic! you really did a great job with it, and even conquered the blockiness inherent in most fan MOCs of humaniod characters. LOVe the use of the Atlantis piece for the soul-stealer.

Nicely done. Very accurate for something that's brick-built.

Only thing that I think could use improvement is the scale of the hands; they seem a bit too big. Maybe use some Exo-Force robot claw pieces instead?

Also well played on the talisman; I knew those would come in handy for stuff like that.

(though you realize you're now required to build a Fabrication Machine with an Atlantis turny-key-rock-thing, right?)

I saw the film recently (about a week ago), and it looks fairly right compared to what I remember. The torso's shape could be improved, I think. The head could be, too, but I can't think of how. The talisman would've been interesting brick-built, but a key still works. :tongue:

I also just saw the film and I think you've done a great job in recreating the character! :thumbup: I really like the idea of using one of the Atlantis keys as the talisman.

I know I'm bumping this topic, but given Sir Dillon's recent MOC of the house from 9 (check it out!), I think it's appropriate.

@ Oky Wan, I really like this guy... instantly recognizable from the movie. Really nice build on the hands and head - you've accomplished that forlorn look from the movie character very well in Lego; not an easy thing to do.

To echo some of the others, the torso is the only thing I'd work on, but that's really a minor thing. I'm glad you linked back to this MOC - I was hoping to find a Lego version of 9.

Great job! It's very full detailed, i like every single part! Now i'll wait for the 7 and 8 :)

Thanks for all the kind C&C everyone. :classic:

Though the head is kinda small and the body is boxy but other than that this is very nice work

Only thing that I think could use improvement is the scale of the hands; they seem a bit too big.

Yeah, you are both right. The body is boxy because I didn't have many brown pieces available at the time, but now I have more, so maybe I'll make some improvements. The head needed to be nice and round, and this was the only round brown piece I could find, but unfortunately it's a bit small compared to the body. Perhaps next time I will make the whole body smaller so that the head is in the right scale. I wanted the fingers to be pointy and robotic, and this the best way I could find to achieve that. But yeah, they make the hands bigger than the head, which is not right of course.

Looks like I got some work to do.

Also well played on the talisman; I knew those would come in handy for stuff like that. (though you realize you're now required to build a Fabrication Machine with an Atlantis turny-key-rock-thing, right?)

:laugh: I would love to, but I don't have that piece and don't plan on getting it.

Whole cast please? :tongue:

Hehe, well, I suppose I could start a project like that, but I would always have to re-use the same parts due to my lack of brown and tan pieces. Plus I'm very busy these days and I have many other projects that have higher priority. But maybe some day.

I know I'm bumping this topic, but given Sir Dillon's recent MOC of the house from 9 (check it out!), I think it's appropriate. I'm glad you linked back to this MOC - I was hoping to find a Lego version of 9.

No problem, I'm glad it got revived. :classic:

Well I'm definitely looking forward to the remake then! :sweet: I like the idea of just shrinking the body because that design for the head is very nice. :classic: